EDFL Div 1 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the dry they have rock hard black clay and in the wet it becomes a sticky mess. Even worse when they have two cricket pitches on them.
The grounds are patchy and uneven. We all know which grounds should be up graded. But that is never going to happen.
Which grounds you referring too. Maybe the clubs should take responsibility too. They train too much on the grounds in winter. Also why would you train on a ground on a Friday night before a Saturday game in winter.
also why do under 8’s and under 10’s need to train more than once a week. Sure 90 minutes a week is enough for those teams.
Clubs need to look after their grounds. Council does their best but clubs abuse their grounds so why would council spend $500k on upgrading when in 5 yrs it will be back to the same.

Looks like Windy Hill, Coburg & Keilor unavailable for the first Sat finals for Div 1 & 2. Maybe Greenvale, Glenroy or Highgate (if available) may have already been booked in..

They have a home game last round
If that is correct, another example of poor fixturing. Grounds with fences (Keilor, Greenvale, Glenroy) should play their last 2 games away. That way they will be in best possible condition if Windy Hill and Coburg are unavailable.

If that is correct, another example of poor fixturing. Grounds with fences (Keilor, Greenvale, Glenroy) should play their last 2 games away. That way they will be in best possible condition if Windy Hill and Coburg are unavailable.
Coburg out for season. Due to renovations.
have to play at highgate

Great initiative for EVERYONE to get behind to help raise funds for those affected by the fires in GippslandView attachment 802522View attachment 802523

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Great idea Roxy good stuff. Only thing i would say is not sure having it on Australia day weekend would be the greatest idea to maximise the crowd attendance and involvement from the players and others in general. Maybe just push it back to the following weekend to maximise money raised etc. But a brilliant idea and i hope it goes ahead.

Great idea Roxy good stuff. Only thing i would say is not sure having it on Australia day weekend would be the greatest idea to maximise the crowd attendance and involvement from the players and others in general. Maybe just push it back to the following weekend to maximise money raised etc. But a brilliant idea and i hope it goes ahead.

I agree, great idea from Roxy. I’m waiting for them to contact me to play?That would get the crowd in 😄😄 But would I need an ambulance close by?? 👊

on a seroius note Maybe a Thurs or Fri night game? Also where would you play it as it needs to be a central ground without a turf wicket..Whitten Oval, Arden St but would need good numbers.

I see a few clubs are playing 20/20 cricket as a fundraiser. Footy v cricket clubs. Another great initiative from clubs..

I agree, great idea from Roxy. I’m waiting for them to contact me to play?That would get the crowd in But would I need an ambulance close by??

on a seroius note Maybe a Thurs or Fri night game? Also where would you play it as it needs to be a central ground without a turf wicket..Whitten Oval, Arden St but would need good numbers.

I see a few clubs are playing 20/20 cricket as a fundraiser. Footy v cricket clubs. Another great initiative from clubs..

I do think AFL clubs Western Bulldogs and North Melbourne will allow there grounds to be chopped up from a couple of matches of footy even if it is for a good cause ,
Maybe the second oval at Essendon Tullamarine training facilities can be used.

It's difficult with ovals being used for footy. Believe me when I say everyone from the EDFL exec, council and AFLVic are involved trying to find a suitable venue. It's not easy to coordinate something this big among all the clubs
I do think AFL clubs Western Bulldogs and North Melbourne will allow there grounds to be chopped up from a couple of matches of footy even if it is for a good cause ,
Maybe the second oval at Essendon Tullamarine training facilities can be used.

It's difficult with ovals being used for footy. Believe me when I say everyone from the EDFL exec, council and AFLVic are involved trying to find a suitable venue. It's not easy to coordinate something this big among all the clubs

I could imagne. so is is the match on January 27 or March 8/9 labour day weekend ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

cb657ed07e2c6433690e28409e888d42.jpg

Anyone in the know about this ??

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

there was rumours pre Xmas that a number of senior players wanted the coach gone and when the committee decided to stick with him those players wanted out.
Very strange coming off an undefeated season last year, although not overly surprising given coach’s previous history.

Who is the coach and what players have they lost?

Do you honestly think if they didn’t loose players they would of competed with Div 1’s top 4-6??

No not the top 4-6. Thought with same team plus Clinton Young they could compete against Taylors Lakes and Roxburgh Park for survival.
Top 4 looks like fairy likely at this early stage to be EK, Tulla, Westy & APW then West Coburg and Hillside to be dangerous at best but miss finals.
I then see TL, Roxy and daylight to Sunbury.

Do you honestly think if they didn’t loose players they would of competed with Div 1’s top 4-6??

There side last year was one of the better teams to win promotion so I believe if they could have held most of the list together and recruited a few they would have been in the top 6 in my opinion. Not sure what has happened out there as surely someone like Quigley didn’t Intend to stay for 1 year only. Even Badderly would still be a decent forward in this division so it’s strange. It does appear they will struggle but will survive relegation surely.. If not that’s going to be poor management out there. I guess we will wait and see as they did say they have some $$ to spend.

It is a good initiative but I don’t think it will overly well supported
EDFL are better to ask for a gold coin donation at every game played in round 1 both seniors and juniors as well as some luncheons and raffles also conducted on round 1 -

I agree, wonderful cause but who hasn’t already donated and will continue to donate ?
Can’t see this game getting much interest especially being played at Highgate.

would love to see the players donate 10% of match fee in Round.1 then be matched by the EDFL. Would raise some great money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back