Mega Thread EDFL Player points debate

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus people just dont read previous posts ever...... how is anyone cheating.... they have signed players man so what you have no idea if players are leaving or taken pay cuts etc... this thread is becoming worse then the WRFL one.... Everyone says Deer Park is cheating they were investigated by the AFL for 8 months and found nothing dude...... u guys really got to drop that s**t.. you sound like broken down records
how is anyone cheating?
Answer - They pay players sign on's and don't declare it & they manipulate the reported amount they present to the League. ie: Player reported as $500 a game , when in fact they are being paid $1000 a game. This is common knowledge.
Unless a player self reports then Leagues have next to zero hope of proving it

I’ve been told by a friend at the club the players are apparently paying to participate in the game and the EK coach has made it compulsory that every player plays.

100% of All payments from players will go to the donation on top of what else they raise.

That’s pure class from EK and CS (if they charging the players also). Great job for a great cause. Respect

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
The fundraiser is admirable by EK , but really it’s only the norm of what community clubs do , they will need to do a lot more than that before Turbo and a few of the others on here let them off the hook , and rightly so.

The fundraiser is admirable by EK , but really it’s only the norm of what community clubs do , they will need to do a lot more than that before Turbo and a few of the others on here let them off the hook , and rightly so.

Off the hook for what? Being few points over for acouple games last year that they won by hundreds of points? Bar hillside game.

We were over the point cap with a point mixup by the league Last year also.

You've already seen it last year , this year worse

No chance they were over the cap last year... This year they have signed a lot I agree but we don’t know who they have lost. Last year they didn’t sign that many stand outs apart from grabowskis and Lyons really. The rest were all average at best. Don’t think any of last years recruits apart from Josh would of been on big money considering how old Lyons was

No chance they were over the cap last year... This year they have signed a lot I agree but we don’t know who they have lost. Last year they didn’t sign that many stand outs apart from grabowskis and Lyons really. The rest were all average at best. Don’t think any of last years recruits apart from Josh would of been on big money considering how old Lyons was

Barrett and Langwell would’ve been on decent money to drop back to 2nd division club

I can’t believe this post. Lyon would have been on a good deal no doubt. He didn’t go there, out of retirement for the love of it. He was paid very well. Maybe his getting on a bit but until he got injured was one of the best players in this level of footy.

Doubt they would of been on more then 400. They were probably on 250-300 at prem.

Your dreaming. They would be getting 600+.
langwell was on good player at sunshine and Barrett was a regular at Abers. They don’t come cheap.
Exactly horse. Overall average would have been even higher than your estimate.. Langwell played key back role and was pretty good.
im not sure Booze understands the world of local footy when it comes to recruiting players from higher level clubs..They don’t come to play better footy it’s for the benefits they offer.

Exactly horse. Overall average would have been even higher than your estimate.. Langwell played key back role and was pretty good.
im not sure Booze understands the world of local footy when it comes to recruiting players from higher level clubs..They don’t come to play better footy it’s for the benefits they offer.

Players always move down a level for more casual footy and a slightly less if they cant commit to the requirements of Prem. Work etc affects that all the time. Not saying thats what happened but it might have.

To be honest don't really care.. i wouldn't be surprised if every club pays players under the table occasionally. Its never going to be able to be fully monitored so i dont really think about it. But ill never accuse someone of cheating unless proven. Look at Deer Park everyone's been claiming they been cheating for years because they could not be stopped.. after a year investigation by the AFL they were found not guilty. At the end of the day my point is dont believe the s**t that comes out of supporters mouths from rival clubs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey Bash, can you enlighten us to what you know about an off fi
Lucky wasn’t the right word. Meant more lucky for the league they rectified and didn’t cause more dramas for themselves.

Teams player points were allocated when hillsides were etc (start of the week) by the league mate it’s leagues job to allocate points no one else’s. If they make a mistake and people pick it up then great. It should be adjusted, but But no club should be punished for the league being utterly useless and can’t count. EK were not the only team to play over in 2019 so we’re TL but u conveniently forget about them.

We won’t agree on this because if we reverse the story and it was hillside whose points were mis calculated 2 seasons ago and they played over then my view would be the same. Leagues fault. Where as your view would change and agree with me.

We have been rated the 4th best league and we can’t have officials calculate points correctly how can any club be punished if the people employed by the league can’t count and allocate correctly.

There are two blatant mistakes on Tullas list now.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
im no longer talking about what happened in 2019 re points. But you comparing it to Hillsides is ridiculous as one club was found to be above the max of 47. Yes it’s a circus but my point is clubs have the points allocation structure documentation so surely they can work it out especially clubs that recruit heavily. Let’s be honest here and say when clubs recruit players they usually take into account there points. If clubs don’t then they have no idea how to manage a football program and will ultimately destroy it based on knowledge.

Bash If you take this as a dig at your club then that’s up to you but I haven’t mentioned any club in my post and just stating common sense.
All I hear is volunteers, volunteers etc etc. Well football managers should be payed in my opinion and incorporate roles into there job description. In some cases coaches do a lot of this work and they should be held accountable for any errors. Football clubs are a business so be professional.

Anyone know about an altercation between a former hillside player who was serving it up to his old team mates last Friday? Mail is things turned south quickly, even had to call his new coach to get him home safely from all reports.

Makes for a good round 2 if true....

Hopefully Bash will respond to this but he hasn’t as yet. If this is correct then surely his current club should take some action if they are serious about there reputation and standards set. Players demand good $$ so it’s only fair they uphold a code of ethics. We often say it’S part time work so there is standards to uphold. So far no punishment so I guess they encourage it maybe!

Hopefully Bash can paste a reply. 😄😄

Hey Bash, can you enlighten us to what you know about an off fi

im no longer talking about what happened in 2019 re points. But you comparing it to Hillsides is ridiculous as one club was found to be above the max of 47. Yes it’s a circus but my point is clubs have the points allocation structure documentation so surely they can work it out especially clubs that recruit heavily. Let’s be honest here and say when clubs recruit players they usually take into account there points. If clubs don’t then they have no idea how to manage a football program and will ultimately destroy it based on knowledge.

Bash If you take this as a dig at your club then that’s up to you but I haven’t mentioned any club in my post and just stating common sense.
All I hear is volunteers, volunteers etc etc. Well football managers should be payed in my opinion and incorporate roles into there job description. In some cases coaches do a lot of this work and they should be held accountable for any errors. Football clubs are a business so be professional.
Turbo , what about this scenario , clubs put in what they believe are the correct points for a particular player.
The EDFL sends back what they think the points should be either same , higher or lower.
At this time the club then takes that as what the player plays under .
If it is then wrong who is at fault as from what I have seen and been involved in this is what process is.

Ek points on website. Not being privy to B&F results makes it hard.

Rayner - 4
Michallef - 3
Klaromenos- 3

I would’ve thought they should all be 1 point higher.

Ek points on website. Not being privy to B&F results makes it hard.

Rayner - 4
Michallef - 3
Klaromenos- 3

I would’ve thought they should all be 1 point higher.
Raynor is a 5 point player. So already 1 incorrect.
He won B&F in 2019 and transferred after 2020. So 3 plus 1 (opposition club) plus 1 (B&F)
So how does EK get that wrong. There is no reason as a 10 year old can work it out.

Michallef & Klaromenos I believe are 3 due to signing prior to 2020 season

Raynor is a 5 point player. So already 1 incorrect.
He won B&F in 2019 and transferred after 2020. So 3 plus 1 (opposition club) plus 1 (B&F)
So how does EK get that wrong. There is no reason as a 10 year old can work it out.

Michallef & Klaromenos I believe are 3 due to signing prior to 2020 season
I don’t think Klaromenos signed before 2020, was a 2021 sign

Brancatcisano should be 5 due to multiple clubs and coming from higher league. So his 5 as pretty sure he transferred after season got cancelled. If not his a 4. Definitely not a 3.

so already they have issues. FFS where is the EDFL doing.

I don’t think Klaromenos signed before 2020, was a 2021 sign

You could be right.
I know Coletta signed prior to 2020. If Klaromenos is 4 then Michallef will also be 4.

You would hope with all the signings at EK that the league have them as a piority for points clarification.

Hopefully Bash will respond to this but he hasn’t as yet. If this is correct then surely his current club should take some action if they are serious about there reputation and standards set. Players demand good $$ so it’s only fair they uphold a code of ethics. We often say it’S part time work so there is standards to uphold. So far no punishment so I guess they encourage it maybe!

Hopefully Bash can paste a reply.

I don’t even know what your talking about first I’ve heard

Brancatcisano should be 5 due to multiple clubs and coming from higher league. So his 5 as pretty sure he transferred after season got cancelled. If not his a 4. Definitely not a 3.

so already they have issues. FFS where is the EDFL doing.

He has not played 3 clubs in 3 years he spent more then a year at his previous club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back