EDFL Div 1 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember that if hillside do pay then they must add that money into their salary cap.
plus I’m sure Bonnici is a Greenvale junior not a hillside junior.
Maybe he played juniors for both clubs.
He was ex captain of Hillside so i assume hes played juniors there.

No - he committed to Tulla. If DC and the club decide to release him he would think himself very lucky. He signed a contract and if he wants to break that there are consequences, play at Tulla or sit the season out - end of story
I’m a big advocate for contracts being held but if his getting $0 then let’s be reasonable about it.
Hillside won’t be paying them anything as it will go to appeals if the 3rd one gets denied. I reckon the appeals release him..

Remember that if hillside do pay then they must add that money into their salary cap.
plus I’m sure Bonnici is a Greenvale junior not a hillside junior.
Maybe he played juniors for both clubs.
Played juniors at both clubs I believe. Either way his a 1 pointer with HS and 3 points at Tulla.

I’m a big advocate for contracts being held but if his getting $0 then let’s be reasonable about it.
Hillside won’t be paying them anything as it will go to appeals if the 3rd one gets denied. I reckon the appeals release him..

A contract is legally binding once signed by both parties. The amount the player gets paid in the contract is irrelevant.
If it gets to appeal he is zero chance of getting out of it. Football Vic will always favour the club with the contract

A contract is legally binding once signed by both parties. The amount the player gets paid in the contract is irrelevant.
If it gets to appeal he is zero chance of getting out of it. Football Vic will always favour the club with the contract
As previously advised to all players!! under no circumstances should you sign more than a 12 month contract- if the club is pressuring you to sign more than 12 months make sure you list your conditions!! If the player wants more than 12 months( I still don’t understand why this would be the case) and before people start talking about security,future build or backend financial arrangements- this can all be discussed after each 12 months! It not that hard!!believe me- if the player wants to go you will not get the best out of him if he stays- this is local footy after all-wait and see approach!!$$$$$

As previously advised to all players!! under no circumstances should you sign more than a 12 month contract- if the club is pressuring you to sign more than 12 months make sure you list your conditions!! If the player wants more than 12 months( I still don’t understand why this would be the case) and before people start talking about security,future build or backend financial arrangements- this can all be discussed after each 12 months! It not that hard!!believe me- if the player wants to go you will not get the best out of him if he stays- this is local footy after all-wait and see approach!!$$$$$

In this case the player didn’t sign for 2 years. He re signed post season and then decided to leave a few later.

I don’t believe Tulla expect him to come back, but they are in their rights not to clear him to a club they play against. Why should they allow a competing club to get stronger at their expense.

In this case the player didn’t sign for 2 years. He re signed post season and then decided to leave a few later.

I don’t believe Tulla expect him to come back, but they are in their rights not to clear him to a club they play against. Why should they allow a competing club to get stronger at their expense.

5 new yellow Sherrins for training usually does the trick in these situations.

5 new yellow Sherrins for training usually does the trick in these situations.

Clubs need to take a firmer stand, it is all the players way, some stick their hands out for cash, seek better offers every year and don’t give much back to the clubs. I think clubs should hold players to their contracts and under no circumstances release them, it’s the only power the clubs have.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Clubs need to take a firmer stand, it is all the players way, some stick their hands out for cash, seek better offers every year and don’t give much back to the clubs. I think clubs should hold players to their contracts and under no circumstances release them, it’s the only power the clubs have.

Totally agree. If enough clubs do that, players will get the message. To many players just put their hand out but never offer to give back.
I applaud clubs that hold players to contracts.

Disagree !! "Its all the players way ?? Far from it !! Ultimately, the clubs decide who to shove contracts in front of, what type of player they want, what to pay OR agree to pay, based on what the player wants. The clubs current committee, recruiters and coaches make this decision. They Should have performed their Due Diligence -i.e this player has been at 4 clubs in 5 years, he doesn't hang around, he is only available to train one day a week, he is very injury prone, he likes to get on the drinks on a Friday night etc.etc.etc.. A good strong club will have this information and can make an informed decision on whether to place a contract in front of this player. I believe it all comes down to a strong culture and communication with players. If you create a great club environment, this will go a long way to retaining your players from Juniors thru to the potential recruits. This includes your football & social cultures outside the club - Keilor & Aberfeldie set a pretty high standard as is evident by their numbers and the majority of positive feedback from persons involved with those clubs in general. But of course they have a lot of willing volunteers that just want to be part of the process.

Disagree !! "Its all the players way ?? Far from it !! Ultimately, the clubs decide who to shove contracts in front of, what type of player they want, what to pay OR agree to pay, based on what the player wants. The clubs current committee, recruiters and coaches make this decision. They Should have performed their Due Diligence -i.e this player has been at 4 clubs in 5 years, he doesn't hang around, he is only available to train one day a week, he is very injury prone, he likes to get on the drinks on a Friday night etc.etc.etc.. A good strong club will have this information and can make an informed decision on whether to place a contract in front of this player. I believe it all comes down to a strong culture and communication with players. If you create a great club environment, this will go a long way to retaining your players from Juniors thru to the potential recruits. This includes your football & social cultures outside the club - Keilor & Aberfeldie set a pretty high standard as is evident by their numbers and the majority of positive feedback from persons involved with those clubs in general. But of course they have a lot of willing volunteers that just want to be part of the process.

And I disagree with you

Matt Coomans has put in a transfer to Roxburgh Park. Big bodied hard nut who will win his fair share of contested ball. If they can get Dimech they will be two handy ins to help out Short.

Matt Coomans has put in a transfer to Roxburgh Park. Big bodied hard nut who will win his fair share of contested ball. If they can get Dimech they will be two handy ins to help out Short.
If they can get first use
“If”
Might struggle without their ruckman who went to westy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree a contract is a contract “however” if the player is playing for free then be decent and allow him to move on. He did inform them earlier.. I assume there is a reason why he left and now wants to return. Also his a decent guy!!

If they can get first use
“If”
Might struggle without their ruckman who went to westy

Ferris only played two games before injury ruled him out for the remainder of the year.
Young Micallef rucked for the rest of the year and came third in their b&f.
He's only about 21 years old, great leap and can run.

Great stuff Hillside Football Club and Sydenham/Hillside Storm Cricket Club
Huge effort from a 20/20 cricket game.

Below taken from clubs media page and thought I would share it.

🌟T20 FUNDRAISER - FINAL TOTAL🌟

Well....the final tally is in....

T20 Charity Fundraiser raised a grand total of $4,762

Both the Storm and the Sharks communities should be very proud of their efforts in raising such an incredible amount for this very worthy cause.

Thank you to everyone that came and made this possible.

Attachments

• DA64CDDD-EB93-4ED6-A14E-A06A9342C000.png
    DA64CDDD-EB93-4ED6-A14E-A06A9342C000.png
    590.1 KB · Views: 75
Great stuff Hillside Football Club and Sydenham/Hillside Storm Cricket Club
Huge effort from a 20/20 cricket game.

Below taken from clubs media page and thought I would share it.

🌟T20 FUNDRAISER - FINAL TOTAL🌟

Well....the final tally is in....

T20 Charity Fundraiser raised a grand total of $4,762

Both the Storm and the Sharks communities should be very proud of their efforts in raising such an incredible amount for this very worthy cause.

Thank you to everyone that came and made this possible.
Fantastic effort !! Great work by both the football & cricket clubs of Hillside. Some great people involved in the clubs and this is the result of good leadership bring everyone together especially by Mr Cricket president himself MR.HACKNEY !! Looks like they have secured a top two spot too following on from last years cricket winning promotion !

Strongly disagree with you. Players who leave clubs regularly are only shopping themselves around to the highest bidder. If they sign a deal then they have to stick to it. If someone signs a contract for 2 years and the second year is for free obviously has had a highly front ended contract, so why would a club release him?

Further, have started to hear that clubs are signing players from lower divisions for next season already. Inflating the players price knowing that they won’t play in their seniors so they can fill their reserves, thirds U/18s. Meaning the player will receive no remuneration. If players sign up to this then good on them but they can’t complain. This will inflate the prices for players in the lower divisions. I would be locking away any players I wanted to keep now. Interesting that players are discussing contracts for next season with other clubs already. Any loyalty in this game anymore?

Strongly disagree with you. Players who leave clubs regularly are only shopping themselves around to the highest bidder. If they sign a deal then they have to stick to it. If someone signs a contract for 2 years and the second year is for free obviously has had a highly front ended contract, so why would a club release him?

Further, have started to hear that clubs are signing players from lower divisions for next season already. Inflating the players price knowing that they won’t play in their seniors so they can fill their reserves, thirds U/18s. Meaning the player will receive no remuneration. If players sign up to this then good on them but they can’t complain. This will inflate the prices for players in the lower divisions. I would be locking away any players I wanted to keep now. Interesting that players are discussing contracts for next season with other clubs already. Any loyalty in this game anymore?

Believe he played last year for nothing so contract no back ended mate. Don’t think he wants the pressure of being paid just wants to enjoy his footy after suffering some injuries over recent seasons. If this is true then iis commendable I think.
any player who signs with anothe club for season 2021 early this season deserves everything that they will cop. Absolutely stupid thing to do. They will get shafted most likely. Why give up your advantage of signing now to another club.

Believe he played last year for nothing so contract no back ended mate. Don’t think he wants the pressure of being paid just wants to enjoy his footy after suffering some injuries over recent seasons. If this is true then iis commendable I think.
any player who signs with anothe club for season 2021 early this season deserves everything that they will cop. Absolutely stupid thing to do. They will get shafted most likely. Why give up your advantage of signing now to another club.

Sign a contract with Telstra for two years and see if they release you without penalty after one year if you don’t use the phone. Why should football clubs be any different?

I think you will find that many clubs are not clearing players that are under contract. I think clubs have had enough and are sending a clear message.

All this contract talk is total rubbish all you lot need to get over yourselves. Ffs it’s only park football. Throw Tulla a couple of slabs and move on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All this contract talk is total rubbish all you lot need to get over yourselves. Ffs it’s only park football. Throw Tulla a couple of slabs and move on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your wrong mate, players stick their hands out for more and more money, move on when there is a better offer from another club also demand physio’s, footy boots etc. do the players realise how much work is required to raise the money to pay for all this? If it’s only local footy then why do players want paid? Shouldn’t they play for the love of the club? I costs $600k a year to run a premier club, $450k to run a Div 1 club. Good on clubs for standing their ground, I hope they do it more and more and a couple of slabs just does not cut it.

Sign a contract with Telstra for two years and see if they release you without penalty after one year if you don’t use the phone. Why should football clubs be any different?

I think you will find that many clubs are not clearing players that are under contract. I think clubs have had enough and are sending a clear message.

As they should

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back