EDFL Div 1 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your counting the double ups of the 12 players that got rejected at KP twice, they lost 3 senior players from last years grand final team. Nathan Lyons (retired), Jackson Barrett went to StBernards for work I’ve been told and Lachlan langwell back to her previous club abbers.

They lost reserve players who followed their coach and thirds who also followed the coach probably to play for $50 a game

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

What do you think EKs starting 22 will look like come round 1 Boozebud? Reckon you can have a crack at a mock team?

No s**t clearly those senior players were not going to win a flag and take the club to premier so what do you expect. If the club wants to become a premier club 2-3 players won’t do that..

Those senior players ranged from the age of 18-25, were good club people and had their best years ahead of them who knows how good that young core could of been in the next 3-4 years (majority one pointers as well)

Absolutely correct !! and a lot more to it than that. The Club let it happen and this is the result. If the objective is to play in Premier league, then i am sure the planning has already begun for another 25+ players from across the state because although a very strong squad on paper currently, this team will be lucky to win 3-4 games in premier in my opinion. But, they have to get there first. I suppose Craigieburn will set the template this year and will be watched closely from afar! Airport West is the best recent example.
Hey mate, Avondale are actually looking alright and remember there 19s of last year did well in premier so a bit of talent coming through. There core group stayed and kept there inspiration leader. They definitely won’t be bottom 2. All goes well they will be around 5-7.

Imo the current list EK have assembled for this year in div1 would struggle to win a game in premier league. Obviously they would need to top up if they went up so it’s an irrelevant discussion to some degree ( not being rude) but the loss of players must be concerning but I guess you move on..The ex 2s coach must have been a popular guy.. Could they have kept him? But i guess a senior coaching gig, at the level below is good for his development.

Hey mate, Avondale are actually looking alright and remember there 19s of last year did well in premier so a bit of talent coming through. There core group stayed and kept there inspiration leader. They definitely won’t be bottom 2. All goes well they will be around 5-7.

Imo the current list EK have assembled for this year in div1 would struggle to win a game in premier league. Obviously they would need to top up if they went up so it’s an irrelevant discussion to some degree ( not being rude) but the loss of players must be concerning but I guess you move on..The ex 2s coach must have been a popular guy.. Could they have kept him? But i guess a senior coaching gig, at the level below is good for his development.
I would of thought it would be a MAJOR concern to the club losing all these good EK Lads ( and $$$$) especially if they want to have any impact in Premier division and for all previous hard working committee persons keeping them there in the first place. That's why they should be congratulated for working it out with KP as approx 14 players ended up there. At a guess, 15 of the starting 22 would have played less than 20 games for the East Keilor Football Club. Success at what cost - Deer Park don't have under 19's, Reserves missed the finals in many years and their seniors won the premiership again well under the Salary cap. So it depends on what the club's goal is. Anyway, enough about EK.
I think APW & Tulla a big show this year. Tull have gone for speed with some handy recruits and West Coburg just hanging back at the moment and see big improvement from them !!

What do you think EKs starting 22 will look like come round 1 Boozebud? Reckon you can have a crack at a mock team?

Nah mate i only know of their main players from last year as i went and watch all their finals and the games against TL which no offence to us made all their players look fairly decent because we got slapped... Second game wasnt so bad. Never really seen any of the new recruits play or heard of them besides Marc Lock the ex afl guy who i know is an absolute weapon (no surprise you dont play afl if your not a beast i guess)

I would of thought it would be a MAJOR concern to the club losing all these good EK Lads ( and $$$$) especially if they want to have any impact in Premier division and for all previous hard working committee persons keeping them there in the first place. That's why they should be congratulated for working it out with KP as approx 14 players ended up there. At a guess, 15 of the starting 22 would have played less than 20 games for the East Keilor Football Club. Success at what cost - Deer Park don't have under 19's, Reserves missed the finals in many years and their seniors won the premiership again well under the Salary cap. So it depends on what the club's goal is. Anyway, enough about EK.
I think APW & Tulla a big show this year. Tull have gone for speed with some handy recruits and West Coburg just hanging back at the moment and see big improvement from them !!
I dont think thirds make a club successful in anyway.... many clubs dont have thirds. 19's are a massive loss shame that EK and Hillside both lost them but im sure they will manage to build up a 19's team again in the future.

I dont think thirds make a club successful in anyway.... many clubs dont have thirds. 19's are a massive loss shame that EK and Hillside both lost them but im sure they will manage to build up a 19's team again in the future.
I agree with you it’s a huge concern that a club like Hillside cannot field an under 19s side. Yes it’s a difficult age group I admit and probably not much the club can do unless they go and poach a coach from another club with the promise of $$. Where is the AFVic when clubs need them. Doing f all I reckon..
EK done well to field 19s over recent seasons however that area is more challenging to draw kids plus with the reemergence of Avondale probably doesn’t help. Then we have Keilor in between parked outside houses to get them across 😂😂 just kidding!!

I’m with you. I’m sure they would like to have kept players but it is what it is. Remember reserves players are your bread & butter guys. Sticking around and always being there. Most in it for the right reasons. Give them a free slab after each game

Interesting !! The top 5 out of 6 clubs from Premier division last year had a thirds side. Keilor even had two. Pascoe Vale the only team not to have one. It also depends on what you opinion of "a successful club" is. Yes agree that it is a shame that the 19's are disappearing but with good club management this is exactly what a thirds team is for to keep them at the club and playing footy with a couple of old blokes thrown in for enjoyment and social aspect!

Interesting !! The top 5 out of 6 clubs from Premier division last year had a thirds side. Keilor even had two. Pascoe Vale the only team not to have one. It also depends on what you opinion of "a successful club" is. Yes agree that it is a shame that the 19's are disappearing but with good club management this is exactly what a thirds team is for to keep them at the club and playing footy with a couple of old blokes thrown in for enjoyment and social aspect!

Fair enough just my opinion that’s all couldn’t care less for eks 3rds or 19’s. If they win the flag then who gives a s**t that their thirds went to KP

But since were spitting facts

Thirds grand final was TWO div 1 teams being hillside and ek (who won it)
Greenvale thirds didn’t make finals
Keilor had two teams but one barely fielded a side
Marby and keilor only played finals due to the league making finals top 6 teams.

So my point stands thirds sides do not make clubs successful look at keilor... they are hardly known for their thirds sides lol

Fair enough just my opinion that’s all couldn’t care less for eks 3rds or 19’s. If they win the flag then who gives a s**t that their thirds went to KP

But since were spitting facts

Thirds grand final was TWO div 1 teams being hillside and ek (who won it)
Greenvale thirds didn’t make finals
Keilor had two teams but one barely fielded a side
Marby and keilor only played finals due to the league making finals top 6 teams.

So my point stands thirds sides do not make clubs successful look at keilor... they are hardly known for their thirds sides lol

I couldn't care either but my point is that since the start of the thirds in 2015 - this has predominantly been made up of Premier division teams which is part of their long term strategy. The retaining of players and sheer numbers around the club including the social aspect of it- Oak park had 90+ players around the club last year- great for membership and spend across the Bar and good social environment. No so good on the football field though - Anyway, just my opinion !

East Keilor should be concerned about player loss for the reason that going up (assumption) will be much different to the experiences of Deer Park (the model they are built on).
The WRFL is by no way near the same level as the EDFL. I.E. East Keilor will not win the comp fist year up. It is just not possible with salary cap and points. Teams like Marby and Doutta who have gone up and won did not face this obstacle. Deer Park did not have to worry about money or points.
so when East struggles going up what will happen. What is the core group of players, families and supporters that have are real commitment to the club.
The fall can be brutal, Northern Saints and Lalor are two recent examples of teams that climbed beyond their real capabilities (not saying it was the same system that got them up).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tulla to improve or go backwards this year? Lost a few but also picked up a few younger types - definiately need the leg speed if they want to compete with APW and EK for mine

Tulla to improve or go backwards this year? Lost a few but also picked up a few younger types - definiately need the leg speed if they want to compete with APW and EK for mine
I feel they will do fairly well id say they would finish 4th Behind EK, APW and WM. The new kids might feel the pressure of finals etc. Who knows

They always seem to be there abouts and always win more than they loose. Cant see them troubling EK but will finish 2nd or 3rd again. West Coburg could be the one to suprise a few teams and sneak into the finals. If true, the addition of Ash Manning will give the club a massive boost

They always seem to be there abouts and always win more than they loose. Cant see them troubling EK but will finish 2nd or 3rd again. West Coburg could be the one to suprise a few teams and sneak into the finals. If true, the addition of Ash Manning will give the club a massive boost
Whats your ladder prediction for the season?

Far out i think if Westy dont make finals that will be a terrible season for them with the pick ups they have had i.e Ranno & Nabbout
EK & APW certainties which leave 2 spots

Westmeadows will not make the finals and will have every excuse under the sun at the end of the year... You heard it here first

EK & APW certainties which leave 2 spots

Westmeadows will not make the finals and will have every excuse under the sun at the end of the year... You heard it here first
Wow big call. Interesting.. what makes you so certain they wont make finals?

Wow big call. Interesting.. what makes you so certain they wont make finals?
Looking from the outside I tend to agree they will be anywhere between 3-6 on the ladder.
Question marks on:
- There leg speed
- Do they have a good small forward to compliment there 3 tall forwards?
- Have the recruited a key back and ruck?
- Injuries have hurt them over recent seasons to some degree so can they manage that?
- Coach, although appears popular with the players is still raw and inexperienced to sone degree. How will he go in his 2nd year? Can he change things around and be less reliant on Castello..

* Just a few observations on Westy but other clubs also have there issues so I’m not criticising them in any way.
cheers

East Keilor should be concerned about player loss for the reason that going up (assumption) will be much different to the experiences of Deer Park (the model they are built on).
The WRFL is by no way near the same level as the EDFL. I.E. East Keilor will not win the comp fist year up. It is just not possible with salary cap and points. Teams like Marby and Doutta who have gone up and won did not face this obstacle. Deer Park did not have to worry about money or points.
so when East struggles going up what will happen. What is the core group of players, families and supporters that have are real commitment to the club.
The fall can be brutal, Northern Saints and Lalor are two recent examples of teams that climbed beyond their real capabilities (not saying it was the same system that got them up).

The year Douttas went up was the first year of the points system which caused problems when one pointers were injured and we had to play reserve players who weren't up to it. I reckon we lost two or three games because of this. The salary cap came in the following year.

Darley Football Netball Club are looking for new players for their under 19 boys team. Membership will be half price, socks and shorts provided. Training will be Tuesday and Thursday nights from 6:15pm. If you are thinking of playing and want to be guaranteed a game please call club president Mark Shelly 0418 518 862

Looking from the outside I tend to agree they will be anywhere between 3-6 on the ladder.
Question marks on:
- There leg speed
- Do they have a good small forward to compliment there 3 tall forwards?
- Have the recruited a key back and ruck?
- Injuries have hurt them over recent seasons to some degree so can they manage that?
- Coach, although appears popular with the players is still raw and inexperienced to sone degree. How will he go in his 2nd year? Can he change things around and be less reliant on Castello..

* Just a few observations on Westy but other clubs also have there issues so I’m not criticising them in any way.
cheers
i disagree with you to some extent
Their leg speed was a problem last year but i belived with Ranno , Evans and a couple of others this will be less of a concern this season.
as for small forward i did not think it was a problem as their small forward kick 50 plus goals last year their problem was keeping tall forwards on the park.
The coach is a very smart young coach he has a premier under 19 premership under his belt alread with marby also a year under Costello and Clinick also at Marby i heard him speak at a couple of games last year and was impressed with his manor and they way he was able to get direct messages across
i do think he needs better ass coaches as i thought they struggled a bit .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back