EDFL Div 1 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know more than me about Rupo but I like the idea of calling your homegrowns that might have played at the club. It’s the way to go with the points system.

Check out his previous posts. Been slagging off Rupo for awhile now. I guess it makes him feel a bit better about himself. Plenty of peanuts around who get their jolly’s potting successful clubs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha
It means all the potential recruits were promised a ex afl player to coach and they got a bloke who inhereted helmers team an turned broadford into a basketcase winnin about 3 games
Long year ahead for Rupo

Not sure I inherited anything from Dean to be honest.
Pretty sure I was coaching at Broadford long before Dean came along cobber
But it sounds like you know it all.

Never mind this bloke Jack

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Rupo have resorted to wringing there u16 premiership players from years ago to come "home".
Unsolicited calls from spud, sorry skip the coach are the laughin point in the postcode
Rupo defnatly of the boil

This is such a poor post. Feels as though I’ve seen this style previously though, especially the Rupo bashing, along with the Skip bashing. Feels so very familiar.

Just going to try and change topic from EK for hopefully longer than 8 hours lol.

How do we all rate every clubs off season activity?

Tullamarine - have put together a solid list of players and for the first time in a long time may have enough depth to go one better than runner up, could be risky business with Limbach if he can't get back to the form we all know he is capable of, between Cronin, Allen and Pretty there were around 100 goals in 2019, does Allen move into a CHF / Ruck role now? Most impressive player for Tulla last year was young Matson, i think the departure of Mulvaney gives him an opportunity to play up on a wing and has the potential to dominate, the inclusion of Micallef gives them a good edge, the guy can play big and small, will never be the best player in a team but certainly very important, Laffan adds more pace across HF and wing. Where will Dalrymple play in this solid team? Oak Park played him on a wing when i watched them a few times. They lost Richard Findlay but he only played a handful of games, their issues over the last few years have clearly been depth, senior team always 2nd or 3rd but ressies struggle to win a game, i think that changes in 2021, 19s team made a prelim so some good youngsters coming up and not much movement out of the club so player retention seems good.

Tulla and Roxy have been the big movers, difference being Tulla filling holes for what they see as a premiership window and Roxy getting a very solid young list together, i will call it early but i expect Roxy to be playing finals in the next couple of years, they wont set the world on fire but they wont play c grade whilst Farelly is there. 10/10 for both clubs off field so far.

Westmeadows - are rounding off their coaching team getting some good experience around an already good leadership group, they have had some issues off field and their handling of the situation may not have been the best but speaking strictly footy i beleive they are the real deal and can definitley challenge.

Rupo - hard to gauge where they are at, won the flag from 4th with a lot of outgoing players, what is a pass mark for the newcomers?

According to clearances alot of movement to and from Sunbury Kangaroos, unsure if senior or juniors though, does anyone expect them to be a top 4 contender after a very dominant season in C grade?

Taylors Lakes have made a statement with an influx of young players (mostly under 18s) hearing alot of positives coming out of there, don't think they have a good enough list to play finals but definitley a better list than last year although Rhys Deacon is on the move, he has been a solid goal kicker over the past couple of seasons.

Hillside has alot of outgoing players but they also have one of the best junior programs in the league, they wont be as bad as prople think, they have recruited well and have an abundance of gun 18-20 year olds to pick from.

EK - a few new faces to the cougars but also a few gone : Barrett, Langwell, Kennedy, Lyons, Carey off the top of my head that played in the GF but are gone.

West Coburg - Lynden Dunn.... is he enough to get them to finals? Baravi gone, saw them twice last year and Baravi was definitely their best, not much happening on the transfer front and absolutley no word about what is going on down there, i don't know what to expect but you would think a pass would be a top 4 finish.

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Hillside will be middle of the road, they are still waiting on a couple of players to commit that havn't yet.
Was told yesterday Jake Hobbs departing T Lakes , on his way to Woodend, big kick in the guts for TL if true.

still no news on new coach at APW . Is this because lack of candidates or quality of candidates .There would have to be some good ex VFL ass coaches out there that still want to keep their hand in even if it is a div 1 team . take Luke Beveridge he started in the ammos and now he is an AFL premiership coach.Its all good experiance

still no news on new coach at APW . Is this because lack of candidates or quality of candidates .There would have to be some good ex VFL ass coaches out there that still want to keep their hand in even if it is a div 1 team . take Luke Beveridge he started in the ammos and now he is an AFL premiership coach.Its all good experiance
Suckling maybe?

If there is a man in local footy to get him down, probably would be him. But sadly no. We’re going after Chris Judd, Dane swan and tony Lockett according to turbo next week.
All 1 pointers too

Hey Bash. Little birdy told me there is discontent in the camp. How numbers going for two teams?

Hey Bash. Little birdy told me there is discontent in the camp. How numbers going for two teams?

Same little birdy that feeds turbo his info....??? Don’t worry yourself mate

Last edited:
Same little birdy that feeds turbo his info....??? Don’t worry yourself mate

mate my birdy is very reliable and suggestion is you may not have more than 40 on a list to pick two teams.
Gun first team then Blah.
also mate will EK have 18.5s ?
btw l dont know turbo personally and have no idea where his info comes from.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

mate my birdy is very reliable and suggestion is you may not have more than 40 on a list to pick two teams.
Gun first team then Blah.
also mate will EK have 18.5s ?
btw l dont know turbo personally and have no idea where his info comes from.

birdy needs its feather snipped. Screen shot your comment and repost it round 18 when our reserves are in finals.

birdy needs its feather snipped. Screen shot your comment and repost it round 18 when our reserves are in finals.

fair enough bash it would make for a big night at EK if both teams get the chockies .But my question is how tough is it going to be for pat to keep all the ek kids at the club when there is very little chance of them playing seniors ,when there will be senior footballers playing in the twos who came to the club expecting to play seniors and if form warrants would expect to be in front of the kids for any vacant spot .I am not knocking just curious. Too borrow from skyhooks ego is not a dirty word and we all have them

Another gain for Roxy and another loss for Hillside.....

In all honesty mate it’s probably a win/win for both clubs and the player. Matty returns to his junior club to play out his last few years of footy. It will help Roxy no doubt. Hillside going for a bit more youth and building a list under a plan. With a low salary cap it’s best to use these funds approximately and investing in youth is the way forward.

Having said all that Matty was a good player for Hillside who gave his all. Can’t question his attitude or commitment. I’m sure HS wish him well.

In all honesty mate it’s probably a win/win for both clubs and the player. Matty returns to his junior club to play out his last few years of footy. It will help Roxy no doubt. Hillside going for a bit more youth and building a list under a plan. With a low salary cap it’s best to use these funds approximately and investing in youth is the way forward.

Having said all that Matty was a good player for Hillside who gave his all. Can’t question his attitude or commitment. I’m sure HS wish him well.
Where does John Baker fit in the plan?

Nice, at this rate hillside won’t have any 1 pointers left

Gee that’s a great comment from you. Let’s compare 1 pointers come round 1 selection shall we!
HIllside appear to be committed to going for youth and investing in there own talent. Yes they have lost a few but they have juniors which can cover the points gaps. I guess it’s a completely different path to your used to however would be interested to see which method is proven better over a 3-5 year period..

In this case of the player leaving i can’t see an issue with it really. But hey it is what it is. Good on Roxy for getting him back as it’s a good sign things are improving out there for Matty to go back.

Nice work, love how you hang s**t on ek for signing 5-6 players this year, you have signed more players then EK this year according to the article. Surely your flag favourite now!

In all seriousness though well done anymore going to magpies before season start ?

Gee that’s a great comment from you. Let’s compare 1 pointers come round 1 selection shall we!
HIllside appear to be committed to going for youth and investing in there own talent. Yes they have lost a few but they have juniors which can cover the points gaps. I guess it’s a completely different path to your used to however would be interested to see which method is proven better over a 3-5 year period..

In this case of the player leaving i can’t see an issue with it really. But hey it is what it is. Good on Roxy for getting him back as it’s a good sign things are improving out there for Matty to go back.

Cmon turbo.... please mate....Lost a few ? Turbo put it how you want but They have literally lost arguably their 6 best players. All 1 pointers.

Colletta
Micallef
Rayner
Raff
Patane
Klaromenos

Unrest going on at shark park?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back