EDFL Div 1 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Since Charlie has taken over the club has gone significantly backwards.

went from 8-8 in 2019 to 5-7 in 2021, with two back to back 100+ point losses. And 4/5 wins coming against bottom 3.
Players out since his appointment in no particular order. Brown, akkok, Ajamy, schandeller, Klaramenos, colleta, Rayner, micallef, burns, Rachrache, Patane, Syme, Gashi, El Chakik, Newell, Bailon, Petracca, Italiano, taban, McNaughton, papazologu, kerbatieh plus have heard there’s another handful that have left dipasquale, di Petta, hampshire, Lancaster.. that’s 25 and there would be some missed.

players in tremberth, kerbatieth (in and out), wunhym, grampas x 2, covelli, Pettigrove, Ellis, plus maybe 3-4 more that haven’t been mentioned but not so called starting 18 at the club.

you could make a pretty good senior side out of that list alone! It can’t just be a coincidence as all players mentioned are now playing at rival clubs.

Would be worried if it was my club

Wow, when you put it that way it definitely does look horrible!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

went from 8-8 in 2019 to 5-7 in 2021, with two back to back 100+ point losses. And 4/5 wins coming against bottom 3.
Players out since his appointment in no particular order. Brown, akkok, Ajamy, schandeller, Klaramenos, colleta, Rayner, micallef, burns, Rachrache, Patane, Syme, Gashi, El Chakik, Newell, Bailon, Petracca, Italiano, taban, McNaughton, papazologu, kerbatieh plus have heard there’s another handful that have left dipasquale, di Petta, hampshire, Lancaster.. that’s 25 and there would be some missed.

players in tremberth, kerbatieth (in and out), wunhym, grampas x 2, covelli, Pettigrove, Ellis, plus maybe 3-4 more that haven’t been mentioned but not so called starting 18 at the club.

you could make a pretty good senior side out of that list alone! It can’t just be a coincidence as all players mentioned are now playing at rival clubs.

Does that put them in the bottom 2-3 and fighting relegation?

On SM-G998B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think so, whilst some of those losses have been over the last 3 years, seems to be alot going from this years side, and the cattle coming in, I dont see as good, so will be a bottom end side in 2022

They look to have a really quality young players coming through.
Problem they will have is how they will keep the really good young ones? Ryan surely will get opportunities elsewhere, white will be a massive in for them but will he stay he has left once before and Ellis is still only 17 he will no doubt get opportunities at higher level if not go back to St. Albans.
Building a good young list is great for clubs but I just can’t see them keeping the best of them.

Does that put them in the bottom 2-3 and fighting relegation?

On SM-G998B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Even at this (very) early stage there looks to be 3 distinct groups. AW, Tulla, WC, and Westmeadows. Roxy and Craigieburn next, then Rupo, Hillside, Moonee and Sunbury fighting it out. Injuries and depth may well be the key.

They look to have a really quality young players coming through.
Problem they will have is how they will keep the really good young ones? Ryan surely will get opportunities elsewhere, white will be a massive in for them but will he stay he has left once before and Ellis is still only 17 he will no doubt get opportunities at higher level if not go back to St. Albans.
Building a good young list is great for clubs but I just can’t see them keeping the best of them.
When clubs struggle to be competitive, they always struggle to keep their best young players. A lot of work to do to keep them. I’m speaking generally.

Even at this (very) early stage there looks to be 3 distinct groups. AW, Tulla, WC, and Westmeadows. Roxy and Craigieburn next, then Rupo, Hillside, Moonee and Sunbury fighting it out. Injuries and depth may well be the key.
5 vying for finals 5 vying to avoid relegation could be an entertaining 2022

Both Tulla and AW - one will be very disappointed GF night, both going about building a Premiership side
l think one will be very disappointed prelim evening and the other granny evening. both building but not from within.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So if not either AW or Tulla, who's gunna win in 2022??
WC because injuries ruined mid season 2021 and their 18 year olds will be better next year with more youngsters to follow. Also couple long term injuries back for 2022. Club stable with good junior program. I also think westmeadows in same catagory. My dark horse is Rupertswood to make finals.

WC because injuries ruined mid season 2021 and their 18 year olds will be better next year with more youngsters to follow. Also couple long term injuries back for 2022. Club stable with good junior program. I also think westmeadows in same catagory. My dark horse is Rupertswood to make finals.
I like your thoughts, will be very interesting

Think it will be
APW Tulla WC WM Cburn dark horse
Roxy I’m not sure have recruited well enough to make into the finals conversation
HS Rupo Sunbury MV

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back