EDFL Div 1 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Website has them on 22 points now.
Great effort to have the juniors coming through but missed opportunity to recruit a few and have them come down in points

I completely agree with the points raised, but how good is it to talk about a team that has points to burn, rather than ones which may not be able to field their best team due to a lack of them?

Or better yet, they're not a sh*t club that needs to buy success..

As a Carlton supporter you should know better. Kernahan, Braddles, Dorra, Hunter,Williams etc....
Did not come F.O.C.. Without them we would be a few flags short of where we are.

Home grown talent is great , the best. BUT will not cut the mustard by itself as we all know.
If you want success you must recruit and to recruit you need to spend..........

Cant argue, this is what all successful clubs do .

Keilor and Abbers sh-t clubs????

Grow up and get real.

Or better yet, they're not a sh*t club that needs to buy success..

Hey hero, name me a club in EDFL that’s won a premiership and stayed in the division above that played at 22 points........ I’m waiting....
You going to wait 50 years to get 22 home growns good enough ? 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Good luck to all the volunteers umpiring in the reserves and Thirds today. Could get ugly.

On a serious note what happens if a fight breaks out? Can volunteer umps card players? Can anyone get reported by volunteer umps? Could get very messy if a few big heads realise they can't be reported and go the biff. Who's there to police that? It's different at Junior games because nobody wants their kids in a blue but these are adults

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Good luck to all the volunteers umpiring in the reserves and Thirds today. Could get ugly.

On a serious note what happens if a fight breaks out? Can volunteer umps card players? Can anyone get reported by volunteer umps? Could get very messy if a few big heads realise they can't be reported and go the biff. Who's there to police that? It's different at Junior games because nobody wants their kids in a blue but these are adults

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
The persons umpiring have full authority to card players, send off players etc.. If it gets out of hand, it is up to the leaders of both clubs and Captains to sort it out - If not, it gets called off and they EDFL deal with it during the week as they have created this mess anyway - This is the result of trying to save 50cents.

EK won by 57 points. Escaped by the skin of your teeth Turbo!

I never agreed to his bet so he was safe regardless.

Good game all in all, HS started well with the wind and kicked 6 in the first. EK were a little slow to start. Kept HS to 4 goals over the last 3 quarters if I recall. EK were too strong and quick once they turned it on.

Arrowsmith, caluzzi, laguda all notable 1 pointers out.

Any other game reviews, what did u guys think ?

Long queues for a discussion with Bashen about the well deserved win today.
Looks like nobody wants to talk about any of yesterdays games....... May as well close this thread, nothing to see here

Pretty disappointing, I for one would like to read about the games people attended.

I couldn't be at the footy yesterday and some discussion / reports be good.

Looks like nobody wants to talk about any of yesterdays games....... May as well close this thread, nothing to see here

Pretty disappointing, I for one would like to read about the games people attended.

I couldn't be at the footy yesterday and some discussion / reports be good.
all reports castello was a class above yesterday down at rupertswood kicking 7, played the whole game as a forward

As a Carlton supporter you should know better. Kernahan, Braddles, Dorra, Hunter,Williams etc....
Did not come F.O.C.. Without them we would be a few flags short of where we are.

Home grown talent is great , the best. BUT will not cut the mustard by itself as we all know.
If you want success you must recruit and to recruit you need to spend..........

Cant argue, this is what all successful clubs do .

Keilor and Abbers sh-t clubs????

Grow up and get real.
Hey hero, name me a club in EDFL that’s won a premiership and stayed in the division above that played at 22 points........ I’m waiting....
You going to wait 50 years to get 22 home growns good enough ?
emoji23.png
emoji23.png
emoji23.png
emoji23.png
emoji23.png
🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Like flies to s**t the EK cheerleaders are here to fly the flag.
Haveago, you're clearly of a different vintage than I. All I've witnessed from Carlton is the negative consequences of trying to buy success rather than building a culture, if your argument is built on an AFL side that's been irrelevant for over a quarter of a century please just stop.
Abers and Keilor have actually achieved some degree of success and their supporters aren't the ones jumping on here to pot other clubs.

Bashen, hero? For returning serve on your comments on another club? Soft.
I'm aware that playing on low points will see it difficult for clubs to achieve success but im also not going to sneer at anyone for giving their local young people a chance.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I never agreed to his bet so he was safe regardless.

Good game all in all, HS started well with the wind and kicked 6 in the first. EK were a little slow to start. Kept HS to 4 goals over the last 3 quarters if I recall. EK were too strong and quick once they turned it on.

Arrowsmith, caluzzi, laguda all notable 1 pointers out.

Any other game reviews, what did u guys think ?

if you recall?😂

From our group of spectators that where watching HS cut EK to shreds with their skill, pace and game plan. Clearly only one footy coach out their on the day. Young side that ran out of legs and probably2-3 talls short in their spine was the difference. The young 29 for HS was the unreal to watch and dominated. Watch this space....big brown paper bag coming his way is a worry now. Also that number 14 fir EK was everywhere, solid body looked like he was 40+ and Hill clunked pretty much everything that can his way.

impressed with the young HS side and if they play that style of footy and endeavour each week, they could possibly sneak a finals spot.

if you recall?

From our group of spectators that where watching HS cut EK to shreds with their skill, pace and game plan. Clearly only one footy coach out their on the day. Young side that ran out of legs and probably2-3 talls short in their spine was the difference. The young 29 for HS was the unreal to watch and dominated. Watch this space....big brown paper bag coming his way is a worry now. Also that number 14 fir EK was everywhere, solid body looked like he was 40+ and Hill clunked pretty much everything that can his way.

impressed with the young HS side and if they play that style of footy and endeavour each week, they could possibly sneak a finals spot.

Yes “if I recall” because I posted before the stat line quarters were up on the internet so was going off memory. Which I was right.

You think HS Ran out of legs? In what? the second quarter? when they went scoreless? running out of legs must of been the reason they lost then

Please... u got on the HS hype train cause ek started at 30% against the wind and gave you guys a little bit of hope

"Abers and Keilor have actually achieved some degree of success and their supporters aren't the ones jumping on here to pot other clubs."

I have never potted other clubs...... "Some degree of success???" :think:

And flies to s--t ?," :laughv1: Thats a bit rude. :eek:

Seem to have attracted your attention however . Just not sure if a blowy or a :poo:.

Please... u got on the HS hype train cause ek started at 30% against the wind and gave you guys a little bit of hope

against the wind? One of the rare days there was no wind but nice try. One thing is for sure, EK very talented side but clearly no passion or heart by their team or supporters. We witnessed the only supporters cheering goals where the ex HS players families and even those cheers looked and sounded forced. 😂😂 maybe they need a top up brown paper bag to lift their game. 😂

stop trying to sell a story no one is buying.

if you recall?😂

not sure it was HS running out of legs.

They had a week off to refresh.

from what I’m told EK chose to do recovery on Tuesday and trained only Thurs. It wouldn’t be unreasonable to think that contributed to there slow start.

The coach comment has no basis, can you add anything factual other than a dislike to oppo coach.

Ryan was impressive although Coletta didn’t play tight enough.
Definitely noticed a less reliance on Volpato which is good for the development of other HS players.

Enjoyable game to watch, Rayner was huge, if Stewart is as good as people say, I think he plays as the backup ruck.Add Shaw back in and the points squeeze is on.

not sure it was HS running out of legs.

They had a week off to refresh.

from what I’m told EK chose to do recovery on Tuesday and trained only Thurs. It wouldn’t be unreasonable to think that contributed to there slow start.

The coach comment has no basis, can you add anything factual other than a dislike to oppo coach.

Ryan was impressive although Coletta didn’t play tight enough.
Definitely noticed a less reliance on Volpato which is good for the development of other HS players.

Enjoyable game to watch, Rayner was huge, if Stewart is as good as people say, I think he plays as the backup ruck.Add Shaw back in and the points squeeze is on.

Great unbiased post mate, the previous guy clearly Has no idea just another EK hater. Rayner was excellent, must of been hard seeing him tear up his old club, that’s probably why he’s hating so much.

Pat out coached HS coaches mate. Down by 4 goals 1/4 time then kept them to 4 goals for the rest of the game. Complete shut down of hillside, the blokes coach comments are as silly as his logic.

Stewart is a different beast. No one in this comp will have an answer for him. Will do what he pleases

Anyone get down to tulla and APW that looked like it would of been a cracker of a game

Last edited:
"Abers and Keilor have actually achieved some degree of success and their supporters aren't the ones jumping on here to pot other clubs."

I have never potted other clubs...... "Some degree of success???" :think:

And flies to s--t ?," :laughv1: Thats a bit rude. :eek:

Seem to have attracted your attention however . Just not sure if a blowy or a :poo:.
Given you replied to my comment, yes, the notification from the EK cheerleaders did get my attention.
From your contributions thus far, it's doubtful that anyone is remotely surprised that you can't differentiate between a fly & a turd..

Given you replied to my comment, yes, the notification from the EK cheerleaders did get my attention.
From your contributions thus far, it's doubtful that anyone is remotely surprised that you can't differentiate between a fly & a turd..

If I am a cheerleader then you must be a GURU ?

I see you have your EK potting followers ..... :laughv1: :laughv1: :laughv1:

Oh well , winners are grinners and well done to Lachie Raynor B.O.G. , an outstanding young man .
Looking forward to watching replay :thumbsu::heart:

And again I will tell you I have never potted another EDFL team, not my thing!!!

I try to keep it nice ;)

Can Bashen or Haveago explain how EK are able to stay within the salary cap of 85k? I’m really interested to know how they are doing this within the rules. Given the coach has come from Deer Park I guess is just a big co-incidence.

So my maths isn’t great but at a guess it’s 85000/16 games/22 players = $241 per player... maybe players like Heath and Stewart are happy to play for the club because the culture is so great and are happy to take significant pay cuts??? I don’t know. What is so special about EK- could it be the new club rooms?

Can Bashen or Haveago explain how EK are able to stay within the salary cap of 85k? I’m really interested to know how they are doing this within the rules. Given the coach has come from Deer Park I guess is just a big co-incidence.

So my maths isn’t great but at a guess it’s 85000/16 games/22 players = $241 per player... maybe players like Heath and Stewart are happy to play for the club because the culture is so great and are happy to take significant pay cuts??? I don’t know. What is so special about EK- could it be the new club rooms?
Old and Slow, you can ask the same question of every club in the EDF and not just this year. Take a look at Aberfeldie for example.......CLUB salary cap reduced to 100k. That’s 80k for male and 20k for female at Aberfeldie. They recruit Meese, Faulks, Fahey and they lose Blackwell. You tell me how they stay under the $$$ cap. Same with Keilor. So we can stop highlighting EK, this is an AFL Vic issue.

Isn’t there 18 round games plus finals? Would seem the $241 per player just got a lot less per player.

Isn’t there 18 round games plus finals? Would seem the $241 per player just got a lot less per player.
I thought 2 of those games were byes but I’m sure I’m wrong.
Why do we have a salary cap if it is blatantly being rorted by clubs?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back