EDFL Div 1 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

I think AW could sign 6 or 7 of those types of players and still stay under the 90k cap. It's one of the reasons I thought Roxy was very smart with the recruiting they did.

Worth noting AW played their last game on 27 points too so plenty of room to move there.

Yep my source was correct it seems

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It's been on the books for atleast 6 weeks. Anyway, got some kitchens to install
Problem with Fab is this will be his 5th EDFL club his played at since playing senior footy. His only 28 years old and that’s a lot of clubs just in the EDFL. Plus he played at Sunshine in the WRFL so that’s 6 clubs I know off. It’s almost a different club every year. Yes his a nice kid but he needs to settle at a club but chooses to move all the time. Personally don’t get it..

I'll find out. Young will still be our best paid player.

It's been on the books for atleast 6 weeks. Anyway, got some kitchens to install

I'll find out. Young will still be our best paid player.

100% young will be, there is no way he left greenvale after making TOTY for $200 they would of thrown the kitchen sink at him

I think AW could sign 6 or 7 of those types of players and still stay under the 90k cap. It's one of the reasons I thought Roxy was very smart with the recruiting they did.

Worth noting AW played their last game on 27 points too so plenty of room to move there.
90k is pretty easy to spend just on basic match payments of say $200 a game that already equals 80k, working a Saturday = minimum $450 so there’s no way yo would play for less then half that.
1.How Many players are playing for $200 a game
2.What is the basic match payment these days
3.Points system a whole lot better drop it down another 10 points that will make it more interesting (compensation for clubs with no under 18~5)

90k is pretty easy to spend just on basic match payments of say $200 a game that already equals 80k, working a Saturday = minimum $450 so there’s no way yo would play for less then half that.
3.Points system a whole lot better drop it down another 10 points that will make it more interesting (compensation for clubs with no under 18~5)

That’s not factoring in the bye so $200 a game is actually $70,400

Some blokes that play footy aren’t tradies and can’t work Saturdays anyway so for a bloke to do something they love in playing footy for 100/200 a game compared to for free would still be enticing.

Some blokes that play footy aren’t tradies and can’t work Saturdays anyway so for a bloke to do something they love in playing footy for 100/200 a game compared to for free would still be enticing.

Good post.

I don't know enough of the workings of the salary cap or the twists which go with it, the minimum one gets per game, or how many get $200. But I do know you have fees which can be between 5-600 bucks, apparel, dinners, functions and the like.

I'm against reducing points and especially if you don't have a U18.5 side.

What bye? $90k/18/22 = average $227 per player , per game.

Hey Zinger, this is all good in theory but let’s be totally honest at least 1/2 of the senior lists at ALL clubs would be on more than $150-200. If you play some young ones from 18s you can save $$ plus maybe a few on min $100-150.

Let’s also be upfront and say a few on every list would be getting 700-800. How does that fit into the cap, who knows, but it’s real however the covid lockdown as affected a lot of clubs budgets.

Good post.

I don't know enough of the workings of the salary cap or the twists which go with it, the minimum one gets per game, or how many get $200. But I do know you have fees which can be between 5-600 bucks, apparel, dinners, functions and the like.

I'm against reducing points and especially if you don't have a U18.5 side.
l think reducing points would be great. that would encourage clubs to make sure they have programs and structures to have 18-5 and juniors. i believe no juniors means no future for some clubs . Also remember not everyone plays for money. if you have 22 players playing because they want $$$$ then you dont have a TEAM let alone a club with history or culture.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No compensation for teams that don’t have 18.5’s. Hate clubs who don’t have 18.5’s recruiting (poaching) players from clubs who put many years into developing them to become senior players.

Yes, players move clubs but still think the most successful clubs in most leagues have that strong junior and senior programs.

Just my 2cents worth

No compensation for teams that don’t have 18.5’s. Hate clubs who don’t have 18.5’s recruiting (poaching) players from clubs who put many years into developing them to become senior players.

Yes, players move clubs but still think the most successful clubs in most leagues have that strong junior and senior programs.

Just my 2cents worth
I agree with you however its not easy to get juniors up and thriving . all clubs know how important it is but there a lot of factors to take into account like demographic of the area, volunteers to mention a couple .we need all our clubs to thrive saying that i reckon the poor old jags are doomed

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with you however its not easy to get juniors up and thriving . all clubs know how important it is but there a lot of factors to take into account like demographic of the area, volunteers to mention a couple .we need all our clubs to thrive saying that i reckon the poor old jags are doomed

Let them build from Div 3 and reward clubs with solid structures in place.

My young fella tells me that the awards night is tuesday
Who are Top couple of chances

was a surprise in my div 2 with MV ruckman taking it out

My young fella tells me that the awards night is tuesday
Who are Top couple of chances

was a surprise in my div 2 with MV ruckman taking it out

Who was your tip for div 2? Never know with umpires, feel like the head coaches of both teams should vote (feel the same for brownlows in AFL) but anyway my top 5 picks would be

grabowski
Micallef
Prestia
Lock
Elliot as a dark horse (only because he would of most likely polled most for his team, but they lost games so makes it difficult)

Who was your tip for div 2? Never know with umpires, feel like the head coaches of both teams should vote (feel the same for brownlows in AFL) but anyway my top 5 picks would be

grabowski
Micallef
Prestia
Lock
Elliot as a dark horse (only because he would of most likely polled most for his team, but they lost games so makes it difficult)

I had his teammate padmore to win he destroyed my Saints when we played

fair top 5 bash interested too see everyone else’s top couple picks for the gong

That is correct, finishing up there.

really really is so good for KP if true. Will be a massive boost for them and hopefully can engender some confidence and get them up the ladder, been building for a couple of years. I can recall when they were a bit ofa power house about 10 or so years ago maybe a tad more….

Remove this Banner Ad

Back