EDFL Div 1 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Wasn’t captain mate but was assistant coach. Had a year to go then club found out he had signed at Kyabram whilst in the middle of a contract. What’s worse is he didn’t mentioned that to Kyabram. But look that’s old news.
Wish CB all the best 👍
I’m ok with being corrected, however I believe he was appointed Captain and Playing Assistant Coach.

I’m ok with being corrected, however I believe he was appointed Captain and Playing Assistant Coach.
Not to my knowledge he was captain. That’s all I will say on the matter other than not sure how he would go if he ever stepped foot on Raeburn reserve again. 😩

My apologies if it's already been posted but who have they lost Aucklander?
You'd hope that they're able to consolidate in Div 1 and assemble a squad willing to give Premier a crack should they make it.

Anderson, Middleton, Chircop and Thomas that I remember mate.

Hillsides quality of their latest recruits are worrying. Seen them both play a fair few times.

Third last for sharks above Sunbury and rupo I think.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Hillsides quality of their latest recruits are worrying. Seen them both play a fair few times.

Lol, that’s not what your ex ek coach said on one of the posts.

The other one played 8 games in Wrfl div 1, young tall is exactly what HS needed.

Lol, that’s not what your ex ek coach said on one of the posts.

The other one played 8 games in Wrfl div 1, young tall is exactly what HS needed.

So? That’s his opinion this is mine. I’ve Seen them both play enough. Will see who is right, they will not set the house on fire put it that way.

Of course they won’t. So one is 21-22 and the other 18.🤦‍♂️

I know that..... hence my comment, hence why I said bottom 3 🤦‍♂️ are you alright or what, or you missing screws?

What’s the point of your reply to my original comment.

I know that..... hence my comment, hence why I said bottom 3 🤦‍♂️ are you alright or what, or you missing screws?

I agree I think they finish bottom 3-4, unless they recruit some older more seasoned players. Will judge after all recruits are revealed.

My comment was you judging kids ability to play at the level, when 1 is 18 and never played seniors and the other is a tall who played 8 senior games at a higher level than he will play next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They have another good recruit a young kid who played EDFL premier last year when not playing TAC cup. This recruit should go very well. And his a 1 pointer I believe as played juniors at HS some years ago. Stay tuned.

I agree I think they finish bottom 3-4, unless they recruit some older more seasoned players. Will judge after all recruits are revealed.

My comment was you judging kids ability to play at the level, when 1 is 18 and never played seniors and the other is a tall who played 8 senior games at a higher level than he will play next year.

Think you misinterpreted my message. Never once did I knock the kids and I never would knock a kid.

I said hillsides recruitment is questionable (if their aim is to play finals and be competitive is what I was implying ).

If their aim is to recruit decent kids and try develop them then ok good job.

But I assume they are aspiring to play finals and finish higher then last year. Like every club.

Rupo to be relegated Bash ??

Rupo or Sunbury is my tip. Hillside and MV to round out bottom 4

Need to see all the recruits first I think mate. So far it's all the front runners doing the talking.

I wholeheartedly agree here. Hillside recruiting a lot of younger players which is a great platform to launch from however I think they need to recruit a decent experienced playing assistant to lead them forward. Even just 1 would suffice but he must have decent playing history. Let’s say they had someone like Bongetti from EK or Cravino from Avondale or Galea from Keilor or even say Riemers from Abers. That’s the missing piece and has been for 4-5 years at Hillside. That’s the way forward IMO. Some experience leadership out on the ground. Someone these youngsters can look up to and guide them to success.
The only other option would be to spend 40-50k and head hunt a high profile coach.

I wholeheartedly agree here. Hillside recruiting a lot of younger players which is a great platform to launch from however I think they need to recruit a decent experienced playing assistant to lead them forward. Even just 1 would suffice but he must have decent playing history. Let’s say they had someone like Bongetti from EK or Cravino from Avondale or Galea from Keilor or even say Riemers from Abers. That’s the missing piece and has been for 4-5 years at Hillside. That’s the way forward IMO. Some experience leadership out on the ground. Someone these youngsters can look up to and guide them to success.
The only other option would be to spend 40-50k and head hunt a high profile coach.

Agree with a good playing assistant as well as 2-3 very experienced players to help, maybe one in every section of the field (backline, forward and mid) 1 playing assistant can’t do it all but it is a step in the right direction

Agree with a good playing assistant as well as 2-3 very experienced players to help, maybe one in every section of the field (backline, forward and mid) 1 playing assistant can’t do it all but it is a step in the right direction

I don’t disagree however if you were to get say 3 they would need to be in the age bracket of 28-31max to be able to play premier footy for at least a couple of years if they went up. And let’s remember if you could snag 3 decent ones at 1000 a game that’s roughly 48k.
2 points:
1- That’s 1/2 your salary cap!
2- If they are guns there is a high possibility they might want more than 1000.

It’s really not possible to do under the current salary cap guidelines. So even 1 would suffice on say 1200-1400.

I think building with youth is the only way forward under the current guidelines. If things pick up in a few years and the cap increases you have the platform of 20-24 year olds to put together a decent list for premier.

I don’t disagree however if you were to get say 3 they would need to be in the age bracket of 28-31max to be able to play premier footy for at least a couple of years if they went up. And let’s remember if you could snag 3 decent ones at 1000 a game that’s roughly 48k.
2 points:
1- That’s 1/2 your salary cap!
2- If they are guns there is a high possibility they might want more than 1000.

It’s really not possible to do under the current salary cap guidelines. So even 1 would suffice on say 1200-1400.

I think building with youth is the only way forward under the current guidelines. If things pick up in a few years and the cap increases you have the platform of 20-24 year olds to put together a decent list for premier.

Not possible under the current salary cap guidelines.... East Keilor did it!!!! please explain that Turbo?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back