EDFL Div 1 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t disagree however if you were to get say 3 they would need to be in the age bracket of 28-31max to be able to play premier footy for at least a couple of years if they went up. And let’s remember if you could snag 3 decent ones at 1000 a game that’s roughly 48k.
2 points:
1- That’s 1/2 your salary cap!
2- If they are guns there is a high possibility they might want more than 1000.

It’s really not possible to do under the current salary cap guidelines. So even 1 would suffice on say 1200-1400.

I think building with youth is the only way forward under the current guidelines. If things pick up in a few years and the cap increases you have the platform of 20-24 year olds to put together a decent list for premier.

I think you will find with what’s been going on in the world a lot of players expectations of pay have significantly dropped. If they can loose hours and pay at work they can definitely loose it at footy.

Hard part is finding them I guess

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I think you will find with what’s been going on in the world a lot of players expectations of pay have significantly dropped. If they can loose hours and pay at work they can definitely loose it at footy.

Hard part is finding them I guess

Actually it’s the opposite if we are talking recruiting players as with people struggling they want to make up with footy wages. However you will find a lot of players recruited prior to 2020 are staying put as they haven’t yet played a full season. I do respect that.

Players who are entrenched at clubs for 3 plus years might be willing to take less due to the current climate which is bloody awesome but recruits are gained mostly on the back of the higher offer.

Actually it’s the opposite if we are talking recruiting players as with people struggling they want to make up with footy wages. However you will find a lot of players recruited prior to 2020 are staying put as they haven’t yet played a full season. I do respect that.

Players who are entrenched at clubs for 3 plus years might be willing to take less due to the current climate which is bloody awesome but recruits are gained mostly on the back of the higher offer.

Guess it can go both ways, like I said hard part is finding the players.

Ps Age is just a number...

Not gunna say look at Ronaldo.

But will say look at Boomer or his brother. Still dominant. Healthy and thriving!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stewart leaving from a guaranteed premiership with Wallan! Money talks these days!

Definitely money talking with this one. He was quoted by a work colleague saying he was at Wallan for 2021 to win a flag then was going to sign at Craigieburn to play with mates. So well done Rupo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely money talking with this one. He was quoted by a work colleague saying he was at Wallan for 2021 to win a flag then was going to sign at Craigieburn to play with mates. So well done Rupo.

He has been at Wallan for 6 years, that’s good service to a football club these days. If he is now getting rewarded with a bit of money good luck to him.

List full of talented young players, many who have benefited from senior exposure in 2021. A core of experienced senior leaders. 3 good midfield additions so far this off season. Rupo will be competitive in most games and may just claim a scalp or 2 in 2021.
Do you think rupo should of started in div2?

100% edfl rated the league they came from far too highly, really that league quality is horrible.

I have seen nfl all divisions and think rupo would of won div3 flag in first year or 2. Definitely would not make top 4 in div2 northern don’t really no comparison from div 3 northern to div 2 edfl as have seen bugger all of edfl div 2 to judge if they would of challenged for premiers

I wholeheartedly agree here. Hillside recruiting a lot of younger players which is a great platform to launch from however I think they need to recruit a decent experienced playing assistant to lead them forward. Even just 1 would suffice but he must have decent playing history. Let’s say they had someone like Bongetti from EK or Cravino from Avondale or Galea from Keilor or even say Riemers from Abers. That’s the missing piece and has been for 4-5 years at Hillside. That’s the way forward IMO. Some experience leadership out on the ground. Someone these youngsters can look up to and guide them to success.
The only other option would be to spend 40-50k and head hunt a high profile coach.
Do you think rupo should of started in div2?

Probably couldn’t predict that they were going to lose so many players. Hard call to make, if they can stay in Div 1 for multiple years then I think it’s the right call. Good junior program in terms of numbers (2 Teams in every age group).
Quality might not be great coming from a weaker league. U18’s were ordinary but at least they had a team.
Think they can be a good Div 1 club though and have potential to break into premier within 5 years based on juniors coming through.

I have seen nfl all divisions and think rupo would of won div3 flag in first year or 2. Definitely would not make top 4 in div2 northern don’t really no comparison from div 3 northern to div 2 edfl as have seen bugger all of edfl div 2 to judge if they would of challenged for premiers
Rupertswood would not even win div 3 nfnl.. laurimar South morang miles ahead...absolute miles

100% edfl rated the league they came from far too highly, really that league quality is horrible.

Look they put Sunbury Kangaroos into div2 and they were far to good and Rupo were rated well above Sunbury Kangaroos in the Riddell league at that stage hence why they put them directly into div1. Plus they won the Riddell premiership before coming over so it was the right decision by the EDFL 💯

Remove this Banner Ad

Back