EDFL Div 1 Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Gremlin77

Club Legend
May 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
You will need a crane. Yep I was wrong. But I’ve never taken them seriously in this division. So talking top spot is ambitious
Won a final this season, a young list with a lot of pace and talent. Now that they have added some serious experience in Castello, Fort and Nat, as well as what they bring to a game style and teaching, it’s hardly ambitious to predict they can challenge the top spot.

Earlier poster suggested 4 teams currently ahead of the rest, I agree. Sharks, Marby, West Coburg & St.Albans all have improved significantly post season. Unless we see an influx of players somewhere the 5th position might be a great battle between C’Burn, Roxy, Tulla and maybe Moonee Valley with some luck. Tulla and CB probably recruited the best of this group but both coming from a way back.

Executioner

Team Captain
Jul 28, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Won a final this season, a young list with a lot of pace and talent. Now that they have added some serious experience in Castello, Fort and Nat, as well as what they bring to a game style and teaching, it’s hardly ambitious to predict they can challenge the top spot.

Earlier poster suggested 4 teams currently ahead of the rest, I agree. Sharks, Marby, West Coburg & St.Albans all have improved significantly post season. Unless we see an influx of players somewhere the 5th position might be a great battle between C’Burn, Roxy, Tulla and maybe Moonee Valley with some luck. Tulla and CB probably recruited the best of this group but both coming from a way back.
Someone on here also mentioned Cavka to be announced for HS if true then must be seriously talked about a top 2 finish. Time will tell.

stroketurboego

Senior List
Sep 17, 2021
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
That was known WELL before Ross was even announced. Was done before the season ended. Go grind your axe elsewhere

On SM-N985F using BigFooty.com mobile app

All good (might need a chill pill prescription)

I posted a few days back that I wasn’t aware of them leaving…. So put 2 and 2 together and got Terranova! If they were leaving before his announcement, then I’ll put my grinder away and move on…

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

HELLSBELLS

Club Legend
Jun 18, 2007
VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bayern Munich
Hillside have already recruited enough IMO to have a serious crack at promotion. Cavka will be a bonus if he comes. Depth is great, so in a very good spot.
IMG_6153.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Turbos mail

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 15, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yep. Clearly having a go at promotion in 2024 and are spending big to do it.
Spending big?? Yeah not sure as usually the “big” coin is associated with ex AFL or VFL players. Yes they will be getting good coin but “big” $$ I’m not sure. Castello predominantly doesn’t chase the coin but being assistant would be on decent coin. I’m sure I will field responses but post VFL and Marby his gone to clubs where his close friends are and giving back to the game that gave him a lot. He also knew people at Marby also.. Not sure his money driven as know for a fact he rejected much bigger offers elsewhere ( some double) over the years. Caruso boys were very loyal servants to Greenvale over a number of years. Cavka well whatever he gets his well worth it. Elite player and once again something that Hillside have needed is that quality and knowledge. His potentially a match winner in finals.

Anyway imo very astute recruiting and well done to the club. Appointment of 2 football managers in a co role is serving them well up to this point.

May 3, 2003
Warriorville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NZ Warriors, Wallan FNC
Spending big?? Yeah not sure as usually the “big” coin is associated with ex AFL or VFL players. Yes they will be getting good coin but “big” $$ I’m not sure. Castello predominantly doesn’t chase the coin but being assistant would be on decent coin. I’m sure I will field responses but post VFL and Marby his gone to clubs where his close friends are and giving back to the game that gave him a lot. He also knew people at Marby also.. Not sure his money driven as know for a fact he rejected much bigger offers elsewhere ( some double) over the years. Caruso boys were very loyal servants to Greenvale over a number of years. Cavka well whatever he gets his well worth it. Elite player and once again something that Hillside have needed is that quality and knowledge. His potentially a match winner in finals.

Anyway imo very astute recruiting and well done to the club. Appointment of 2 football managers in a co role is serving them well up to this point.

Big in B grade is 8-1k plus a game. Most would think 3 of them would be on that. It's cool. The cap has gone up so why not spend a bit more if you have it. It's not like Hillside are known for it and nothing wrong with getting better which they clearly have.

Let's be honest here though mate, if it was any other club you'd be saying the same thing.

Gremlin77

Club Legend
May 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon

St Albans recruit good players = huge cash offers / Hillside recruit good players = play for love. Turbo logic!

Cavka wouldn’t tie his laces for less than $1k a game, Castello DOES command big money and the Caruso’s if the number is correct floating around are the big ticket recruits!

4 very good players regardless and Hillside right in it with luck now, but spare me the Bs turbo FFS

Executioner

Team Captain
Jul 28, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
St Albans recruit good players = huge cash offers / Hillside recruit good players = play for love. Turbo logic!

Cavka wouldn’t tie his laces for less than $1k a game, Castello DOES command big money and the Caruso’s if the number is correct floating around are the big ticket recruits!

4 very good players regardless and Hillside right in it with luck now, but spare me the Bs turbo FFS
Coletta will be the highest paid in Div 1 next season. Cavka less go figure. Your logic doesn’t make sense.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back