EDFL Div 1 Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

KPs two recruits gone
President gone

Is another year in recess on the cards?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

What a great example Tullamarine are a a div 1 club they worked hard on and off the field the executive are very compedant in the direction the club is heading , nothing less than a premier league club.
The brand new club rooms and other improved facilities are second to none they will finish in the top 4 with aspirations of making the grand final in 2024
Oh yeah. Inspirational the way they treated Chappie the assistant coach
Incredible how the old President Labbad conducts himself. And let’s not start on the new President who has been and more clubs than his brother in law.
Ask the EDFL about the conduct of their supporters. Open your eyes.

Oh yeah. Inspirational the way they treated Chappie the assistant coach
Incredible how the old President Labbad conducts himself. And let’s not start on the new President who has been and more clubs than his brother in law.
Ask the EDFL about the conduct of their supporters. Open your eyes.
Amen. Don’t forget they permitted a known thief on their coaching staff for a number of years.

26 players from Westmeadows so far asked for clearance. Most 2nds and 18s but as of today 13 of Westmeadows senior players gone.
Church will be added to that, will be at East Sunbury.
Initially the club was not happy about losing so many of its senior players as contracted but as I've been informed they will be released for $5k each helping to bring a debt of $70k right down is this even possible or legal. The remaining 11 snr players that played in finals series last year and are staying have been told they just won't be receiving payments that are owed.
They have managed to get 3 big key players to the club as everyone knows and Mo is still active behind the scenes and is arranging for vfl players that are not picked for Richmond vfl to play for Westy will this eventuate I just don't know if or how.
While the current committee may be happy to be getting the debt down you have to wonder of the integrity of their actions why would anyone want to stay or for that matter go there when you cannot be guaranteed of them keeping there commitments, very poor form and they should hang there heads in shame.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

W
26 players from Westmeadows so far asked for clearance. Most 2nds and 18s but as of today 13 of Westmeadows senior players gone.
Initially the club was not happy about losing so many of its senior players as contracted but as I've been informed they will be released for $5k each helping to bring a debt of $70k right down is this even possible or legal. The remaining 11 snr players that played in finals series last year and are staying have been told they just won't be receiving payments that are owed.
They have managed to get 3 big key players to the club as everyone knows and Mo is still active behind the scenes and is arranging for vfl players that are not picked for Richmond vfl to play for Westy will this eventuate I just don't know if or how.
While the current committee may be happy to be getting the debt down you have to wonder of the integrity of their actions why would anyone want to stay or for that matter go there when you cannot be guaranteed of them keeping there commitments, very poor form and they should hang there heads in shame.

Why would a club offer Westmeadows any money for players ?

I thought that as well but that's what I've been told everything alse adds up so im assuming this is accurate

Well they could try but I doubt any club is silly enough to fall for it. Unless a player is contracted the only reason you can knock back a clearance is over property/money owed to the club, which would be laughable!

I thought that as well but that's what I've been told everything alse adds up so im assuming this is accurate

Operating under the assumption that everything stated in this thread is true.
In what world can they enforce terms that they themselves have breached?
You'd imagine that it's either a very brave or very stupid move, dependent on how it plays out.

Highly highly doubt Richmond vfl will want multiple players playing div1 football in their off weeks over prem

Well they could try but I doubt any club is silly enough to fall for it. Unless a player is contracted the only reason you can knock back a clearance is over property/money owed to the club, which would be laughable!

Agree, however bylaw does state max 2 players per age group to same club, unless departing club agrees. So whilst they (WM) May be in breach of contracts (unpaid players)
They could well be in their right to ask for $$ if multiple players (3 or more )want to depart to same club.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree, however bylaw does state max 2 players per age group to same club, unless departing club agrees. So whilst they (WM) May be in breach of contracts (unpaid players)
They could well be in their right to ask for $$ if multiple players (3 or more )want to depart to same club.

That excludes any movement to outside leagues.

Funniest post of the year and thats saying something considering Bashen and Turbo are in this thread. Why on earth would any club pay $5000 for any WM players when there is not 1 single player in Div 1 worth that much? You would also assume VFL players would be after a bit of money which WM would not be able to afford. You seem to know a bit about westy so any idea on where it all went wrong? Seemed like they were building pretty well with se signing coach and a few players, and then it all went downhill very quickly.

Highly doubt Mo has any pull to bring surplus players from Richmond to WM, laughable really, But you can only report on what you hear!

Highly doubt Mo has any pull to bring surplus players from Richmond to WM, laughable really, But you can only report on what you hear!

I also doubt Mo Kak has any interest in Westmeadows going forward. Likely wasn’t paid, all his close mates have left and he has a full plate with VFL and Bachar Houli Academy.

Does anyone know what is going on down at Roxy ? At the end of last year they announced all these new recruits & they have only put in two clearances . Carroll from Sunbury & another one from east Sunbury. I know the one’s they put up from craigieburn have all decided to stay at craigieburn. I’m just wondering if that he the case with the rest of them.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Season 2023 in this division seems like an absolute mess…

Deer Park taking the Pi$$.

WM seem to be on their knees.
Glenroy seem to be on their knees no recruits and heavily lost players.
KP have only lost players coming up to this division.
Moonee Valley - where are they?

Could be a season where the top half the Division 2 clubs could beat the bottom half of Division 1.

Also RE Westmeadows debt- if players haven’t been paid for 2 years what happened after year 1 when they weren’t paid? Something doesn’t add up. A 5k release fee per player is also nonsense.

Fabian brancatisano leaving Keilor Park and going back to Sunshine.

This is what happens when clubs announce sign on players in OCT/NOV and roll them out in the new gear until clearances open - Quite embarrassing actually and happens quite often - KP coming straight back down- will finish in bottom 2 and will lose a lot more players in the second half of the season in addition to a lot of players not coming back for the start.

Season 2023 in this division seems like an absolute mess…

Deer Park taking the Pi$$.

WM seem to be on their knees.
Glenroy seem to be on their knees no recruits and heavily lost players.
KP have only lost players coming up to this division.
Moonee Valley - where are they?

Could be a season where the top half the Division 2 clubs could beat the bottom half of Division 1.

Also RE Westmeadows debt- if players haven’t been paid for 2 years what happened after year 1 when they weren’t paid? Something doesn’t add up. A 5k release fee per player is also nonsense.

Agreed, Id say players that haven't been payed their contractual money can leave freely as the contract has been breached.

This is what happens when clubs announce sign on players in OCT/NOV and roll them out in the new gear until clearances open - Quite embarrassing actually and happens quite often - KP coming straight back down- will finish in bottom 2 and will lose a lot more players in the second half of the season in addition to a lot of players not coming back for the start.
And how do you know this information?
Fab has always been unreliable and known to change clubs every year. Cavka is a gun and should be playing premier. Not sure they have any other losses and announced a few that will be senior players. Their side last year was reasonable so think they should be ok. A few other clubs appear to be in a worse position.
Plus need to be careful with your spending as it’s a dead year really. Deer Park won’t lose a game and no one will get within 40 points of them. Dominate ruckman and some absolute star mids that would be comparable to premier midfielders in all honesty.

And how do you know this information?
Fab has always been unreliable and known to change clubs every year. Cavka is a gun and should be playing premier. Not sure they have any other losses and announced a few that will be senior players. Their side last year was reasonable so think they should be ok. A few other clubs appear to be in a worse position.
Plus need to be careful with your spending as it’s a dead year really. Deer Park won’t lose a game and no one will get within 40 points of them. Dominate ruckman and some absolute star mids that would be comparable to premier midfielders in all honesty.
Well.. Lets revisit these comments about round 9-10 and see who is on the money. Its always easier when things are going well and your winning in division 2 - But, when your losing, everyone around the club becomes an expert with their opinions of what they think should happen and the knives will come out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back