EDFL Div 2 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe you lit the fire from April 19 local.
how would that post light a fire it was just an observation from a far as everyone was tipping CD to be a monty for the GF this season and from past experience's as a player if you had a bad loss on saturday we would get a hard session on the Tuesday night

Went out to roxy to watch Roxy and burnside yesterday
Not a bad game of footy
Numbers 7 and 2 for Roxy were really good in the midfield and 6 and 16 just done as they liked down back
Burnside number 8 and 36 kept the score respectable and the big fella upforward was kept quiet
One thing I did noticed from tbe burnside bench is some terrible remarks being thrown around by supporters I know it's footy but had never ever heard a lot of these things said to anyone in the field before also lots of cheap ones being thrown around by both sides

Not a bad game of footy
Numbers 7 and 2 for Roxy were really good in the midfield and 6 and 16 just done as they liked down back
Burnside number 8 and 36 kept the score respectable and the big fella upforward was kept quiet
One thing I did noticed from tbe burnside bench is some terrible remarks being thrown around by supporters I know it's footy but had never ever heard a lot of these things said to anyone in the field before also lots of cheap ones being thrown around by both sides

Telling the Roxy players the should have been an abortion two years in a row!
Firstly get some new material
Secondly all for the banter but think that’s taking it a step to far.
Then to not come over after to buy a beer or mingle after the game. Really need a culture change down there

Then to not come over after to buy a beer or mingle after the game. Really need a culture change down there
Can't polish a turd

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

What happened to players/officials staying back for a drink after the game? Not one burnside person yesterday..
They did the same at MV so it least it's not a personal thing to one club. Disappointing to hear about that so-called 'banter' though. I'd be ashamed if I was a Roxy player or supporter. No need for that.

They were putrid last year when they came and putrid again this year. Didn't clean the visitors rooms after the game and left it like a s**t hole I'm also hearing . Get better BH....going nowhere with attitudes like that

It does strike me as a little strange that Roxburgh Park should complain about supporters from the opposition.
Especially when the club goes out and recruits a player with one of the worst records in metro footy.
If your club wants to get better on and off field , how can you justify the recruiting of players that are washed up and realistically offer no future to a club that should be a lot better than it is?
Maybe time to clean up your own backyard.

It does strike me as a little strange that Roxburgh Park should complain about supporters from the opposition.
Especially when the club goes out and recruits a player with one of the worst records in metro footy.
If your club wants to get better on and off field , how can you justify the recruiting of players that are washed up and realistically offer no future to a club that should be a lot better than it is?
Maybe time to clean up your own backyard.
Two different topics..
Roxy has always made a habit of staying back and buying a drink from the home club since Paul Derrick times. It’s what helps keep people coming down to watch local footy. Mingling with the players etc.
Says a lot about a club that bring their own alcohol and don’t come in after a game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not a bad game of footy

There would never be derogatory comments from RP (or any other sides) supporters. Just BH. Not good, but it is always a 2 way street.

They were putrid last year when they came and putrid again this year. Didn't clean the visitors rooms after the game and left it like a s**t hole I'm also hearing . Get better BH....going nowhere with attitudes like that

According to the BH players the rooms were left as they found them when their 19’s arrived. They did clean the welcome spew at the door step though. As for poor comments there were plenty coming from behind the goals too and there were mainly black and white supporters there.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

3 big games this week with haddy having the bye...
Burnside to beat northern.
(Few rumours regarding players not happy with coach?)
East to beat coburg.
(M Vesnaver looks a handful up forward)
Roxy to end Valley streak.
Game of the round I think.

According to the BH players the rooms were left as they found them when their 19’s arrived. They did clean the welcome spew at the door step though. As for poor comments there were plenty coming from behind the goals too and there were mainly black and white supporters there.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
TO be fair to BH were are they suppose to go? there is no clubs rooms down at Roxy ATM weather was not the best and I would not want to stay back and "have a drink" with a bunch of people who have been hurling abuse from behind the goals all day roxy supporters/players are no angels either

TO be fair to BH were are they suppose to go? there is no clubs rooms down at Roxy ATM weather was not the best and I would not want to stay back and "have a drink" with a bunch of people who have been hurling abuse from behind the goals all day roxy supporters/players are no angels either

Unfortunately all clubs have people that will hurl abuse over the fence. Haven’t played against a club that hasn’t.. but to not come have chat or buy a drink is poor. Yes no club rooms but still a canteen/bar. Win or lose have a froff

Went to catch the last half of CD vs. NS on the weekend.

CD ruckman dominated play. M.Vesnaver looked potent whenever the ball was in his area. Scores were close at half time but CD made NS look second rate from the first bounce after half time.

Any reasons why L.Vesnaver and Dimevski played twos? Discipline reasons after the loss to Burnside? Tankard setting an example?

Seems as though Roxy v MV was a ripper
Anyone there that can give us a report on the game who played well etc
I was at cole reserve districts were too good early but looked like a different side in the 2nd half and ES really lifted

Seems as though Roxy v MV was a ripper
Anyone there that can give us a report on the game who played well etc
I was at cole reserve districts were too good early but looked like a different side in the 2nd half and ES really lifted

Was there Start Again, a great game of football, hard and tuff played in great spirits.
Roxy was the dominant side up until half time. Then Moonee Valley hit back hard in the third keeping Roxy scoreless I think.
Last qtr was a beauty, Moonee Valley kicked the first two to take the lead and I was convinced they would just run over the top of Roxy for a convincing win.
But Roxy came back at them with Saad kicking the winning goal with about a minute to go.
Was impressed with some of the younger Roxy players who I had never seen before, made them look much quicker around the ground than they have been.

MV always knew this game was going to be tough especially with the number of changes to its side; some medically necessary and a few for other reasons but the goal was to at least provide a good contest. The first half looked to be dismal if you were a Fog supporter but wow what a turnaround in the second and other than a few rather ‘eager’ fans on both sides, the whole day was just brilliant. Roxy cops a lot of flack for various reasons - maybe some valid, who knows- but if I was a parent or even just a supporter of any of those numerous players who stuck around in the MV makeshift club rooms for a considerable amount of time after the game despite having their own ball to go to Saturday night I’d be very happy to call them one of my own. They were all class, well-mannered and did themselves and their club proud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back