EDFL Div 2 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Im off to the footy now. Carn the pies! Congrats to Roxy and commiseration to Easts. I didnt see the game by heard the last quarter the rain was coming insideways.
AuckMel, he didn't want any money I'm told, and put money back into the club and has been treated poorly by people who run the club and should know better. How can the club try and get a good name when sh%t like this happens. The same few people had issues with last years coach. As a senior club, Northern have gone backwards both on and off the field after a couple of really positive years. We need some good people back simple as that.

I’ll have a go at the team

B- Grant mcswain blackley
Hb- ??? mackinnon m.Farrelly
C- allouche McGrath m.gray
Hf- M.vesnaver taleb ogilvie
F- Ferraro covelli capuano
R- Ferris padmore/Wilson Cree

I/C- Short mcgill bernacki aitken

AuckMel, he didn't want any money I'm told, and put money back into the club and has been treated poorly by people who run the club and should know better. How can the club try and get a good name when sh%t like this happens. The same few people had issues with last years coach. As a senior club, Northern have gone backwards both on and off the field after a couple of really positive years. We need some good people back simple as that.
Incorrect, Northern have actually gone forward;1 they won 2 junior grand finals. won 2 best in the comp and the under 19's were runners up. Furthermore, no junior players were found guilty at the tribunal this year (under 17 and below). With the talent they've got Northern didn't go backwards.( Please be careful about using the term 'I'm told' You either know it or you don't).

Last edited:
Incorrect, Northern have actually gone forward;1 they won 2 junior grand finals. won 2 best in the comp and the under 19's were runners up. Furthermore, no junior players were found guilty at the tribunal this year (under 17 and below). With the talent they've got Northern didn't go backwards.( Please be careful about using the term 'I'm told' You either no it or you don't).
The Under 19's are counted as part of the senior club. With limited resources Northern Saints have made huge steps off the ground such as its successful junior and girl's program and the seniors finishing 3rd (the same as last year). Factually, the senior club has not gone backwards on the field and, off the field the club is making good progress.

I’ll have a go at the team

B- Grant mcswain blackley
Hb- ??? mackinnon m.Farrelly
C- allouche McGrath m.gray
Hf- M.vesnaver taleb ogilvie
F- Ferraro covelli capuano
R- Ferris padmore/Wilson Cree

I/C- Short mcgill bernacki aitken

No idea how the league intend to announce the team, but happy to announce sporadically over the coming days.

Incorrect, Northern have actually gone forward;1 they won 2 junior grand finals. won 2 best in the comp and the under 19's were runners up. Furthermore, no junior players were found guilty at the tribunal this year (under 17 and below). With the talent they've got Northern didn't go backwards.( Please be careful about using the term 'I'm told' You either know it or you don't).

I’m pretty sure I know. No beef with the juniors Kaboose, I’ve stated that. Seniors should have won gone up to div 1 this year with the talent it had, but when I think about it, probably not in a position to go up, especially when I hear club hasn’t any money or sponsors. Am I wrong? I don’t really want to rag on the club, my beef is with some decisions that are made that put the club in a poor position. They won the flag in u17’s in 2016, seniors lost the prelim in 2017 to the premier with a young list. 2018 no u17’s, u19’s had 3 kids do a preseason after losing a ton of them, but happened to get a team up for the first game from players from other clubs. I commend the club on getting it up, but what happened in such a short space of time. So yeah, I think from a senior perspective club has gone backwards. I’ll give you this. The senior club didn’t get any better did it in 2018. If you are concerned about me mentioning the u17’s, well those kids within a short period of time become senior players, so they have an impact on the senior club at some point. The club did manage to get the scoreboard so I’ll give you that, it’s a beauty, one of the better ones in the league, so hopefully they can leverage of it and get some sponsors who might want to be promoted. By the way, I’m glad no juniors were reported i think I posted some time ago that fact back in 2017 which included seniors

I’m pretty sure I know. No beef with the juniors Kaboose, I’ve stated that. Seniors should have won gone up to div 1 this year with the talent it had, but when I think about it, probably not in a position to go up, especially when I hear club hasn’t any money or sponsors. Am I wrong? I don’t really want to rag on the club, my beef is with some decisions that are made that put the club in a poor position. They won the flag in u17’s in 2016, seniors lost the prelim in 2017 to the premier with a young list. 2018 no u17’s, u19’s had 3 kids do a preseason after losing a ton of them, but happened to get a team up for the first game from players from other clubs. I commend the club on getting it up, but what happened in such a short space of time. So yeah, I think from a senior perspective club has gone backwards. I’ll give you this. The senior club didn’t get any better did it in 2018. If you are concerned about me mentioning the u17’s, well those kids within a short period of time become senior players, so they have an impact on the senior club at some point. The club did manage to get the scoreboard so I’ll give you that, it’s a beauty, one of the better ones in the league, so hopefully they can leverage of it and get some sponsors who might want to be promoted. By the way, I’m glad no juniors were reported i think I posted some time ago that fact back in 2017 which included seniors

Why dont you jump on the committee and help out then mate?

2018 EDFL Div 2 Team of the Year

Backs: KJ Gnanapragasam (RP) Jake McSwain (NS) Justin Blackley (CD)

Half backs: Anthony Fawcus (BH) Jack Elliott (RP) Michael Farrelly (RP)

What decisions did the club make that were so terrible? Many clubs fold when they lose so many under 19 players. Under the circumstances, to get a competitive Under 19 team up and running in the time it did, did not just happen. It took a lot of work and resilience by the coach and committee. Furthermore, this year's under 19 team has been the most disciplined since Northern Saints began because of the good leadership and healthy culture.
The seniors finished in the same position as last year so it did not go backwards. In fact, Northern defeated every team this year. However, this team was hit with an extraordinary rush of injuries to key players at the wrong time of the year.
As with many clubs there are a few people doing the work. If you don't want to 'rag' the club contact the club directly with your suggestions and not air your opinions on social media. You don't have to join any committee but email the the club through the Contact The Club page on its website.

Last edited:

Releasing the team at 4:30..
Is it true the captain isn’t even a captain of a side this year?

What decisions did the club make that were so terrible? Many clubs folded when they lost so many under 19 players. Under the circumstances, to get a competitive Under 19 team up and running in the time it did not just happen. It took a lot of work and resilience by the coach and committee. Furthermore, this year's under 19 team has been the most disciplined since Northern Saints began so they had good leadership and a healthy culture.
The seniors finished in the same position as last year so it did not go backwards. In fact, Northern defeated every team this year. However, this team was hit with an extraordinary rush of injuries to key players at the wrong time of the year.
As with many clubs there are a few people doing the work. If you don't want to 'rag' the club contact the club directly with your suggestions and not air your opinions on social media. You don't have to join any committee but email the the club through the Contact The Club page on its website.

Your coach is about to be named coach of the year and you haven’t signed him on for next year, instead have let the playing group dictate who they want and have shafted him?

I’m too old now mate, with grand kids to worry about, And I’ve supported the club financially as a sponsor for years, I had my time doing that in the 80’s/90’s. Start looking at some younger folks.
Well I am on the committee mate and I can promise you that everyone else on the committee general and executive are doing their best for the club...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Centres: Bilal Allouche (NS) Cory McGrath (MV) Tamer Abdallah (NS)

Half forwards: Matt Vesnaver (CD) Khodr Taleb (NS) Tom Cree (ES)

Forwards: Rocky Ferraro (NS) Josh Covelli (BH) Luke Capuano (RP)

Rucks: Ferras Merhi (RP) Braden Padmore (MV) Kamen Ogilvie (ES)

Interchange: Harley Short (RP) Luke Vesnaver (CD) Tom Lucin (CD) Lucas Shaw (ES)

Captain and coach to be announced at Thursday's EDFL Presentation.

Last edited:
Did you happen to catch it?
Give us some names?
It would be pretty ordinary if the coach was also given the heave ho from his club. Felicity of Fawkner tells me much of his, I'd imagine minimal, wage went back into the club. Love the Sainters, but seriously hope they put they don't take one or two steps backwards after a couple of really good years.
I must not be as sociable as I think. I have been at the club for at least 5 years and have never met her.

Releasing the team at 4:30..
Is it true the captain isn’t even a captain of a side this year?

Your coach is about to be named coach of the year and you haven’t signed him on for next year, instead have let the playing group dictate who they want and have shafted him?
Unless you're on the committee how would you know this. Please don't spread rumours unless you can prove this.

Last edited:
Well I am on the committee mate and I can promise you that everyone else on the committee general and executive are doing their best for the club...

I don’t doubt that people are trying. I question if that is good enough. I’m hearing the senior coach doesn’t know if he is senior coach even after the club presentation Saturday. I’m sure the committee could do better than that, or am I wrong?

I don’t doubt that people are trying. I question if that is good enough. I’m hearing the senior coach doesn’t know if he is senior coach even after the club presentation Saturday. I’m sure the committee could do better than that, or am I wrong?

Good enough? The people on the committee are the ones willing to work for the club donate their time for little to no reward... who else is going to do it? Fact of the matter is that too much is asked of too few which I’m sure would be the case at most clubs

New president is about to start.. would assume it will be his decision

You do seem to know everything that happens at the club so you’ll know who that is... I think he will be able to reinvigorate the club/committee enticing new committee members to jump on board

What did we think of the side

I think it's not far off the mark and well done to those that settled on the side for picking most players in a position as if they were going to play an opposition side. Not sure about the Roxy back pocket who spent a lot of time in the reserves. However i will open up the forum to the captain and coach of the year. I feel the Captain should be McGrath and the coach should be Farrelly (premiership coach.) But for some reason the league has asked all coaches to vote on this so should we the public have an opinion or should we trust the coaches themselves for what they believe?

Maybe the committee needs a business coach or someone to come in and do a review of the committee and operations. Spend a bit of money to help improve the club.

I think it's not far off the mark and well done to those that settled on the side for picking most players in a position as if they were going to play an opposition side. Not sure about the Roxy back pocket who spent a lot of time in the reserves. However i will open up the forum to the captain and coach of the year. I feel the Captain should be McGrath and the coach should be Farrelly (premiership coach.) But for some reason the league has asked all coaches to vote on this so should we the public have an opinion or should we trust the coaches themselves for what they believe?
Personally feel the premiership captain and coach should get both awards. Not sure McGrath had that good a year to get made skipper. Could raffle off any of the skippers in the top 4 really. Pretty damn hard team to knock I think. Grant stiff to miss out in the backline. Kicked crucial goals all year off half back

Personally feel the premiership captain and coach should get both awards. Not sure McGrath had that good a year to get made skipper. Could raffle off any of the skippers in the top 4 really. Pretty damn hard team to knock I think. Grant stiff to miss out in the backline. Kicked crucial goals all year off half back
It'll be interesting to see the result of coach and captain as from what I was told the votes were all collected from the coaches at the end of the regular season. I guess the theory is that the coach and captain may have done an excellent job on whatever criteria each coach is using to select so those individuals shouldn't be disregarded based on a team's performance during finals, if they even make it. At first I was rather negative on the change this year but the more I've thought about it the more I like it. Definitely makes it more interesting at least unlike other years

Well done to Roxburgh Park on its first promotion. Harley Short, Farrelly and Cook were great. However I think it's time for a few players at Roxy to give it up or go seek counselling throwing elbows and giving away continuous forceful free kicks. No matter how much talent you have you are a flog and have no respect if thuggery is what you resort to.

#49 at RP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back