EDFL Div 2 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would league reps and video be required? Who's giving you that mail? Based on what precedent?

It’s not unusual for league representatives to attend games mate, and hearing they will be attending the game next week. It’s also not uncommon for clubs to video games if they so wish and believe it’s already arranged. I think you know why but let’s move on shall we..
It’s a huge game for Roxy to see where there at. A win against ES will see them be a genuine chance to make finals. A loss will see them as pretenders and not a real challenger to the top couple of sides.. Good season by the looks of it..

It’s not unusual for league representatives to attend games mate, and hearing they will be attending the game next week. It’s also not uncommon for clubs to video games if they so wish and believe it’s already arranged. I think you know why but let’s move on shall we..
It’s a huge game for Roxy to see where there at. A win against ES will see them be a genuine chance to make finals. A loss will see them as pretenders and not a real challenger to the top couple of sides.. Good season by the looks of it..

They are sitting 3rd, 1 game off being equal top, beaten Moonee Valley (at Moonee Valley)
But by winning this week it will make them a chance to MAKE finals. Jesus your vendetta against this club is at an all time high.

They are sitting 3rd, 1 game off being equal top, beaten Moonee Valley (at Moonee Valley)
But by winning this week it will make them a chance to MAKE finals. Jesus your vendetta against this club is at an all time high.
Thank God it's not just me thinking it. We all know what he means by league officials coming out and games being taped. Bet he's not seen Roxy or heard about the change the new coach has bought to the playing group in regards to discipline and playing the right way. He's just stuck back 10 years ago with a view of what the club is. Come down ans talk to people instead of hiding behind the keyboard. Bet that won't happen

I think the Districts will make the 4 come end of year. So I’m thinking it’s between Roxy and MV and just hearing MV will get some players back over the week or so including a possible mid season recruit and come home hard in the back 1/2 of the season, hence my comment re this week’s game.

Thank God it's not just me thinking it. We all know what he means by league officials coming out and games being taped. Bet he's not seen Roxy or heard about the change the new coach has bought to the playing group in regards to discipline and playing the right way. He's just stuck back 10 years ago with a view of what the club is. Come down ans talk to people instead of hiding behind the keyboard. Bet that won't happen

Great to hear Rox. You are very passionate which is great. If true I’m glad things are turning around out there as I know it’s possible if you have the right people at the helm setting good examples. Only takes a few people to stand up and say “cut it out guys grow up and start giving our club a better name”.

Ventured out to Jacana the other week and wow what a turnaround from when I ventured out there many years ago. The day was great and on field I seen changes for the better. That type of behaviour can only be driven from the coach, President etc Great atmosphere and great day..

Anyway Rox, all the best to you and your club. Any yes I’m being sincere in saying this..

... but still 109 points. Still a huge margin with or without injuries.

Got down to the game and it's fair to say that after quarter time, Northern definitely put a stamp on the comp that they may be the new favourite for the flag. Class across the ground. Moudy Taleb might be the key to their success and Ferraro and Khodr damaging pair up forward/

Easy to say that the 109 point victory was the only story for the game but I made it to the huddle at 1/4 and 3/4 time and ES only had 17 players on the ground in the last quarter with thier backline decimated. Also heard that many of the kids were playing sore.

A big week for the club and I reckon this weeks clash against Roxy could be season defining. Not sure who they have to fill the holes left by the injuries in the twos or coming back.

Got down to the game and it's fair to say that after quarter time, Northern definitely put a stamp on the comp that they may be the new favourite for the flag. Class across the ground. Moudy Taleb might be the key to their success and Ferraro and Khodr damaging pair up forward/

Easy to say that the 109 point victory was the only story for the game but I made it to the huddle at 1/4 and 3/4 time and ES only had 17 players on the ground in the last quarter with thier backline decimated. Also heard that many of the kids were playing sore.

A big week for the club and I reckon this weeks clash against Roxy could be season defining. Not sure who they have to fill the holes left by the injuries in the twos or coming back.
big week for the 2 sides with finals spots up for grabs mid battle will be big
ill be out at ormond park mv and ns is a massive one too

Never a dull moment in this Div it seems...I'd post the entire article but I refuse to pay to access it. Anyone have an idea of what's going on?

Steve Grey quits as East Sunbury coach in EDFL | Leader - Herald Sun

COACH OF FLAG CONTENDER QUITS IN EDFL SHOCK
EAST Sunbury coach Steve Grey has sensationally quit the Essendon District Football League club. Grey was in his fourth season at the helm of the Thunder, which sits on top of the Division 2 ladder after 10 rounds as it chases a maiden senior finals berth.

Never a dull moment in this Div it seems...I'd post the entire article but I refuse to pay to access it. Anyone have an idea of what's going on?

Steve Grey quits as East Sunbury coach in EDFL | Leader - Herald Sun

COACH OF FLAG CONTENDER QUITS IN EDFL SHOCK
EAST Sunbury coach Steve Grey has sensationally quit the Essendon District Football League club. Grey was in his fourth season at the helm of the Thunder, which sits on top of the Division 2 ladder after 10 rounds as it chases a maiden senior finals berth.

EAST Sunbury coach Steve Grey has sensationally quit the Essendon District Football League club.

Grey was in his fourth season at the helm of the Thunder, which sits on top of the Division 2 ladder after 10 rounds as it chases a maiden senior finals berth.

Grey told the club of his intentions today and addressed the leadership group tonight.

“We’ve got a meeting tonight,” East Sunbury president Keith Osborne said on Tuesday afternoon.

EAST KEILOR CO-COACH NICK GRIGG DEPARTS EDFL CLUB

EDFL MID-SEASON REPORT CARD AND GRAND FINAL TIPS

“I’ve got no comment at the moment.”

The Thunder sits one game clear in first spot with a 7-2 record but was on the receiving end of a 109-point hammering against Northern Saints on Saturday.

The visitors conceded 21 goals to two after quarter-time at Charles Mutton Reserve after leading by 20 points at the first break.

East Sunbury was hampered by the fact Diquan Williams, Tim Hill and James Ellis suffered game-ending injuries, while four other players were also injured as the side finished the game without a bench.

It is not believed the weekend’s defeat was a factor in Grey’s decision.

The Thunder has not contested finals in five attempts since joining the EDFL senior ranks in 2013.

The additions of Kamen Ogilvie, Brad Bernacki, Connor Lever, Shane Lindsay, Kane Hill, Tim Hill, Jamerson Campbell and Anthony Sammut over summer strengthened the squad.

I see Ash Manning has been sacked Melton South coach. Wonder if there would be any interest from East Sunbury.

Surely a club on the cusp of success like ES would do their due diligence and look into why he keeps getting sacked everywhere he goes. The same goes for any club really.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see Ash Manning has been sacked Melton South coach. Wonder if there would be any interest from East Sunbury.

Sad news about Grey hopefully all is well with him and East Sunbury Few coaches out there that are more than capable of taking an already good side over Manning would be a great get if they could entice Dixon away from his assistant duties at Keilor or even a Sims or Fitzgerald all very capable local coaches

Sad news about Grey hopefully all is well with him and East Sunbury Few coaches out there that are more than capable of taking an already good side over Manning would be a great get if they could entice Dixon away from his assistant duties at Keilor or even a Sims or Fitzgerald all very capable local coaches

This has Rick Horwood's name all over it. Even to the extent of the Sunbury faithful.

Hey Dumont, what’s in the water over that way, with 2 coaches gone from neighboring area’s. Haha
Ash Manning is an interesting one if he does go to ES which I don’t think will happen. But he does know the EDFL well. No disrespect to Manning but was he cut out to coach in the BFNL. It’s a reasonable comp and you need proper structures rather than maybe rely on 4-5 gun players in your side.

For the love of god NO!! East Sunbury would have to be stark raving mad to appointed Manning or Horwood. Seriously?!?
Maybe someone new, their first senior coaching gig, fresh ideas.
Steve Grey was great for the club and it will be sad to see him go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Travis McCarty would have to be a look in. Already down the club so knows the boys and could put his own take on their game plan. Also has plenty of coaching experience, they’d be mad not to interview him.

Very interesting news about Steve Grey. Pretty sure he was pivotal in getting the club to where its at now so I'm sure the club is spewing about his depature.

When things like this happen, sometimes I think maybe there was some off field stuff going on that forced him to step aside

By having a committee thats taken on the coaching job over the next few weeks, it sounds like the club has given themselves time to do some interviews. Will be interested to see who gets the job. I'd expect it would be a local?

Some more massive results this weekend. Moonee Valley had the chance to win it after the siren but the kick went wide, Hadfield beat the Bears and Roxy got to the top of the ladder after beating the Thunder. Anyone's flag still

Wrapped for haddy been a long time without a win so good to see them get at least one for the year was at the northern and Mv game what a good game of footy was really impressed with 12 and 32 from northern and unlucky for the Mv player who missed after siren
I agree still can’t see a clear favourite for the flag any of the 5 could potentially win it on there day
I know we are only at the half way point but would someone like patanui or up the Rox have a go at predicting a top 10-15 players list or predicting a comp medalist from what you’ve seen only a bit of fun but would be interesting on ya forts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back