EDFL Div 2 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Is he any good?

I did note Nth Sunshine finished bottom of the ladder in Div 3.

Doesn’t matter Mel as he will only last 1 season as per other NS coaches of late. I’m pretty sure they weren’t lining up for the job either so he might have been the only application.

Doesn’t matter Mel as he will only last 1 season as per other NS coaches of late. I’m pretty sure they weren’t lining up for the job either so he might have been the only application.

A bit harsh. They have a new committee, so you might give them the benefit of doubt. And looking at what the new coach has done, his pretty much done a lot in footy generally. Pretty good get by the club. Hope they can bring that buzz back at mutton they lost this year.

A whole one coach in a row was sacked after one season, a coach who quite clearly lost the players as shown by the results in the finals.

The previous coach survived being relegated from B grade with one win for the year. He then advised the club before the 2017 season started that he would be moving on at the end of the year, which he did. He was never sacked.

I know you're a self proclaimed EDFL expert, but this post is quite clearly showing your ignorance in regards to the Saints.

Last edited:
A whole one coach in a row was sacked after one season, a coach who quite clearly lost the players as shown by the results in the finals.

The previous coach survived being relegated from B grade with one win for the year. He then advised the club before the 2016 season started that he would be moving on at the end of the year, which he did. He was never sacked.

I know you're a self proclaimed EDFL expert, but this post is quite clearly showing your ignorance in regards to the Saints.

Can’t recall him ever saying anything very positive about the club Bulldog.

A bit harsh. They have a new committee, so you might give them the benefit of doubt. And looking at what the new coach has done, his pretty much done a lot in footy generally. Pretty good get by the club. Hope they can bring that buzz back at mutton they lost this year.
Can’t recall him ever saying anything very positive about the club Bulldog.

Hey Joey and Goalside, c’mon lads I was half joking and wish you lads well. Your replies were respectful and you guys have a lot of passion. Actually enjoy reading your posts.
I hope Brett does a good job and his background should benefit the NS but he has a huge task ahead of him. Personally think it’s a good decision I just hope the club sticks to its promise to support him and back him in for the long haul. Maybe a few steps back to eventually move forward. The players and especially supporters will need to accept any losses with dignity knowing there is a process in place to build culture and success hopefully.
Cheers

I see jacana have lost another one to Craigieburn, Billy Morrison, that’s a big lose !
Iam hearing that there is more to come!
Wonder why they are all leaving ??

I see jacana have lost another one to Craigieburn, Billy Morrison, that’s a big lose !
Iam hearing that there is more to come!
Wonder why they are all leaving ??
Josh young likely to retire....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it a case of the player wanting to stay playing div1? If so you can’t begrudge him. Was his intentions to stay in this division, if so at least he was upfront with the Jags.
Maybe they want to play a higher division but they were still asking for fair bit of money that the Jags couldnt afford after being bittern last season !

Maybe they want to play a higher division but they were still asking for fair bit of money that the Jags couldnt afford after being bittern last season !
I’m lead to believe it was money more than anything

Well if true I guess you can’t hold that against him. Playing a higher division and gettting a bit extra in his pocket.
He was serviceable last season in div1 but surely his not on that big money.

Also Jacana have another ruckman so probably get away with 1 “bigger” guy in div2. Plus I guess it’s a common thing when clubs recruit a few they unfortunately must part with the odd player to keep within budget.

They have Cam Cloke so will be up there next season..

I’m told from a reliable source he took less money at crazyburn,
Seem to be a few issues down at the jags this off season.... Morrison:gone Austin:gone kimuliatis: gone
3 of there younger guns not there.. anyone know what’s going on down there ?

I’m told from a reliable source he took less money at crazyburn,
Seem to be a few issues down at the jags this off season.... Morrison:gone Austin:gone kimuliatis: gone
3 of there younger guns not there.. anyone know what’s going on down there ?
Maybe find a new source because from what I’m lead to believe cragieburn nearly tripled what he was on this year. From what I’m hearing at the Jags in the off season they are recruiting and having players return after new coach has signed on, only a few players have requested to ge elsewhere and 2 or 3 retired.

No need to be concerned for Jags yet I don’t think.

I Can confirm from a source that he was offered a payrise from Jacana that was more then his offer at Craigieburn and decided that he would play at the higher division

Done more then enough for Jacana the last few years playing wise

I Can confirm from a source that he was offered a payrise from Jacana that was more then his offer at Craigieburn and decided that he would play at the higher division

Done more then enough for Jacana the last few years playing wise
I can confirm this total crap !he was offered a pay increase but craigeburns offer was nearly double !

I can confirm this total crap !he was offered a pay increase but craigeburns offer was nearly double !

He mustn’t have been on much at the Jags then. Surely no opposition club would offer any player (from the same division) double or triple unless they were on pittance already. On the other hand if he was on decent coin and offered double or triple then a lot of players would move I guess. But not a smart move by CB in my opinion (if in fact true as I’m only responding to allegations on here) and good on the Jags for not giving in.

I tend to believe he wants to stay and play division 1 and being a B&F winner I guess who can blame him. He was a solid ruckman and competes well. No challenge for him playing an ordinary standard of div2 footy and he did do his part for the Jags over recent years. Let him leave on good terms and try and get him back maybe in coming years.

I can promise you that if he played at Jacana this year he would be getting paid more then he is at crazyburn

I’d bet my life on it
You would bet your life on it would you??

And how much do you think he was offered at both clubs if you are so sure?

As I know what he was offered at both and cragieburn was more than what Jags offered. And yes the jags did offer more than he was on for 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back