EDFL Div 2 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coburg’s ground is in terrible condition. Unless we get some dry conditions they will lucky to host senior finals there.
Move them to Greenvale with the new double story clubrooms and plenty of parking will be best finals venue other than Windy Hill.
Not to mention the giant big screen that the league could use to live stream games and possible show replays.
The West Coburg v EK match on the weekend was moved from CCO to Shore Reserve due to ground condition.

I agree should play at Greenvale if the surface is better.

The player that told me said that a few of the players arent fans, and he was to hard on them.

Is this 3 in 3 years?
Hahaa what a joke if a player thinks a coach is to hard in them it’s time to either toughen up or give up as a cos h myself I’m sick and tired of these players being unable to cop a spray

Hahaa what a joke if a player thinks a coach is to hard in them it’s time to either toughen up or give up as a cos h myself I’m sick and tired of these players being unable to cop a spray
Gotta agree with you there, Playing group not happy with coach is 99% a cop out...
In NS case , they are notoriously only tough when coming from behind when the opposition can't see it coming!

Gotta agree with you there, Playing group not happy with coach is 99% a cop out...
In NS case , they are notoriously only tough when coming from behind when the opposition can't see it coming!

Poor comment. Really poor. May have had a reputation from years ago but I’ve not witnessed any of that behaviour since 2015.

Usually your posts are a little more insightful.
Turbo you liking such a comment only serves to prove your bias and ignorance.

There's some pretty horrendous charges against players not from NS on the EDFL website.

I was speaking with Felicity from Fawkner tonight and she assures me the coach is as good as gone. The club has done so many good things over the last few years and I really hope they find a coach who will stick around and who they'll stand by.

Poor comment. Really poor. May have had a reputation from years ago but I’ve not witnessed any of that behaviour since 2015.

Joey, it was more based around the constant changing of coaches out there and the comments around players dictating if a coach goes or stays. Sometimes coaches are not popular but players need to suck it up and not sook. Im sure coaches aren’t banging down the door to coach up there..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Joey, it was more based around the constant changing of coaches out there and the comments around players dictating if a coach goes or stays. Sometimes coaches are not popular but players need to suck it up and not sook. Im sure coaches aren’t banging down the door to coach up there..

I doubt very much that the players are the ones who are as you say “spooking” it up. Of course it will always depends on which plAyer you are talking to turbo. Allegiances and opinions are different for all. I also heard these things but I also heard the coach is generally liked by the players. Maybe it’s coming from the top for reasons we are all not aware of.
If so I hope the club can avoid the innuendo it went through last year for the sake of its hardworking volunteers and players and address it quickly.

I doubt very much that the players are the ones who are as you say “spooking” it up. Of course it will always depends on which plAyer you are talking to turbo. Allegiances and opinions are different for all. I also heard these things but I also heard the coach is generally liked by the players. Maybe it’s coming from the top for reasons we are all not aware of.
If so I hope the club can avoid the innuendo it went through last year for the sake of its hardworking volunteers and players and address it quickly.

Hey Joey, I was only replying to your post and what I have been reading. I didn’t start this conversation re NS coach & players.

What charges Aucklander?
There's some pretty horrendous charges against players not from NS on the EDFL website.

I was speaking with Felicity from Fawkner tonight and she assures me the coach is as good as gone. The club has done so many good things over the last few years and I really hope they find a coach who will stick around and who they'll stand by.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

They did the same last season with there coach. Took them to top of the ladder than he got sacked. Some Players down there think they are bigget than the club and can get the coached sacked if they don’t like his methods. Nothing will change at NS if the continue on this path.

1/
So my point on junior coaches is strengthening as I see a coach has been suspended for abusing an umpire. Even after the league issued a statement they still only hand down 2 week suspension. That’s not a deterrent is it. EDFL stand up and give them a decent whack.
* I did some research and seen his side is last on the ladder with 1 win. Is this due to his coaching? I would assume it is in part.. What example is this setting to the young kids..

In his defence- I’m not sure a clubs B side should be in div2 unless they are a dominant side. Playing against sides A teams is not an easy task and some of these A teams have little respect or acknowledgement when playing against the B sides. A teams have Bigger kids (and some can be tough against smaller kids but hide against the big boys) and often 3-4 really good players so it’s difficult at times.

2/
Another kicking incident and no suspension. Don’t know the details but surely a report of this nature warrants weeks!!

1/
So my point on junior coaches is strengthening as I see a coach has been suspended for abusing an umpire. Even after the league issued a statement they still only hand down 2 week suspension. That’s not a deterrent is it. EDFL stand up and give them a decent whack.
* I did some research and seen his side is last on the ladder with 1 win. Is this due to his coaching? I would assume it is in part.. What example is this setting to the young kids..

In his defence- I’m not sure a clubs B side should be in div2 unless they are a dominant side. Playing against sides A teams is not an easy task and some of these A teams have little respect or acknowledgement when playing against the B sides. A teams have Bigger kids (and some can be tough against smaller kids but hide against the big boys) and often 3-4 really good players so it’s difficult at times.

2/
Another kicking incident and no suspension. Don’t know the details but surely a report of this nature warrants weeks!!
Turbo you can’t make comment if you don’t know the facts of the case. The chargers might read worse than what exactly happen.

Maybe you should join the tribunal panel next year than you can make sure the punishments are stronger as your saying.

Yeah maybe a little cheap shot but there is still an element of blokes running around in the NS jumper who think it's ok to give the ol' cheapy elbow or knee here and there and they are the one's who think it's ok to "get rid" of the coach if he doesn't suit them. Yes there are some great volunteers down at NS(as there are at all clubs) , but until they stop accepting these players behaviour(not just accept but make these blokes think they are God's gift to the club) , then that joint is going nowhere fast.
And for what it's worth the coach thinks he's Ron Barassi/Kevin Sheedy but he is just a hack who talks a lot of crap but that doesn't give these players the right to hold the club to ransom and demand he go.

Turbo you can’t make comment if you don’t know the facts of the case. The chargers might read worse than what exactly happen.

Maybe you should join the tribunal panel next year than you can make sure the punishments are stronger as your saying.

I’m just saying we MUST support the umpires. Most are young and his also coaching kids as young as 11. He must have said something. It’s not a good look. Some club appointed coaches, runners and boundary umpires need to have a good look at themselves as they ruining it for a lot of good people. I could disclose a bit more but best I don’t..😉

Yeah maybe a little cheap shot but there is still an element of blokes running around in the NS jumper who think it's ok to give the ol' cheapy elbow or knee here and there and they are the one's who think it's ok to "get rid" of the coach if he doesn't suit them. Yes there are some great volunteers down at NS(as there are at all clubs) , but until they stop accepting these players behaviour(not just accept but make these blokes think they are God's gift to the club) , then that joint is going nowhere fast.
And for what it's worth the coach thinks he's Ron Barassi/Kevin Sheedy but he is just a hack who talks a lot of crap but that doesn't give these players the right to hold the club to ransom and demand he go.

From the games I saw this year I saw no cheap shots or anything like that at all. If there is an element at the club Then it’s probably one or two who probably play on the edge, but nothing like their past suggests. I wouldn’t be wrong in saying each club has its share of players be it one two or three. I can only say it as I see it and have been told, I’d be very surprised if it was players who are leading the chorus to oust the coach, so I’m just not sure the players should be given a bad rap or incorrect call on this.

From the games I saw this year I saw no cheap shots or anything like that at all. If there is an element at the club Then it’s probably one or two who probably play on the edge, but nothing like their past suggests. I wouldn’t be wrong in saying each club has its share of players be it one two or three. I can only say it as I see it and have been told, I’d be very surprised if it was players who are leading the chorus to oust the coach, so I’m just not sure the players should be given a bad rap or incorrect call on this.

Hey mate, but if true why get rid of a coach after 1 season? It’s no good for stability, building a culture, building a list nor does it help in encouraging perspective coaches to apply for any future roles. The committee surely seek coaches for 2 years as a minimum thesedays to push forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back