EDFL Div 2 2020

gasfire

Draftee
May 10, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Anyone know anything about Jacana? Been pretty quiet on the socials.
Havent heard much still waiting for AGM dont think anyone is willing to put there hand up to run the club ! so far behind the eight ball ,Is Paul Houston staying on to coach ?

Biggest Choker

Senior List
Oct 8, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
It would be very interesting to see how OAK Park go this year - i can't believe they had 4 teams (88 senior players) OK they were short some weekends and forfeited some games but returned a combined total of 4 or 5 wins across the club. These are great numbers being around the club and bringing some old timers back - with a bit of planning, surely their reserves should have made finals - understand mates want to play together but need to sing the club song after a game more than 4 or 5 times throughout year and i think one was against themselves ! In my opinion, they will be there abouts come Sept at Windy Hill in this division

Oldtimesceptic

Senior List
Apr 9, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
Keilor Park appear to announcing a couple of decent recruits on there social pages. Bit of excitement around the club I hear. New president has the place buzzing a bit. Great work by a club most of us thought were gone a few years back.
Who are the recruits? Presuming Guicas might get a couple from EK. His son would be one of them.

Joey Montoro

Team Captain
Apr 30, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Daniel & Mathew re-signed and played at Northern this year.
Anthony is a new recruit

Any other signings? Any recruits? Will be interesting as all other clubs Recruiting well.

East Sunbury a bit quiet, any news on them and how they are going?

PARKFOOTY

Debutant
Dec 16, 2009
west
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Who are the recruits? Presuming Guicas might get a couple from EK. His son would be one of them.
Will be interesting how many follow to KP. It’s my understanding the EDFL have told KP they will help in what ever way needed to help them get both reserves and seniors operating. This INCLUDES bending a rule that states only 2 players can transfer from the same club to the same destination club before a statement must be made. So basically saying they will turn their head if 5 players want to go from EK to KP. Others clubs should monitor this and question it if it starts to happen.

Turbos mail

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 15, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Will be interesting how many follow to KP. It’s my understanding the EDFL have told KP they will help in what ever way needed to help them get both reserves and seniors operating. This INCLUDES bending a rule that states only 2 players can transfer from the same club to the same destination club before a statement must be made. So basically saying they will turn their head if 5 players want to go from EK to KP. Others clubs should monitor this and question it if it starts to happen.

Great idea to assist certain clubs. I agree if a club has senior 3rds and more than 2 want to transfer then I reckon it’s a great rule. As long as it’s not 3 good senior players leaving 1 club then I like it.

Oldtimesceptic

Senior List
Apr 9, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
I would be surprised if the league allowed this to happen. Although KP need all the help they can get a the moment.

CATNDOG

Debutant
Oct 2, 2009
keilor downs
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
The rule is two players per club, but if a club was happy to clear more then it is fine. The number was set to avoid a coach taking a whole team to a new club. So the smart thing is to put in transfers for the two you really want and work on the rest with the other club. Kegs or footballs are good currency for this type of activity.

May 3, 2003
Warriorville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NZ Warriors, Wallan FNC
Any particular reasons why Aucklander?

What happens with Jacana. Same with KP. Pretty open this year despite OP going down. Very important year at NS after looking within and going with youth. From a distance the division looks very interesting.

Joey Montoro

Team Captain
Apr 30, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Cheers turbo, wouldn’t let me read the article without subscribing...
big loss for ES but

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I feel he is an important loss to Easts. If only they had of kicked 7 more points, they may have retained some of the talent they’ve lost.
Goes to show it’s hard to a young team together. Easts were all the rage just a couple of years ago. They may be again, but may take a little time now.

Fo0tyFanaticc

Senior List
Sep 23, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
I feel he is an important loss to Easts. If only they had of kicked 7 more points, they may have retained some of the talent they’ve lost.
Goes to show it’s hard to a young team together. Easts were all the rage just a couple of years ago. They may be again, but may take a little time now.

No doubt Tom leaving East would be a very bitter pill to swallow. At the end of the day, East is not in the same financial position to compete with some of the bigger clubs in the area and it makes it very difficult to retain their young guns.

That being said, I am told that Tom is the only player on the move and they have signed a few others. Im sure the club would love to have kept Tom but money & the ability to play at the higher level, its hard to question him.

Back