EDFL Div 2 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok , I will call it right now , all Div 2 clubs be prepared to have another bye when you are fixtured with the Jacana game.
Why would anyone believe that Jacana will have a team when they have 7 players being cleared in and approx 30 going out.
I understand that alot of the players going out will be U16 from last year heading off to Therry, but not 30
On the positive side for the Jags they wont need to rush around and panic buy toilet rolls for 2020
No one has posted in this forum because division 2 live in the real world. They are all gearing up for 2021. Jacana and all the other clubs have plenty of time to recruit the players they need for 2021. How can the Edfl be in a better position than the eastern league and northern league and continue on a drip of hope for the next 3 weeks! The season should have been called 2 weeks ago let alone wait another 3 weeks. And waiting for a return to play plan to make an informed decision. Last time I checked there were 9 presidents in this division and The competition runs 3 divisions- not just keilor or aberfeldie!! Season is not happening ! Players will take extra sat shifts if available to make any salary shortfalls and so they should- see you next year!! P.s it would good if edfl media show some interest in division 2 . Is this too negative or just reality!

No one has posted in this forum because division 2 live in the real world. They are all gearing up for 2021. Jacana and all the other clubs have plenty of time to recruit the players they need for 2021. How can the Edfl be in a better position than the eastern league and northern league and continue on a drip of hope for the next 3 weeks! The season should have been called 2 weeks ago let alone wait another 3 weeks. And waiting for a return to play plan to make an informed decision. Last time I checked there were 9 presidents in this division and The competition runs 3 divisions- not just keilor or aberfeldie!! Season is not happening ! Players will take extra sat shifts if available to make any salary shortfalls and so they should- see you next year!! P.s it would good if edfl media show some interest in division 2 . Is this too negative or just reality!
[/QUOTE
The media guy is trying to build a resume. There is no click bait in no names.
As for recognising lower divisions and their concerns forget it. As long as the self centred power clubs (minority) get their way then all is ok.

7 years ago - Oak park we in premier division. 5 years ago northern saints were in premier division. Now both clubs find themselves in this division and in the meantime,Aberfeldie have played finals in that past 7 years! Surely there is a story there to help other clubs see how quickly things can change with short term plannings! Leadership comes in all forms and having the right people make good decisions based on current circumstances and forward planning together will ensure survival OR Not !! Or at the very least have a competitive club !!

7 years ago - Oak park we in premier division. 5 years ago northern saints were in premier division. Now both clubs find themselves in this division and in the meantime,Aberfeldie have played finals in that past 7 years! Surely there is a story there to help other clubs see how quickly things can change with short term plannings! Leadership comes in all forms and having the right people make good decisions based on current circumstances and forward planning together will ensure survival OR Not !! Or at the very least have a competitive club !!
Helps when they paid more than other clubs to get the list they have had for the past 7 years or so

Pretty poor target for mine. Adem is a guy who needs to get people to listen and drive some interest. Do we know if Div 2 clubs haven't been approached? Maybe they have and couldn't get anyone to talk to them. I think he does a pretty good job and when you have a name like McGuane with his footy smarts and understanding off the game why wouldn't you go to him? Reckon the media team is the least of anyone's worries right now
On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Pretty sure the Bears were on the EDFL podcast a few weeks back and have been vocal in getting a season up.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Pretty poor target for mine. Adem is a guy who needs to get people to listen and drive some interest. Do we know if Div 2 clubs haven't been approached? Maybe they have and couldn't get anyone to talk to them. I think he does a pretty good job and when you have a name like McGuane with his footy smarts and understanding off the game why wouldn't you go to him? Reckon the media team is the least of anyone's worries right now

Another Div 2 GF coach from last year was approached and had agreed to appear - maybe this week or last - but it's assumed that because of the uncertainty of things and the meetings that were to be held this week that things were shifted a bit.

The EDFL media guys definitely aren't ignoring Div 2 by any means... if anything I think everyone's in the same boat of just winging it.

Definitely not potting anyone, just being realistic. I’m not the biggest fan of media per se at the best of times. As for Mick when he is not self promoting he is well worth listening to.

Thank you Edfl media for letting us listen to a coach from a division 2 premiership favourite. It was good to listen to his thoughts on the realistic Covid 19 challenges with the resources available and how things have changed due to this virus.
IMO 8 games of football does not constitute a season. In a top 4 scenario you need only approx 4 wins to play finals unless you change rules again and only have top 2.
Division 1 & 2 will have a bye as well- just what they need another week off. But the likely hood of this going ahead is as likely as mick Mcguane coaching a division 2 team - only dreaming But I would love to see that as that will test his enthusiasm and passion for the game with the challenges,finances and resources available. I do like listening to him though has a good football brain !

Thank you Edfl media for letting us listen to a coach from a division 2 premiership favourite. It was good to listen to his thoughts on the realistic Covid 19 challenges with the resources available and how things have changed due to this virus.
IMO 8 games of football does not constitute a season. In a top 4 scenario you need only approx 4 wins to play finals unless you change rules again and only have top 2.
Division 1 & 2 will have a bye as well- just what they need another week off. But the likely hood of this going ahead is as likely as mick Mcguane coaching a division 2 team - only dreaming But I would love to see that as that will test his enthusiasm and passion for the game with the challenges,finances and resources available. I do like listening to him though has a good football brain !

and how good for footy would that be!!. I‘m Sure others would think differently, the best only with the best, but’s still it would be great to see, especially what could come of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

M
and how good for footy would that be!!. I‘m Sure others would think differently, the best only with the best, but’s still it would be great to see, especially what could come of it.
Mick's challenge in 2021 and beyond will be like a lot of clubs. A reduced salary cap Premier 100k Div 1 80k Div 2 60k and most importantly a salary cap on coaches. They may be inclusive under the one cap, maybe not.

I here a coach is not only demanding to be paid for this season and negotiated a pay rise plus that he gets a coaching extension for next year.I wonder how his players will feel about that playing for nothing I call it great loyalty

I here a coach is not only demanding to be paid for this season and negotiated a pay rise plus that he gets a coaching extension for next year.I wonder how his players will feel about that playing for nothing I call it great loyalty

Clearly coach not in for the right reason - clubs need to be better than that surely

To be fair the coach your talking about negotiated that deal half way through last season after their fantastic start. Would hardly imagine the club would be held to that by him during this period. If that’s the case then would seriously consider the alternative via a no confidence vote.

To be fair the coach your talking about negotiated that deal half way through last season after their fantastic start. Would hardly imagine the club would be held to that by him during this period. If that’s the case then would seriously consider the alternative via a no confidence vote.

No excuse.
Many a staff member and manager in the world right now have had to suck up a salary reduction due to COVID 19 impact.
Local footballers also been advised NO PAY for 2020, which is the only way the game can return in 2020.

Then we have a coach suggesting he is above all this............................. time to go for this coach

No excuse.
Many a staff member and manager in the world right now have had to suck up a salary reduction due to COVID 19 impact.
Local footballers also been advised NO PAY for 2020, which is the only way the game can return in 2020.

Then we have a coach suggesting he is above all this............................. time to go for this coach
Think you miss read me TF50. I 100% agree with your out come if he thinks this is the case. Was simply saying he negotiated the deal mid 2019 and not during this period if that’s how some read it.
Maybe the league have to stipulate (if they haven’t already) what is meant by
No salary cap. Is this for players that are payed per game for their contract or include coaches who are payed per season by contract.

From what I here it has only been done in the last couple of months

Do we see all Div 2 teams getting up and playing?

Will Jacana get a side?

Who are the premiership favourites right now? Still Moonee Valley? I reckon Burnside or Oak Park are a smokey. Be interesting to see how Coburg, NS and Hadfield have been going. Keilor Park the great unknown this season.

"Moreland City Council has approved my proposal for the redevelopment for both the Mutton Reserve Football and Cricket Pavilion and the Mutton Reserve Tennis Pavilion"

Good news.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back