EDFL Div 2 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Remember the salary cap is:
$100k - Premier
$85k - Div 1
$70k - Div 2

The gap isn't too big anymore. Gone are the days of players on $1-2k a game. Div 2 financially is attractive because the money is practically the same as higher divisions. Coburg are 2-3 A graders off as you say. They could pay some bottom premier players the same as what their on to come and win a flag rather than fight to avoid relegation.

the thought of relegation from division 2……into the abyss…..perhaps relegation to the WRFL………………………….sorry couldn’t help myself..🤣 Friday we are free….. yippee…..🍾

In all honestly, if division 2 clubs have 75k spend they should really be using 15k of that to spend of junior development. That's 60k and averages out to be $150 a player across 18 games. Some players will obviously be worth closer to $250-300 and some players $50-100 while even some 1 pointers will play for free. If a player is demanding more and not buying in, it's probably better not having them there for the culture of the club. Clubs should be building from the bottom up.

What demands?
They all train Tue Thurs and play Sat?
Yeah but if a decent player was to drop to div2 they would be allowed some scope to miss training nights etc. Some might not train at all depends on how good they are. Some might train Thursday only!

Premier you must train 2 nights and maybe the odd Sunday. However with the way things are and reduced caps I guess clubs thesedays allow a bit of flexibility to a point.

What demands?
They all train Tue Thurs and play Sat?
tue and thurs nights in season play Saturday do a recovery season Sunday . the pre season starts in November with two possible 3 club sessions a week and then a personal one on the weekend .Most premier and div 1 sides try to emulate the AFL to a degree we are asking more and more time of our footballers after all this covid sh*t players will have other priorities other than football

Last edited:
tue and thurs nights in season play Saturday do a recovery season Sunday . the pre season starts in November with two possible 3 club sessions a week and then a personal one on the weekend .Most premier and div 1 sides try to emulate the AFL to a degree we are asking more and more time of our footballers after all this covid sh*t players will have other priorities other than football
Agree completely. Not only that, but on game day we ask them to hang around to support the reserves/seniors and then come back for a few drinks. It is very time consuming. If you dont love it then you wouldnt do it. But I 100% can see the how premier players may want to take a few steps back and perhaps train only once a week by dropping down a grade or two. It benefits everyone.

In all honestly, if division 2 clubs have 75k spend they should really be using 15k of that to spend of junior development. That's 60k and averages out to be $150 a player across 18 games. Some players will obviously be worth closer to $250-300 and some players $50-100 while even some 1 pointers will play for free. If a player is demanding more and not buying in, it's probably better not having them there for the culture of the club. Clubs should be building from the bottom up.

Would clubs do opposite and have 10 players unpaid (may pay their rego) and pay 5 players 350+ 250+ for rest etc

Would clubs do opposite and have 10 players unpaid (may pay their rego) and pay 5 players 350+ 250+ for rest etc
nice idea I am not sure, someone with more intimate knowledge of the cap might know better, but I think if you pay the club regos this has to be counted in the salary cap

nice idea I am not sure, someone with more intimate knowledge of the cap might know better, but I think if you pay the club regos this has to be counted in the salary cap
I just looked into the cap. So 47 points. Don't think there are any afl or vfl players in the competition so lots of 1,2,3 pt players.
Itll be a very interesting season 2022. It is only October and here we are only guessing but I'll predict a Taylors Lakes v Keilor Park GF or Taylors Lakes v Oak Park GF

I just looked into the cap. So 47 points. Don't think there are any afl or vfl players in the competition so lots of 1,2,3 pt players.
Itll be a very interesting season 2022. It is only October and here we are only guessing but I'll predict a Taylors Lakes v Keilor Park GF or Taylors Lakes v Oak Park GF
Yes it will be I think there won't be much in it between the top 5 but there will be a huge cap to the rest ,I hope the jags get a team up and finally get a win

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Taylors Lakes seem to be recruiting a fair few players. I don't know much about their recruits. Can anyone shed any light on them?

Taylors Lakes seem to be recruiting a fair few players. I don't know much about their recruits. Can anyone shed any light on them?
lets just say they will be pushing to go straight back up, you dont want to hang around Div 2, too long, the longer you are there the more wheels fall off and then its a long time getting out.

Good to see clubs in the EDFL follow the rules. First EK now NS
This is why we have missed nearly 2 years of football by people not following rules.
If this keeps happening 2022 will be impacted to.

Attachments

• C6DEE115-7103-482D-9CEF-48D0EC72B3E6.jpeg
    C6DEE115-7103-482D-9CEF-48D0EC72B3E6.jpeg
    176.7 KB · Views: 258
Good to see clubs in the EDFL follow the rules. First EK now NS
This is why we have missed nearly 2 years of football by people not following rules.
If this keeps happening 2022 will be impacted to.

You do know pubs/clubs/nightclubs/bars are open and are packed right now, yes? Some venues are having literally 100s of people in them per night. Why is a football club any different?

Why can't clubs hold events like this and make a bit of money? This is the way of the future now in a vaccinated society. Get used to it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back