EDFL Div 2 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

OP by 30
CD by 6
KP by 240
HAD by 12

OP v NS a big game for NS. In front of a big crowd they are honouring past fawkner football greats with a replica jumper and names of those players on their back. Great idea. Hopefully they can pull off a win, but whilst Haddy pushed OP last week NS should too but will just fall short. OP by 25pts.

CD V ES - ES by 15. A must win though for CD To stay in touch, and ES win and other results go their way could be third by end of saturday Due to %

KP V Jags - KP 210 much needed % for them required.

Had v BH - Haddy by 15. battle for third ultimately. Too good at home.

OP v NS a big game for NS. In front of a big crowd they are honouring past fawkner football greats with a replica jumper and names of those players on their back. Great idea. Hopefully they can pull off a win, but whilst Haddy pushed OP last week NS should too but will just fall short. OP by 25pts.

CD V ES - ES by 15. A must win though for CD To stay in touch, and ES win and other results go their way could be third by end of saturday Due to %

KP V Jags - KP 210 much needed % for them required.

Had v BH - Haddy by 15. battle for third ultimately. Too good at home.
Hey mate, are KP any chance for finals as they did beat Haddy the other week.

Hey mate, are KP any chance for finals as they did beat Haddy the other week.

yes. Outside of MV and OP, there are 5 teams that can vie for the 3rd and 4th spot. the Reality is that these teams will win and lose against each other, so is the closeness. If they can pinch a win against the top two will go a long way of helping their finals aspirations.

yes. Outside of MV and OP, there are 5 teams that can vie for the 3rd and 4th spot. the Reality is that these teams will win and lose against each other, so is the closeness. If they can pinch a win against the top two will go a long way of helping their finals aspirations.
Agreed its wide open from 3-8. KPs and ES results have surprised me the most so i would think they are best chance of edging out a burnside or haddy.

Agreed its wide open from 3-8. KPs and ES results have surprised me the most so i would think they are best chance of edging out a burnside or haddy.
I agree that the availability of 2 or 3 players on the day could separate Teams from 3-8. Watching some vision, MV a class above the rest of the teams in this division. The way ball movement is transferred, holding their marks, chasing & tackling and set shot accuracy makes them a strong candidate for Division 1 - In fact, they are ready. They have done a fantastic job for long term sustainability for their club !!

I agree that the availability of 2 or 3 players on the day could separate Teams from 3-8. Watching some vision, MV a class above the rest of the teams in this division. The way ball movement is transferred, holding their marks, chasing & tackling and set shot accuracy makes them a strong candidate for Division 1 - In fact, they are ready. They have done a fantastic job for long term sustainability for their club !!
Adding to that theyre also having good wins in the 2s and thirds. Big player lists with quality depth will hold you in good stead in div 3 and into the future

And quality people and juniors impressive as well from where they were years ago. They have set high standards and wish them well they deserve promotion.

I was impressed when I was there for a junior game and was told that their junior coaches are not allowed to use the words umpire or ball.

If only some other clubs would take that on board.

Last edited:
Couldn’t get down to watch my Saints play this weekend as was in Westy so decided to watch Wm and Roxy
Any have game reports
Districts starting to find some form

Watched Hadfield and burnside, big day at Martin reserve with past players event and a good result for the hawks. It’s great how strong this comp is getting, lots of matches that can go either way.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Watched Hadfield and burnside, big day at Martin reserve with past players event and a good result for the hawks. It’s great how strong this comp is getting, lots of matches that can go either way.

However few big margins mate in all 3 grades as well is not ideal. But yes div2 pretty competitive aside from Jacana. Can they hold on??

However few big margins mate in all 3 grades as well is not ideal. But yes div2 pretty competitive aside from Jacana. Can they hold on??

Hopefully they hold on! Absolute credit the boys putting there hand up to keep playing each week. Have heard whispers they might be looking to go back to RDFL anyone confirm??

Hopefully they hold on! Absolute credit the boys putting there hand up to keep playing each week. Have heard whispers they might be looking to go back to RDFL anyone confirm??

I reckon that they have a better chance to rebuild in the EDFL as there is far less travel involved the jags just have to keep on keeping on

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Team of the year squad so far?
Bruno
Sabatino
Tamer
Kako
Padmore
Mcgreth
Newell
O brien
Taylor
Gleeson
Ogilvie
Pascu
Cronin
Ahern
Shrimpton
Taleb
Just a couple names to make discussion seeing as I watch this division the most

Bruno
Sabatino
Tamer
Kako
Padmore
Mcgreth
Newell
O brien
Taylor
Gleeson
Ogilvie
Pascu
Cronin
Ahern
Shrimpton
Taleb
Kempster

Bruno
Sabatino
Tamer
Kako
Padmore
Mcgreth
Newell
O brien
Taylor
Gleeson
Ogilvie
Pascu
Cronin
Ahern
Shrimpton
Taleb
Molloy
Fisher
Both Taylor's (mv and op)

Div.2 finals reduced to 2 weeks. I think this damages the integrity for the finals and the teams who qualify. Huge positive for 3rd and 4th teams to win 1 game and enter a GF.
Let’s hope the best 2 teams play well on semi final day and get the chance at promotion.

Div.2 finals reduced to 2 weeks. I think this damages the integrity for the finals and the teams who qualify. Huge positive for 3rd and 4th teams to win 1 game and enter a GF.
Let’s hope the best 2 teams play well on semi final day and get the chance at promotion.
It's C Grade mate

why dont they play all senior GF's in the same weekend - surely they all dont have to be at Windy Hill? Then they can have a normal final series in Div 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back