EDFL Div 2 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

I know most people are getting soft and very sensitive and stating the bleeding obvious should not be a crime. But umpires need to be able to to do their job with out abuse or smart arse comments about the appearance this would not be tolerated in a work place and this is their work place . We are so short on umpires we need every one we can get
100% agree... Too many numbnuts still think it's ok to abuse umpires , this goes for players, coaches(support staff) and general supporters... IT IS NOT OK

Given there’s no games atm 2 keep us busy
Too early for team of the year talk

Padmore
Tamer
Ogilvie
Cronin
Ahern
McPharlane
Sabatino
Gleeson
Pascu
Shrimpton
Newell
L.Shaw
Mcgrath
Kako
Fisher
Kempster

Just to name a few feel free to have your input

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Padmore
Tamer
Ogilvie
Cronin
Ahern
McPharlane
Sabatino
Gleeson
Pascu
Shrimpton
Newell
L.Shaw
Mcgrath
Kako
Fisher
Kempster

Z Taylor off 4 games. Will pole 10 votes in league medal. Maybe even 12 from 12

Padmore
Tamer
Ogilvie
Cronin
Ahern
McPharlane
Sabatino
Gleeson
Pascu
Shrimpton
Newell
L.Shaw
Mcgrath
Kako
Fisher
Kempster

Pretty spot on from all the div 2 footy I’ve watched this year

Pretty spot on from all the div 2 footy I’ve watched this year

start Again, why is Tamer playing twos? Kako really hasn’t hit his straps, perhaps Father Time catching up with both? Surely not? In their place Bruno and Dispinzeri, those two are the Saints best so far And should crack the team.

start Again, why is Tamer playing twos? Kako really hasn’t hit his straps, perhaps Father Time catching up with both? Surely not? In their place Bruno and Dispinzeri, those two are the Saints best so far And should crack the team.
Too play with club legend dougy in his 350th game mate well that’s what I was told
They are both getting on and form will slide yes but easily still in there best couple

Too play with club legend dougy in his 350th game mate well that’s what I was told
They are both getting on and form will slide yes but easily still in there best couple

Did hear the same thing SA. Told Tamar was injured and only played that game for Dougys 350th. Also agree with Padmore not moving if MV happen to win it. Spoke to his best mate who’s at Westy and said Padmore signed a 2 year contract at the start of this season.

Did hear the same thing SA. Told Tamar was injured and only played that game for Dougys 350th. Also agree with Padmore not moving if MV happen to win it. Spoke to his best mate who’s at Westy and said Padmore signed a 2 year contract at the start of this season.

it will be good when Tamar is back fit and firing in the ones. They need him in the middle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Burnside by 30
Coburg Districts by 60
Oak Park by 12
Hadfield by 200

morning all….blustery day, hopefully subsides in time for the seniors.

Burnside by 45 against Sunbury. They win this and I feel they will secure 4 th spot with the remainder of games to come.

Distrcts by 35. They will remain in third place. Saints should start planning for 2022.

Moonee V by 40 in the Grand Final preview. Valley just too good.

Haddy by 245, another club that will be planning for 2022, a few injuries have compromised them this year.

Hey Joey did you see the game? Will have a look at the footage when it comes through but scoreboard says bad kicking cost MV. Was told last night that wasn’t the case and OP were all over MV.

umfortunatelyi didn’t. I thought as you that bad kicking was the issue they even had more scoring shots, but Oak Park from what I’m told came out prepared and played good footy from the outset and MV really couldn’t get going. I was surprised though.
I still think MV will take it and this loss will galvanise them so perhaps it’s the loss they needed to have but full credit to Oak Park, full credit!

Weekend Report

I’ve decided to sit down and watch all the games to get my head fully around div 2 .

Northern Saints vs Coburg Districts
Districts were absolutely a step above the Saints they looked to skilled and well to drilled for the saints. Gleeson flexed his muscles a bit against a very small Northen saints defence but he proved how dominant he can be

Mooney Valley vs Oak Park
Oak park dominated and had the game on there terms for majority of the day they looked like the had studied the way the Fog play and shut down there outside run for most of the game. Taylor Hotchkin played an awesome game on Padmore and took his brilliance out of the game also Cronin played really well kicking 5 against a strong Fog defence

Burnside heights vs East Sunbury
Two sides who are fighting for a finals spot it was probably the best game of the round, East came out in top and have showed that they are the 4th best side in this comp and do deserve to play finals. First time watching Cooper McPharlane and can honestly say he is one of if not the most dangerous and damaging forward in the comp he’s a smaller key forward but is surprisingly so dominant in the air if he had kicked straight burnside would of got no where near them and burnside clearly realised that as they had to drop Fawcus back on him and play 2 defenders on him in the third quarter. Really impressed with the young kid and can confidently say he is my new favourite player in the comp.

Jacana vs Hadfield
All knew this was gonna be the outcome but can see that jacana have improved and do have some upside and have heard that they are going to be able to fill 2 sides next year which is a positive for the league

good coaching to understand that Padmore was a real danger. To match up on him him and cover him, was a Big factor in the win.

achilles heel for the Saints is their small backline.

East Sunbury are back!

good coaching to understand that Padmore was a real danger. To match up on him him and cover him, was a Big factor in the win.

achilles heel for the Saints is their small backline.

East Sunbury are back!

East Sunbury are the 4th best side ,but their last 4 games r the top 3 sides & a bye. So my money is on Burnside to be in the 4 at the end

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

East Sunbury are the 4th best side ,but their last 4 games r the top 3 sides & a bye. So my money is on Burnside to be in the 4 at the end

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

i do agree with that, I said it in a few posts previously. I’m enjoying how close a few teams are makes for an intriguing final last two spots. Apart from MV and OP at the top and Jacana and Saints at the bottom, everything in between has been great to watch on a weekly basis.

If no more games to decide finalists, Burnside will rue that last loss to East Sunbury. From 4th place to 3rd last ! Tragic for them. They had a decent run home.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back