EDFL Div 2 discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

I am sure you could take legal action and have it nullified.

When your hand is forced to signing something under duress (sign and you can keep your job, sign and we will pick you to play, etc.), the contract can be declared null and void.
How the hell did Local Footy get to where we are , having to "sign" players each year to play... Majority of Local clubs are crying out for volunteers, Why would anyone commit to hours upon hours a week to help run a club for a bunch of individuals who are all for themselves? We are told this generation are different and we just need to accept that.... I for one don't accept it... For all those Club Presidents , committee members and volunteers I take my hat off to you.... Players - how many of you call the Footy Op's volunteer at your club and make it easy for him to get the bloody thing signed , I'm tipping not many.. And the kicker is most of those players are duds , ordinary local football players...

Surely he wasn’t alone in being unsigned. So the likes of Prestia, Libba, McKernan we’re given same ultimatum?
Shouldn’t have different rules for some.

Everyone should be able to sign when there ready.
With the others you have mentioned, they have not signed, poor Salv being young was bullied into signing - something the league should look at, this is really a bad image for the league by Tulla. I hope they go to Sh^& next season. I hope Salv leaves best thing for him now as he has an avenue out of his contract

With the others you have mentioned, they have not signed, poor Salv being young was bullied into signing - something the league should look at, this is really a bad image for the league by Tulla. I hope they go to Sh^& next season. I hope Salv leaves best thing for him now as he has an avenue out of his contract
He left Taylor’s Lakes to play a higher grade. If he wanted out after one year, he should have sucked it up and told them he isn’t signing. If the club then decided not to play him, so be it. At the end of the day, Tulla didn’t have great depth in the threes, so I doubt they would have dropped him from the side and compromised their finals series.

But I agree with the previous comment, if players are leaving next season, the club shouldn’t feel bad about not playing someone. They should always do what’s best for the club, and players should always do what’s best for themselves.

4 A.2 The Local Rules applying with respect to the ‘Australian Football League National Player Transfer Regulations’ for players transferring between affiliated Clubs within the EDFL are as follows;

(i) No more than two players per age group will be permitted to be transferred from an affiliated Club to another affiliated Club unless both affiliated Clubs consent to this number being exceeded;
Yes- As long as both clubs agree and transfer some cash $$$$ over. Keilor Park took 12+ Players from East Keilor a couple of years back and a few more a year later- costly exercise especially when a few of them left & went over to WRFL without playing a game during COVID. You will always have poaching when a new appointment is made - at the end of the day - the final decision will always rest with the player choosing where to go. No one can force anyone or threaten any player with non-selection - the signed contract will be thrown out in 2 sec..

Hearing Bears are chasing Covelli want him back next year
I guess they would but word on the street is his staying at Hillside. Why would he drop to div2 after an exceptional year. Wouldn’t be surprised if a few premier league clubs had a crack at him.

I guess they would but word on the street is his staying at Hillside. Why would he drop to div2 after an exceptional year. Wouldn’t be surprised if a few premier league clubs had a crack at him.
Yeah agreed. Covelli is in the running for the league medal. He had a great year. Can’t see him going back to division 2, but if I was burnside I would be doing everything to try to get him back as well.

A lot of people doubted him. Good on him for going up a division and proving all the doubters wrong.

Haha
No chance, heard from a good authority that he has signed at Hillside, apparently announcement pending! why would he take a step back! Isn’t it a new era at the Bears??

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

East Sunbury obviously Kite coaching.

Shylo Smith who will kill Div 2 on board and Blair Cronin i believe too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any player movement for KP? not hearing much noise on there trek up to Div1
I’m hearing they had 2-3 of the older guys retire, but have been actively recruiting. They are obviously a few weeks behind other clubs as their season finished only 2 weeks ago. They believe in their system and believe in their players with a young squad. They will be looking to add a few top end players but think they will be competitive as is. Time will tell. 90% from the senior and reserves grand final teams have resigned already.

I’m hearing they had 2-3 of the older guys retire, but have been actively recruiting. They are obviously a few weeks behind other clubs as their season finished only 2 weeks ago. They believe in their system and believe in their players with a young squad. They will be looking to add a few top end players but think they will be competitive as is. Time will tell. 90% from the senior and reserves grand final teams have resigned already.
has costello resigned ?

I’m hearing of a mass walk out of players from Sunbury kangaroos. Some players don’t wanna play Div 2 and there are some that don’t like the appointment of the new coach they believe that a club legend should have been given the job.

I’m hearing of a mass walk out of players from Sunbury kangaroos. Some players don’t wanna play Div 2 and there are some that don’t like the appointment of the new coach they believe that a club legend should have been given the job.

shame if it’s true, but if it is, a huge relief to Div 2 clubs as they would dominate the season.

Maybe they can swap with 10-15 players from KP - Hearing a lot of those guys don't want to go up as most of that squad have come from Division 1 Ressies. Even though quite a few have re-signed , it would be interesting to see who actually plays. New committee, new president, new direction and most likely meeting some of the top teams ( West Coburg, Glenroy & Tulla) in the first few rounds - what a massacre that will be !

Maybe they can swap with 10-15 players from KP - Hearing a lot of those guys don't want to go up as most of that squad have come from Division 1 Ressies. Even though quite a few have re-signed , it would be interesting to see who actually plays. New committee, new president, new direction and most likely meeting some of the top teams ( West Coburg, Glenroy & Tulla) in the first few rounds - what a massacre that will be !
Not exactly true! Name those leaving KP??

Im hearing it’s only getting bigger at KP. Stand by!!

so it could be a bad return to Div 1 for KP if this is the way its goes, will be really disappointing if it heads this way, why a new committee?? they have done such a good job, they should stick around and help the club cement themselves in Div1

so it could be a bad return to Div 1 for KP if this is the way its goes, will be really disappointing if it heads this way, why a new committee?? they have done such a good job, they should stick around and help the club cement themselves in Div1
The committee hasn’t left just trying to get some new faces and good time to look around to see who might want to jump on board.

A few retirements at Kangas.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back