EDFL Div 2 discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Walked the dog this arvo past Mutton Reserve, looks like the rooms are going up quick. They look to be change rooms facing each ground. it will look good once done, but council skimping on things. They could have extended the under cover for shade and protection from rain. Ground looks in great shoe. Looks to be a good sporting precinct with up to 5 different sports in close proximity of each other

Walked the dog this arvo past Mutton Reserve, looks like the rooms are going up quick. They look to be change rooms facing each ground. it will look good once done, but council skimping on things. They could have extended the under cover for shade and protection from rain. Ground looks in great shoe. Looks to be a good sporting precinct with up to 5 different sports in close proximity of each other
We were there this weekend and thought the same thing. Ground looks great but the build might be going a bit too quickly. As soon as we got back to the car I started to Google what the actual Council plans were. Fingers crossed they get it done properly in the end. This area needs proper precincts to house different sports with playgrounds for the littlies who are also there.

We were there this weekend and thought the same thing. Ground looks great but the build might be going a bit too quickly. As soon as we got back to the car I started to Google what the actual Council plans were. Fingers crossed they get it done properly in the end. This area needs proper precincts to house different sports with playgrounds for the littlies who are also there.

yeah exactly, agree with you…I’ve been to many grounds over the years and mutton Reserve has a very quaint feel about it, not sure if you agree, but when council look after the area it looks great, and great to see so many young people and kids utilising the area.

Hearing that there may not be promotion in 2023 on Div 2 as a direct result of the unbelievable decision to allow st Albans and Deer Park into Div 1 making it a 12 team comp.
Plan is to relegate 1 team from Div 1 to make Div 2 a 10 team comp.
Premier -10
Div 1 - 11
Div 2.- 10

Seems like it’s time for the Div 2 clubs to join forces with Div 1 clubs and some premier clubs and ask the league for an explanation!

Strange times indeed

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Hearing that there may not be promotion in 2023 on Div 2 as a direct result of the unbelievable decision to allow st Albans and Deer Park into Div 1 making it a 12 team comp.
Premier -10
Div 1 - 11
Div 2.- 10

Seems like it’s time for the Div 2 clubs to join forces with Div 1 clubs and some premier clubs and ask the league for an explanation!

Strange times indeed

I heard there will be 2 years of 2 teams getting relegated in Div 1.

Currently:
Prem = 10 teams
Div 1 = 12 teams
Div 2 = 8 teams

After two years of 2 teams getting relegated it will be 10, 10, 10

I heard there will be 2 years of 2 teams getting relegated in Div 1.

Currently:
Prem = 10 teams
Div 1 = 12 teams
Div 2 = 8 teams

After two years of 2 teams getting relegated it will be 10, 10, 10
If I’m understanding correctly that means no team promoted from Div2 for 2 straight seasons.

No his saying 1 up and 2 down. That’s fair I reckon..
Everyone is missing the alternate possibility and the EDFL”s insurance policy by adding 2 teams, is that 2 teams will not survive this season.
Look back at recent history that 3 clubs have failed to list senior teams, the EDFL loses up to 80 players not registering and also the clubs license fees, it’s business after all and the leagues overheads do not disappear when a club does.

Premier -10
Div 1 - 11
Div 2.- 10

Strange times indeed

So we have the possibility of 2 clubs entering the EDFL in 2023. There has been no communication from the CEO or Board to the EDFL clubs about what was communicated to the prospective new clubs. How can the EDFL clubs prepare for the future when our parent body has no idea. We are 6 weeks from pre season and 6 months from the first bounce. If any of what has been suggested on BF is correct then it just shows the lack of respect the CEO and Board have for the existing clubs. Do the prospective new clubs know what the future is? Surely they haven’t agreed to join a competition where they don’t know the rules of engagement?
It might be time for the clubs to knock on someone’s door and say thanks for your service however your time is up.
The clubs are the ultimate decision makers, the board is elected to BEST represent the EDFL Clubs.

So we have the possibility of 2 clubs entering the EDFL in 2023. There has been no communication from the CEO or Board to the EDFL clubs about what was communicated to the prospective new clubs. How can the EDFL clubs prepare for the future when our parent body has no idea. We are 6 weeks from pre season and 6 months from the first bounce. If any of what has been suggested on BF is correct then it just shows the lack of respect the CEO and Board have for the existing clubs. Do the prospective new clubs know what the future is? Surely they haven’t agreed to join a competition where they don’t know the rules of engagement?
It might be time for the clubs to knock on someone’s door and say thanks for your service however your time is up.
The clubs are the ultimate decision makers, the board is elected to BEST represent the EDFL Clubs.

most clubs don’t have the stomach to challenge, and even then when push comes to shove, it’s only huff n puff

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wonder what would happen if the EDFL clubs don't want them in, AFL Victoria says for them to go back to the WRFL, but the WRFL clubs don't want them back and try and send it to a vote.

Would the Geelong & District league come and save them? Bahahaha

I reckon St Albans would have a better chance than Deer Park if only one club was able to go across.

Last edited:
Wonder what would happen if the EDFL clubs don't want them in, AFL Victoria says for them to go back to the WRFL, but the WRFL clubs don't want them back and try and send it to a vote.

Would the Geelong & District league come and save them? Bahahaha

I reckon St Albans would have a better chance than Deer Park if only one club was able to go across.
WRFL has come out and formally opposed both clubs joining EDFL. Refer to local leader article released today.

It’s now up to both Clubs and the EDFL to lodge an appeal to AFL Vic. If an appeal is lodged by either party, AFL Vic will make the call.

WRFL has come out and formally opposed both clubs joining EDFL. Refer to local leader article released today.

It’s now up to both Clubs and the EDFL to lodge an appeal to AFL Vic. If an appeal is lodged by either party, AFL Vic will make the call.
Let’s hope for the integrity of all 3 EDFL divisions that AFL Vic deny these two clubs entry into the EDFL.

This may force the EDFL stakeholders to action change at the top of its governing body as it’s clearly making decisions for the benefit of its board not its members, the clubs!!

Last edited:
Good news for the club, really need to keep these type of guys to get back on the right track, good luck to them in 2023
I actually thought they were off to Haddy. Wow…big news for the club though. Talented players and really good blokes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back