EDFL Div 2 discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

happens every couple of years, rabble club, either need a complete clean out or fold the club!

that’s not nice, but they have lost their way the last few years. Losing their best and young players along with good administrators surely some people need to stand up and do something. I used to enjoy watching the footy at mutton, was great atmospher, not now undortuantely. i heard the president now ex president was virtually kicked out after the coburg district game at mutton reserve. Is that what happened , Is this what you are referring to?

that’s not nice, but they have lost their way the last few years. Losing their best and young players along with good administrators surely some people need to stand up and do something. I used to enjoy watching the footy at mutton, was great atmospher, not now undortuantely. i heard the president now ex president was virtually kicked out after the coburg district game at mutton reserve. Is that what happened , Is this what you are referring to?

by the way they used to do an awesome barbie, one of the blokes on the barbie was a huge guy, ex player, don’t know his name, but a great fellow, in fact they all were.

Thats what happens when you let the tail wag the dog

Would have to think both these guys would be good for 40+ goals
East Sunbury were a quality side but the year can hurt them badly. A lot of the guys that played there have gone to other clubs. They need to try to get as many back as possible to help shylo and kitey. Ogilvie was a gun. I’m not sure where he is playing now but if he comes back that’s another biggg inclusion.

Not hearing much out of burnside. May be focussing on young 18yo’ considering their whole coaching panel are u18 coaches ! Would be interesting to see who they end up recruiting! One would hope that the new era works for them, as hearing teams around them recruiting quite well!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I’m hearing some big news is coming out of Jacana with Chris Johnson’s son set to play there next season and possibly paddy Ryder as playing coach.

Not hearing much out of burnside. May be focussing on young 18yo’ considering their whole coaching panel are u18 coaches ! Would be interesting to see who they end up recruiting! One would hope that the new era works for them, as hearing teams around them recruiting quite well!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Maybe the ex Northern 18”s coach is going there, saw they are advertising for a new 18”s coach.
How can a coach take a team to the GF and then not get the job the following year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m hearing of a mass walk out of players from Sunbury kangaroos. Some players don’t wanna play Div 2 and there are some that don’t like the appointment of the new coach they believe that a club legend should have been given the job.
Not the first time this has happened with SK. Some of these blokes need to trust the brains trust of the club instead of threatening to leave all the time. If they do leave it probably won’t be that big of a deal they have lots of good talent coming through from the under 18.5s. Hope everyone had a good GF weekend cheers 👍🏼

He would have been a good signing for Jacana, high profile to generate some media hype and maybe get more players to the club.
They would need t field at least 3 teams this year to keep the resurgence going.

It might have been a good get but they will need more just Ryder and 3 teams to keep resurgence going they need a good junior and up to u18s program. Which will be hard to attract good kids as they have west meadows 5 mins away who have worked very hard on their junior program and are now starting reap the benefit's at senior level for both the men and women

Fishing for info, there name keeps coming up at the EDFL and there seems to be a lot of talk again, there FB page shows they are signing new players but have advertised for coaches again so has the coaching revolving door kept swinging?

Last edited:
Fishing for info, there name keeps coming up at the EDFL and there seems to be a lot of talk again, there FB page shows they are signing new players but have advertised for coaches again so has the coaching revolving door kept swinging?
Why threaten umpires especially when we all know there is a shortage. Some of these people think they are tough but in fact cowards. Hate hearing this behaviour.

Hearing KP are having issues attracting new players and signing current players, sounds like it might be a yo-yo year in 2023

Hearing KP are having issues attracting new players and signing current players, sounds like it might be a yo-yo year in 2023
That would be disappointing. Such a great result for the club this year. Hopefully a few change their minds and stay after a tough couple of years. I was down there a few times this year and the atmosphere was great.

Hey mate, ultimately all clubs in every division are having issues recruiting players. It’s a trend post covid and hasn’t really picked up tbh. Hold what your have and top up with a couple. Keep in mind KP were well above div2 this year and clearly the best side by a fair margin.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back