EDFL Div 2 discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Any one know whats happening with Jacana? Hope they make it through the season.

Have seen some of their better players have signed for clubs like east sunbury and coburg districts.

They got a few players from Tullamarine who previously played there and those players managed to convince a few others to follow them

who are the other players that followed?

I see they have recruited a big ruckman from the WRFL. Big solid fellow. does he go well if anyone knows?

Trikilos
Bruno, dispenzeri (previously played there).

Rumoured potentially a few others

that’s interesting…hopefully Northern can do well and attract others to play and watch, it’s been dismal the last few years, but do hope they can get back on track and get some of their ol faithful back to the club.

im surprised Bernardo isn’t back the bloke was Fawkner through and through..will he be making a return?

that’s interesting…hopefully Northern can do well and attract others to play and watch, it’s been dismal the last few years, but do hope they can get back on track and get some of their ol faithful back to the club.

im surprised Bernardo isn’t back the bloke was Fawkner through and through..will he be making a return?
Could be a few more. A few want out of tulla because the mew coach apppointment. Wouldnt be surprised

good on them but they need a strong committee so they run the club not the players .the players have been allowed to have to much say over the last few years .as long as the tail wags the dog and not the dog waging the tail you are always going to end up in a S&*T fight

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Isn’t it 2 max per age group? Unless clubs agree???

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yeh it is.

Hillside will definitely want something to clear that many mostly young blokes that are from Coles 18s side i believe.

Hits the youth hard if that many do go seems they also lost their best Junior to Keilor in Keighton Matofai-Forbes.

That kid can seriously play, wouldn't shock me at all to see him get a run in the ones down there at some stage.

Oak park will win the flag easy, there is no way they cant win it. Have been stuck in this div for 3-4 years and barley lose a game.

Have been unlucky with moonee valley going up on percentage during a covid year and the fact that keilor park paid way outside the salary cap to buy a flag in 2022

Oak park will win the flag easy, there is no way they cant win it. Have been stuck in this div for 3-4 years and barley lose a game.

Have been unlucky with moonee valley going up on percentage during a covid year and the fact that keilor park paid way outside the salary cap to buy a flag in 2022
Paid way outside the cap? Explain how. Not sure they are that well off $$$ wise.

Paid way outside the cap? Explain how. Not sure they are that well off
Paid way outside the cap? Explain how. Not sure they are that well off $$$ wise.
Not making finals and being pretty average in the previous years before 2022, to recruiting significantly better than edfl div 2 standard players. The recruited players from div 1 and premier and ended up with 4 senior mens sides. A lot of cash going under the table is the only reasonable conclusion to their recruiting of many higher quality players.

I think Sunbury kangas will give them a run. But who knows it’s a long season. It would be cool to see 2 kangaroos sides in a granny lol

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Mate 2 of there better players were 1 pointers in Castello & Kempster and playing for way unders. Cavka was helping the coach and knew a few players but he is probably one that was recruited to get them back up higher. Others were not your “big” name players that you refer to. Anyway let’s give them credit for coming back after recess and winning it. Would be rare to see this happening and nothing but respect for those involved. Would have been bloody hard.

Mate 2 of there better players were 1 pointers in Castello & Kempster and playing for way unders. Cavka was helping the coach and knew a few players but he is probably one that was recruited to get them back up higher. Others were not your “big” name players that you refer to. Anyway let’s give them credit for coming back after recess and winning it. Would be rare to see this happening and nothing but respect for those involved. Would have been bloody hard.

You might be right about Castello & Kempster but Cavka was on $1000+ a game plus sign on, ridiculous for Div.2.
I know of a premier reserves player that went there for $400 a game and a couple from Taylor’s Lakes and EK that were all $400-$500 a game. Don’t kid yourself Turbo, good on them I say, but think you might be looking over with one eye!
They would have comfortably exceeded the Div.2 cap and will still be a fair way off the pace in div.1. Relegation battle could be hot

You might be right about Castello & Kempster but Cavka was on $1000+ a game plus sign on, ridiculous for Div.2.
I know of a premier reserves player that went there for $400 a game and a couple from Taylor’s Lakes and EK that were all $400-$500 a game. Don’t kid yourself Turbo, good on them I say, but think you might be looking over with one eye!
They would have comfortably exceeded the Div.2 cap and will still be a fair way off the pace in div.1. Relegation battle could be hot
Div 1 is a mess this year anyway

Well that’s probably fair for Cavka. If you were involved and had the opportunity to get him I’m sure you jump at it. The others you mentioned if true is pretty common in div2 mate. Getting Kempster to stay and then recruiting Castello was a great base and a huge advantage for a div2 club. Both playing for well under what they could get elsewhere.

Well that’s probably fair for Cavka. If you were involved and had the opportunity to get him I’m sure you jump at it. The others you mentioned if true is pretty common in div2 mate. Getting Kempster to stay and then recruiting Castello was a great base and a huge advantage for a div2 club. Both playing for well under what they could get elsewhere.
So Cavka was paid $1000 for the round 4 game against Jacana where they won by 40 goals - If this is true, probably explains why clubs fold based on decisions like this - The Cap is $70k in this division - which averages out to $198 per player per game. It is set at this rate for a reason. KP spent well over $100k on players in 2022 - very interested to see how their numbers are this year - I doubt they will have 2 thirds teams -if a thirds team at all. Their biggest challenge will be to win 3-4 games and stay up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back