EDFL Div 2 discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Wouldn’t think coburg districts would like the require less time comment. If any club is desperate to get out of Div 2 it’s districts. Come from the WRFL thinking they should be straight in Div 1 and what some 10 years later still in Div 2. When they come across they had no juniors now could be considered one of the better junior clubs going around. Stay any longer in Div 2 and the kids coming up won’t want to play senior footy in that comp.
Dont know where you get your information from but Coburg was always going into Div 2, no mention of going into DIV 1 from EDFL or from Coburg

Dont know where you get your information from but Coburg was always going into Div 2, no mention of going into DIV 1 from EDFL or from Coburg

what he means is that the club has wallowed in Div 2 since they came across, expecting a quick promotion to Div 1. It’s been a long slog, but in the meantime they’ve done well to build their junior ranks from nothing, considering they are very close to clubs such as Paco and Glenroy they’ve done well in this regard.

Northern saints signing AFL draft prospect Isaac Kako from Pascoe vale

Attachments

• IMG_6130.jpeg
    IMG_6130.jpeg
    308.6 KB · Views: 100

Good on northern, my prediction had them at the lower end might be off on that one.

East announced some experienced players today, much needed for them.

Sunbury continue to announce signings will be right around the top for mine. Noticed they haven’t announced Magin yet and even young watts both team of year.

Hadfield as mentioned previously have done what was needed.

Haven’t seen or heard much from the other team as yet.

See a bit is on social media in terms of transfers and resignings for northen saints, sunbury power, SK, Hadfield.

Anyone know if much is going on for glenroy, coburg districts, westmeadows and burnside?

Cant wait for the season to start 😂😂. Div 2 will be an interesting comp.

See a bit is on social media in terms of transfers and resignings for northen saints, sunbury power, SK, Hadfield.

Anyone know if much is going on for glenroy, coburg districts, westmeadows and burnside?

I was at the cricket last weekend and heard that westy are not going out recruiting too much relying on their young talent to develop and trying to stay with in a very tight budget

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As soon as i made this comment. Glenroy have signed 3 players and resigned a few. Same with districts in terms of player resignings

Good to see some clubs getting some signings. TL announced four players during week. three were past EK premiership players the post say, last year at North Footscray.

Coburg look to be starting to announce players, assume the players were waiting on a coaching announcement

Glenroy with a few signings, not sure the quality of the players but good to see some sign up.

Sunbury with a couple more, Murphy be very handy and good to see young watts has signed back up.

Gotta love the silly season

Good to see some clubs getting some signings. TL announced four players during week. three were past EK premiership players the post say, last year at North Footscray.

Coburg look to be starting to announce players, assume the players were waiting on a coaching announcement

Glenroy with a few signings, not sure the quality of the players but good to see some sign up.

Sunbury with a couple more, Murphy be very handy and good to see young watts has signed back up.

Gotta love the silly season

TL flag favourites by a fair margin

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

TL flag favourites by a fair margin

Are the players TL signed that good?

Just interested why you think it’s a fair margin. Sunbury beat them in final and have recruited quite a few, had a couple retire though I would have thought that would be a good contest.

Glenroy and westy would still be very competitive too. Northern seem to be keeping their list and adding a few

Think it’s looking like a good even competition again.

Are the players TL signed that good?

Just interested why you think it’s a fair margin. Sunbury beat them in final and have recruited quite a few, had a couple retire though I would have thought that would be a good contest.

Glenroy and westy would still be very competitive too. Northern seem to be keeping their list and adding a few

Think it’s looking like a good even competition again.

I tend to agree. I don’t believe there will be too much separating teams like Taylor’s, Westy, Northern, Districts on their day, Sunbury and even Bursnide. Not sure about Glenroy just yet, not sure they will be that strong. Ofcourse, the addition of a couple of classy players to any of these teams in the division can create a significant advantage, it’s that close, so recruitment for specific needs will be crucial. Too early to tell just yet, into the start of 2023 most people had Northern near the bottom, if not last, but the addition of a few players can change things quickly. This is so for many of the teams in this Div given its competitiveness.

I tend to agree. I don’t believe there will be too much separating teams like Taylor’s, Westy, Northern, Districts on their day, Sunbury and even Bursnide. Not sure about Glenroy just yet, not sure they will be that strong. Ofcourse, the addition of a couple of classy players to any of these teams in the division can create a significant advantage, it’s that close, so recruitment for specific needs will be crucial. Too early to tell just yet, into the start of 2023 most people had Northern near the bottom, if not last, but the addition of a few players can change things quickly. This is so for many of the teams in this Div given its competitiveness.

If Magin signs on wjth Sunbury I think they will be very hard to beat. Will be another great year, let’s hope Glenroy East and Hadfeild can be competitive

If Magin signs on wjth Sunbury I think they will be very hard to beat. Will be another great year, let’s hope Glenroy East and Hadfeild can be competitive

Agreed, starting to wonder if he has left seeing hasn’t been announced yet.

Did see they announced lachy muir another good get for sunbury.

Think the issue will be how many quality 1 pointers they lost from their grand final side.

It’s easy to recruit with $$ however still have the challenge of keeping their points under the correct amount.

Seen it time and time again at different clubs since the points system came out. Clubs go out and recruit big and can’t fit all their 4 pointers in the side each week and then loose a few before clearance
Cut off date.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back