EDFL Division 1 - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 players won't replace the 6-10 they could lose. They will need to recruit a few to cover what they're losing,

The blokes I know at the club are quite happy these guys are leaving
I know 2 players won't replace 10 but there will inevitably be other signings too. If as you say that people are happy with these departures they'll have a more united side which will only help the Saints.

I know 2 players won't replace 10 but there will inevitably be other signings too. If as you say that people are happy with these departures they'll have a more united side which will only help the Saints.

Very true... Culture there has been very very average the last 2 years

Contract won't be hard to get out of, especially when you're talking about an ex-afl player wanting to play A Grade. Brooks will decide between Hoppers (big $) and Paco, where he IS doing a pre-season.
Pissed talk on a footy trip is a lot different to reality. Barry is not doing a preseason at paco

I honestly believe that if Taylors Lakes make the finals next year, they will be the team to beat. APW was obviously too strong for them all year ( may have been intemedation and just the psychological battle they would have had with themselves to get over them ) but they are not afraid of anyone. Come finals time, I think they will go a long way having learnt from this years performances.

My prediction (and it's only my prediction) is
1.Craigieburn
2.Taylors Lakes
3.West Coburg
4.Northern Saints
5.Glenroy
6.Hadfield
7.Tullamarine
8.West Meadows

My Prediction :
1. West Coburg
2. Northern Saints
3. Taylors Lakes
4. Craigieburn
5. Tullamarine
6. Hadfield
7. Glenroy
8. Westmeadows

My prediction:
1. Northern Saints
2. Craigieburn
3. Taylors Lakes
4. West Coburg
5. Glenroy
6. Hadfield
7. Tullamarine
8. Westmeadows

Just want to say well done to everyone at the league, North West FM & the rest of the call team on getting the EDFL short-listed for an AFL Victoria media award for best match-day coverage.

The previously VCFL-only awards were expanded to include metro comps this year and the short-list is: One FM 98.5 (Goulburn Valley), Inner FM (VAFA), Fresh FM (Bendigo FL), 3WAY FM (Hampden FL) and North West FM 98.9 (EDFL)

You can hear the nomination submitted (with clips from all three divisions) here:

& longer highlights from various games (including premier grand final with vision) at www.youtube.com/guntp

Can anyone tell me the set up with the fixture for div 1 next year? Only 8 teams, so play against 7 sides twice is only 14 games surely wont be that short a season? Will u have to play 3 or 4 teams 3 times to fill in the season!!?

I guess if the AFL can get away with lopsided fixturing...
The difference is that the bottom side at the end of the season in the EDFL gets relegated to Div 2 and the team that wins the Premiership in Div 1 gets promoted to Premier Division. AFL do not have relegation and promotion so not as important. If EDFL wants to make this as fair as possible with only 8 teams and retaining 17 rounds, then the top 3 teams of season 2012 after Airport West plus Craigieburn play each other 3 times and the bottom 4 teams play each other 3 times.

The difference is that the bottom side at the end of the season in the EDFL gets relegated to Div 2 and the team that wins the Premiership in Div 1 gets promoted to Premier Division. AFL do not have relegation and promotion so not as important. If EDFL wants to make this as fair as possible with only 8 teams and retaining 17 rounds, then the top 3 teams of season 2012 after Airport West plus Craigieburn play each other 3 times and the bottom 4 teams play each other 3 times.
This is always a lopsided situation and NEVER will it 100% fair unless all teams play each other equal times. The above scenerio gives advantage to the lesser sides eg:
Your Scenerio After R-14 would be
1-Sides 1>4 will play each other with the losers dropping games (Top seeded teams)
2-Sides 5>8 will play each other with the winners gaining valuable points and would overtake the mid order sides (This system seems not fair as you are NOT LOOKING AFTER the top seeded teams?)

How about after all teams play each other twice and then a new fixture is formed and some credit is then given to the top 4 teams by ladder position after R14 by playing the bottom seeded teams FOR THE REMAINING 3 ROUNDS (Set it up like a quafilying series)
eg:
1st placed plays 8th 7th 6th
2nd placed plays 7th 6th 5th
3rd placed plays 6th 5th 4th
4th placed plays 5th 6th 7th
This can be tweaked up when worked through to the desired format?

this might sound like a silly idea but,

What about 21 games in season 2013? start the season a bit earlier...

Shorten the quarters, by 1 or 2 mins?

Players may not like it, would be good for clubs with a few more home games $$

The jump to Premier Division is a big one and a few more games in Division 1 wouldn't hurt in my opinion

just an idea

(Log in to remove this ad.)

this might sound like a silly idea but,

What about 21 games in season 2013? start the season a bit earlier...

Shorten the quarters, by 1 or 2 mins?

Players may not like it, would be good for clubs with a few more home games $$

The jump to Premier Division is a big one and a few more games in Division 1 wouldn't hurt in my opinion

just an idea
Is there still 2 new sides going into c grade? If so the edfl should of put the two from the div 2 grand final back to div 1. Therefore premier an an div 1 have ten teams for an even 18 game season playing eachother twice, an 6 teams in div 2, play eacother 3 times for a 15 game season, until more clubs enter the league. All 3 divisions would be perfectly fair and the ladder at the end of season would be accurate and fair. If u didnt make finals u couldnt blame a harsher draw which u currently can

Is there still 2 new sides going into c grade? If so the edfl should of put the two from the div 2 grand final back to div 1. Therefore premier an an div 1 have ten teams for an even 18 game season playing eachother twice, an 6 teams in div 2, play eacother 3 times for a 15 game season, until more clubs enter the league. All 3 divisions would be perfectly fair and the ladder at the end of season would be accurate and fair. If u didnt make finals u couldnt blame a harsher draw which u currently can
Hey Bissa3
Please do us all a favour and stand for the board
That answer for the fixture is the most obvious,fairest,easiest and rational suggestion
Thats why it wont happen !!!

When you get on the board ask them what they would think if the Essendon District Football League had a board member that was sponsoring and supporting a rival competition and a club within that rival competition.

When you get on the board ask them what they would think if the Essendon District Football League had a board member that was sponsoring and supporting a rival competition and a club within that rival competition.

Sounds like a conflict of interest mate, many on here (including me) are not privy to who or what you are referring to... can you fill us in jack?

Although,
If true, to me; it seems like this "person/s" best interests are in local football, which is only a good thing for local leagues imo.

We all love footy in the end :footy:

Hi all.

Whittlesea Football Club are looking for an opponent for practice matches on Saturday March 23 next year.

Our home ground (Whittlesea Showgrounds) is available, and we would like matches for all 3 teams.

We are in Division 2 in 2013, after being in Division 1 the previous 2 seasons.

If you are interested please flick me an email - jarrad_carey@hotmail.com

Cheers!

Sounds like a conflict of interest mate, many on here (including me) are not privy to who or what you are referring to... can you fill us in jack?

Although,
If true, to me; it seems like this "person/s" best interests are in local football, which is only a good thing for local leagues imo.

We all love footy in the end :footy:
He'd be referring to Glenn Allison, who's on the EDFL board & buying half of Marby's side to play for him at Deer Park.

He'd be referring to Glenn Allison, who's on the EDFL board & buying half of Marby's side to play for him at Deer Park.

Ta Bluejet :thumbsu:

Well, That is Piss Poor and is quite questionable
he's on the EDFL Board ?

What's he do for Deer Park?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back