EDFL Division 1 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Craigieburn drop their first game today. Was always gonna be a hard game with at least 5 top players out due to injury and 1 ridiculous report.

On another note how burns got best on for tulla is beyond me. And the umpires are an absolute disgrace
Couldn't agree with you more without a doubt Burns was not best on ground you only had to be there to no that he was clearly 2nd BOG

Go the Turbo...lol.. you got a soft spot for Hillside have you pal?!!

Who do you support in the EDFL other than Paco! (Prem div) Lol...and Keilor Park(Div 2)..?

Seems like you love local footy which is great, but you are all over the place chief..lol.. So which one Ol' Turbs?;)
Don't forget Williamstown snax. Poor Turbo imagine the dilemma he faces every Saturday morning when he goes into his closet and looks at his multi coloured shirt rack which team will I support today?? My tip is he will be donning the red and black for today. Gotta love the passion Ol' Turbo :thumbsu:

Far out I've had a good day boys.
Collingwood
Willy
Pacco
Hillside
Keilor Park

All winners & underdogs (bar Willy).

Time to rest up now!! Lol

Im not a big tulla fan bit like how turbo is with craigieburn but they were very impressive yday. I thought craigieburn had enough inside 50s in the last to mount a comeback but as they did all day the tulla defence played close checking football well supported by the mids keeping cloke robertson and fletcher goal less. All three were soundly beaten by there direct opponents.

Im not a big tulla fan bit like how turbo is with craigieburn but they were very impressive yday. I thought craigieburn had enough inside 50s in the last to mount a comeback but as they did all day the tulla defence played close checking football well supported by the mids keeping cloke robertson and fletcher goal less. All three were soundly beaten by there direct opponents.

How was the ground Willo?? Seems like Tulla just got CB at a good time. Hearing Tulla are pretty much at full strength unlike what other people are saying..

How was the ground Willo?? Seems like Tulla just got CB at a good time. Hearing Tulla are pretty much at full strength unlike what other people are saying..
Not bad knick wouldn't get the traffic of other clubs like hillside with a large amount of junior sides training and playing

Tulla have a great defense arguably the best in the comp

No chance Windside has the harder draw than OP Winside will miss out by 1 game or percentage only. Either way a good side will miss such is the evenness of this comp

You could be right outback. But What if Tulla get beat by Oak Park and Hillside. It's a possibility that Tulla could miss out. Interesting last few games.
Think Craigieburn having so many players missing last week has probably helped Tulla otherwise they would have been in big trouble I think.

I
You could be right outback. But What if Tulla get beat by Oak Park and Hillside. It's a possibility that Tulla could miss out. Interesting last few games.
Think Craigieburn having so many players missing last week has probably helped Tulla otherwise they would have been in big trouble I think.
I think Westy are in danger of missing. Still have to play Tulla and craigieburn and are 1 game in front of op and hillside. worst thing is it's the last 2 games of the year

I

I think Westy are in danger of missing. Still have to play Tulla and craigieburn and are 1 game in front of op and hillside. worst thing is it's the last 2 games of the year

Yeah % might save them as they are a fair way in front of the others.

Tulla still have oak park away , hillside at home and Westy away.

As someone else said whoever misses will be stiff

A lot of ifs n buts n maybes in that statement

I

All good points lads but surely not Westy? Knowitall your overview has some credit i like the way you have put it out there.
CB, Tulla, Westy, OP for mine in no particular order HS stiff. They will lament the Lakes and Haddy losses on mad Monday

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There were good people there that not only hit the club a flag but persisted when the current "good people" started undermining them until it was untenable.
Good people everywhere mate, A grade was a big ask for such a young club like yours imo. Not sure if the club was ready for it if you ask me, in no way am I having a dip at your club..although you keep having digs at them on Bigfooty for all to see. Poor form if you ask me because people come and go from clubs and clubs will always be there so personal issues with a person/s is between them. Both may have moved on to other clubs?
A club as a whole doesn't deserve to be slighted because of one persons opinion or disagreements.
I like alot of people down there, Fawkner people and bops people and I am sure many would agree with me, I dont seperate them at all and no one I know down their does.
Why would you.. It is one club mate:thumbsu:

A 3 to 4 year plan with everyone on board, not just the same people because they get fed up and worn out. Need to blood new people to get on board so legends can step back and enjoy the hard work.

A good Coach....and some good sponsors, even though it is a new club with good footballers it would have been attainable for sustained success in premier div if everyone was on the same page imo.
A perfect example >West Coburg
Digby Morrell

Good people find a way to work with those they don't always agree with!

Couldn't agree more mate:thumbsu:

:footy::footy:

Last edited:
Good people everywhere mate, A grade was a big ask for such a young club like yours imo. Not sure if the club was ready for it if you ask me, in no way am I having a dip at your club..although you keep having digs at them on Bigfooty for all to see. Poor form if you ask me because people come and go from clubs and clubs will always be there so personal issues with a person/s is between them. Both may have moved on to other clubs?
A club as a whole doesn't deserve to be slighted because of one persons opinion or disagreements.
I like alot of people down there, Fawkner people and bops people and I am sure many would agree with me, I dont seperate them at all and no one I know down their does.

A 3 to 4 year plan with everyone on board, not just the same people because they get fed up and worn out. Need to blood new people to get on board so legends can step back and enjoy the hard work.

A good Coach....and some good sponsors, even though it is a new club with good footballers it would have been attainable for sustained success in premier div if everyone was on the same page imo.
Digby Morrell

Well said mate

There
No chance Windside has the harder draw than OP Winside will miss out by 1 game or percentage only. Either way a good side will miss such is the evenness of this comp
there draw is basicaly the same, they both play the same teams and still have a bye xcept hillside play haddy and northern still so they should get up on %. If oak park loose this week, even if hillside also loose to Tulla there % should pull them through

Digby Morrell

Well said mate

Currently our biggest sponsor is $3,000

Says a fair bit about where we are financially and our ability to compete with clubs like craigieburn westmeadows who are spending big dollars

Blatantly obvious that the club wasn't ready for A grade and it has set the club back a fair way... Winning a flag is great but if the cost is too much then a club, any club needs to decide if it's worth the risk eg:reservoir footy club

Digby Morrell

My main issue is the current admin of the club seem content with where the Club is in it's current state, some with memories might even suggest it mirrors where Bops where when the merge happened.

That is my issue, winning flags and being a progressive Club on and off the field seems to scare them.

Lets not forget the condemnation that was allowed to be posted of the previous admin of NS.
Mutton Reserve has a problem with white anting, I know and accept I am a perfect example of that.

Well said mate

Currently our biggest sponsor is $3,000

Says a fair bit about where we are financially and our ability to compete with clubs like craigieburn westmeadows who are spending big dollars

Blatantly obvious that the club wasn't ready for A grade and it has set the club back a fair way... Winning a flag is great but if the cost is too much then a club, any club needs to decide if it's worth the risk eg:reservoir footy club

Not sure where you get your info from, but Westmeadows would be on par with probably OP, TM, Hillside and Glenroy and all would be half of Craigieburn.

Not sure where you get your info from, but Westmeadows would be on par with probably OP, TM, Hillside and Glenroy and all would be half of Craigieburn.

Not saying I know what each club spend

Just pointing out at the moment we can't compete with the bigger spending clubs

My main issue is the current admin of the club seem content with where the Club is in it's current state, some with memories might even suggest it mirrors where Bops where when the merge happened.

That is my issue, winning flags and being a progressive Club on and off the field seems to scare them.

Lets not forget the condemnation that was allowed to be posted of the previous admin of NS.
Mutton Reserve has a problem with white anting, I know and accept I am a perfect example of that.

I was involved with Fawkner and Moomba. Good blokes. The blokes from BOPS I've met, good blokes. The people that are still at the club don't see themselves from where they came from, but where they are going and who they are now. Northern Saints! I couldn't give a crap about the former clubs, that was yesteryear. No one is saying don't get involved, in fact they have been encouraged to get back to the club if they wish. Generations change, it's those that buy into the future that seem to be most durable and loyal, despite where they come from or whetever personal petty beefs they have. The club is thriving on miminal cash, I wish I could afford to give more. It's a great place to be at the moment, better than other clubs my other relo's are involved in, my opinion anyway. Yeah, they aren't thinking A Grade, but being a good damn club and seeing if they can develop some decent footballers. It's a good club, and it hasn't taken cash to make it so. Wish the council would listen to their ideas a bit more! I'm proud of the club and what they have achieved this year! Club success in some circles is not measured by wins and premierships but by the place it is or striving to become, and if anyone disagrees the club has not made significant changes, then they don't know what they are talking about and are definitely not around the place in any way! Go Saints...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back