EDFL Division 1 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Roy's played very good football and wanted the ball more than us too many players waiting for finals to come and trying to get through un injured so well done to the Roy boys and the best ladies day I have seen
Did u get amongst the ladies day Little Fella? Not positive signs for u if your on BF and not entertaining a lady Lol

Advantage OP in the race for 4th looks like wind side have blown there chance, but there's still some water to go under the bridge yet

Bad kicking for goal is bad football bye cannot come quick enough for eagles. Hats off to glenroy for the football and the view (ladies day)
Glenroy were outstanding yesterday as good as craigieburn were bad. First in for the footy all day and agree with little fella eagles look to be playing like a side that are assured a double chance. The lack of intensity is obvious. Chalk and cheese from what we were seeing first half of the season. Still could of won the game had they kicked straight, some of the worst goalkicking you will see and Glenroy took there chances at the other end. Terra will be wondering where that pressure and attack on the opposition has been hiding all year, was brilliant

Advantage OP in the race for 4th looks like wind side have blown there chance, but there's still some water to go under the bridge yet
OP to play Westy in the first round of finals Tulla has all of the momentum now... Funnier things have happened Billy

I think the finals series is going to be a cracker!! Westy v tulla round 17 could really prove to be the game that shapes the final 4...

Are tulla close to 100% fit now???

I think the finals series is going to be a cracker!! Westy v tulla round 17 could really prove to be the game that shapes the final 4...

You'd think WM would have to beat TM and CB to take 2nd position
And no they are not 100%

Billy will be the best to answer but looking at the team they put out last week on the website probably 2-3 to come back in. Doyle a notable one missing from the team sheet on Saturday. Tulla might be a real threat if Cburn play like they did against the Roys. Would be the boil over of the century if Cburn fail at the final hurdle. Can not see it happening IMO

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Billy will be the best to answer but looking at the team they put out last week on the website probably 2-3 to come back in. Doyle a notable one missing from the team sheet on Saturday. Tulla might be a real threat if Cburn play like they did against the Roys. Would be the boil over of the century if Cburn fail at the final hurdle. Can not see it happening IMO
I agree I watched tulla earlier this year and also played against them and they had a few out but still their ball movement, structure and discipline to stick to their game plan was impressive, they play their ground so well!
Look to be in form at the right time of year.

I agree I watched tulla earlier this year and also played against them and they had a few out but still their ball movement, structure and discipline to stick to their game plan was impressive, they play their ground so well!
Look to be in form at the right time of year.

TM definitely look to be hitting their straps at the right time.

My fear for WM is the opposite. Have a lot of injuries at the moment and 3 or 4 won't return this year.

On another note, what is happening at Hadfeild. Virtually had no supporters at the game yesterday and not 1 single person, player/ coach / committee / supporter come back into the rooms after the game ! Disgraceful effort if you ask me. And this club won a premiership last year. Will they survive into next season ?

TM definitely look to be hitting their straps at the right time.

My fear for WM is the opposite. Have a lot of injuries at the moment and 3 or 4 won't return this year.

On another note, what is happening at Hadfeild. Virtually had no supporters at the game yesterday and not 1 single person, player/ coach / committee / supporter come back into the rooms after the game ! Disgraceful effort if you ask me. And this club won a premiership last year. Will they survive into next season ?
Westy were far from convincing on Saturday. I didn't play as I'm injured but from the fence i thought haddys intensity, effort and tackling set the tone. Westys experience, decision making and polish stood up when needed but honestly i thought it was a great game of footy. Much closer than many predicted...
In regards to supporters, this year numbers have been down as there was a big turnover of players coming into the season. To hear that no one went into the rooms shocks me, speaking for myself I had a commitment so I couldn't have a beer with some old mates from Westy.
Haddy will be around next year mate

Last edited by a moderator:
On another note, what is happening at Hadfeild. Virtually had no supporters at the game yesterday And this club won a premiership last year. Will they survive into next season ?

I've noticed that too

They'll survive but on life support until they go back into div 2 which I think is inevitable... won't be this year maybe the year after barring them coming into some major cash

Junior section of the club in really bad shape too

I've noticed that too

They'll survive but on life support until they go back into div 2 which I think is inevitable... won't be this year maybe the year after barring them coming into some major cash

Junior section of the club in really bad shape too

I am also of the opinion (not that many care) that Haddy are on their knees and might struggle to continue. I've also seen part of a recent Haddy away game and they were lucky to have more than 6 supporters and that was a group of loyal people who appeared to be commitee people. It appears to be in bad shape and with declining juniors and no 18s they are really on the ropes.
The problem they face is there are a number of clubs around that area and they have built a strong junior base from the ground up. Glenroy, Coburg Districts and Pacco all have multiple junior teams and Strathmore and Oak Park only a few minutes up the road, however Strathmore is difficult to get into with there huge numbers.
I hope I'm wrong as they seem to have a good coach, and the players were still trying against the odds and playing footy in the right spirit of the game. But it's tough in that area to recruit kids and also big sponsors. Think the cricket club there has recently merged if I'm correct which is also not a good sign..

I am also of the opinion (not that many care) that Haddy are on their knees and might struggle to continue. I've also seen part of a recent Haddy away game and they were lucky to have more than 6 supporters and that was a group of loyal people who appeared to be commitee people. It appears to be in bad shape and with declining juniors and no 18s they are really on the ropes.
The problem they face is there are a number of clubs around that area and they have built a strong junior base from the ground up. Glenroy, Coburg Districts and Pacco all have multiple junior teams and Strathmore and Oak Park only a few minutes up the road, however Strathmore is difficult to get into with there huge numbers.
I hope I'm wrong as they seem to have a good coach, and the players were still trying against the odds and playing footy in the right spirit of the game. But it's tough in that area to recruit kids and also big sponsors. Think the cricket club there has recently merged if I'm correct which is also not a good sign..
Yes, Hadfield Cricket Club has merged with Pascoe Vale to become Pascoe Vale Hadfield Cricket Club

Re Hadfield juniors...can remember going to their ground as a visiting parent for an U12s game three or four years ago. Virtually no home parents there at all, so not surprising that their junior teams folded

Yes, Hadfield Cricket Club has merged with Pascoe Vale to become Pascoe Vale Hadfield Cricket Club

Re Hadfield juniors...can remember going to their ground as a visiting parent for an U12s game three or four years ago. Virtually no home parents there at all, so not surprising that their junior teams folded

Cheers. Wouldn't it be great if Anthony Rock returned to his junior club and helped them out for a year or 2. I know it won't happen as believe he won't go back there even for a sportsman night without wanting some $$.
I personally think all ex AFL or current AFL players owe there junior club something.

Cheers. Wouldn't it be great if Anthony Rock returned to his junior club and helped them out for a year or 2. I know it won't happen as believe he won't go back there even for a sportsman night without wanting some $$.
I personally think all ex AFL or current AFL players owe there junior club something.

Turbo Anthony Rock over at Fremantle at the moment, assistant coach.

Have heard it will be Windy Hill , Coburg and Keilor. Think Greenvale is preparing for cricket.
They would of had to prepare last year too yet there was finals played there. Lets hope we see some of the earlier finals at windy hill this year not just the grand finals. Think it was unavailable last year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back