EDFL Division 1 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Nobody is talking about that at all... I've never heard it mentioned once...

But since you brought it up... I'm not a huge fan of the name northern but I can understand why it has been chosen as it is a merged club...

Lot of clubs tried rebranding in the past thinking it would appeal to more people but it just doesn't work Laverton changed to western magpies Sandown cobras went to southern Cobras both clubs have reverted back to their original name

The term northern doesn't really specify a particular area the club represents... I'd prefer something a bit more precise but that's just my opinion and is no way a reflection of anyone else's thinking but my own

Totally agree with your post
It was meant to be a merge but a lot of past players from Fawkner Amos and Fawkner Park believe it was more like a takeover not a merge
Were all told that the traditional navy blue and white would stay mixed with North Coburg colours

The change of jumper design a couple years back was a good choice pitty there is no white in there but the navy blue looks good with the green/red hoops

And as for the name nobody liked Northern Saints would of been good if it were Fawkner Saints or North Coburg Blues something along these lines and also there should be more Fawkner Amos Moomba Park Fawkner Park memorabilia on display in club rooms

The change of jumper design a couple years back was a good choice pitty there is no white in there but the navy blue looks good with the green/red hoops

And as for the name nobody liked Northern Saints would of been good if it were Fawkner Saints or North Coburg Blues something along these lines and also there should be more Fawkner Amos Moomba Park Fawkner Park memorabilia on display in club rooms

I love the current jumper... Plenty of the colours from Fawkner and north coburg

There is as much Fawkner/Moomba park memorabilia as there is north coburg in the rooms I wouldn't say there is an excessive amount from north coburg

In my opinion people need to come together and embrace the current composition of the club if it is to move forward instead of being caught up in the past

Without the merger there would have been nothing left of Fawkner at all.... Mutton reserve would have been taken over by soccer

It was meant to be a merge but a lot of past players from Fawkner Amos and Fawkner Park believe it was more like a takeover not a merge
Were all told that the traditional navy blue and white would stay mixed with North Coburg colours

Actually the original plan for the merger was to keep the red and green bops jumper which was changed to the port Adelaide style jumper in a compromise to incorporate more Fawkner into the jumper

You would think common sense would prevail and play all 3 sides on the same day at the same venue sharing the same rooms. Sorry to use foul words such as "common sense" FFS!

Douttas had all 3 play the same day last year, so not sure what the issue is. Club supporters should only have to pay once.

I love the current jumper... Plenty of the colours from Fawkner and north coburg

There is as much Fawkner/Moomba park memorabilia as there is north coburg in the rooms I wouldn't say there is an excessive amount from north coburg

In my opinion people need to come together and embrace the current composition of the club if it is to move forward instead of being caught up in the past

Without the merger there would have been nothing left of Fawkner at all.... Mutton reserve would have been taken over by soccer

Well said mate. I think the issue has been given plenty of air time in this thread and continuing to air dirty laundry in public does nothing to move the club in a forward direction.

The silly season has come early.

Pretty ordinary to see Craigieburn's 18s scheduled for a sunday game after the 2s and seniors play on saturday.

You would think common sense would prevail and play all 3 sides on the same day at the same venue sharing the same rooms. Sorry to use foul words such as "common sense" FFS!

Douttas had all 3 play the same day last year, so not sure what the issue is. Club supporters should only have to pay once.

EDFL cant win, Westy are in the same boat all 3 teams playing different days on Saturday and Sunday

Saturday is 2nd semi final day while Sunday is first semi final day across the 3 grades.

different to douttas last year they either finished on top or 2nd in all 3 grades in 2015 hence playing on the same day.

Last edited:
EDFL cant win, Westy are in the same boat all 3 teams playing different days on Saturday and Sunday

Saturday is 2nd semi final day while Sunday is first semi final day across the 3 grades.

different to douttas last year they either finished on top in 3 grades in 2015 hence playing on the same day.

Fair enough. Still, you'd think with two top ranked sides and a 3rd Craigieburn would get some sort of advantage.

different to douttas last year they either finished on top or 2nd in all 3 grades in 2015 hence playing on the same day.
All fair points My North

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good honest post mate:thumbsu:

I know that the Northern saints super rules team has a heap of Fawkner blokes and some Bops blokes and they are a pretty tight and play some good bloody footy, really good to watch. They all get along with each other and all play for each other as one club. They won the flag last year and everyone seems to enjoy the club.
Alot of kids back in those days had ties to both clubs and are still good mates to this day. I know plenty
Blokes from the old clubs should head back and be part of it . I enjoy having a beer down there when I can and catching up with everyone.

As Auckmel said though I think that this has had enough spoken about after 1061 created something that shouldn't have. If you are passionate about a club..get in there and be part of it!

Back to footy..
Going to be a cracker CB v Tulla at Windy hill looking forward to it. Hopefully the weather is fine and we see the best go at it. And well done to Oakers on making the four! Good Luck to all:thumbsu:

Your source isn't too good mate or just likes to start rumours. That's the biggest load of B.S I've here'd all year!!! & they don't want to play premier??!! Just more dribble!!! At least it gave me a good laugh hahaha

Noticed Young played on Saturday popping up for a goal. Did he play a full game? was he at his usual best or was there a bit of rust after being out for so long?

MASSIVE rumor from very good source that Craigieburn Assistant Coach has been offered the Oak Park coaching job in 2017. Clokes, Young and Kite part of the deal as they don't want to play Premier. I guess they are assuming they will be in premier??
The rumours your hearing are wrong !! Clokes might be heading up bush because they're sick of the treatment they receive off the umpires. They virtually get bashed & raped every week & never get any free kicks off the umpires. Also get crucified every time they go near the ball. Young has played 3 years in Premier division so no difference to him whether he plays in Premier or not. I know he would like to play back in Premier league, just depends on what happens with Craigieburn & if he wants to stay their. As for Kite, I don't know. And Craigieburns assistant coach might be heading to Jacana not Oak Park

Noticed Young played on Saturday popping up for a goal. Did he play a full game? was he at his usual best or was there a bit of rust after being out for so long?
He was on & off the ground the whole game but I still would've had him in the best players. Don't know who puts the best players into print at CB but they're obviously watching a different game lol. Also don't know why the coach plays him out of his usual position coming into finals ??

He was best on imo
Not sure about that but was solid after a long absence. #7 bongetti was the dominant player on the ground. Looking forward to watching some big finals this weekend. Hillside are in for a long summer they would be kicking themselves would really hurt not to be playing this weekend. My early fav for 2017 the sharks

Not sure about that but was solid after a long absence. #7 bongetti was the dominant player on the ground. Looking forward to watching some big finals this weekend. Hillside are in for a long summer they would be kicking themselves would really hurt not to be playing this weekend. My early fav for 2017 the sharks
that is a bold prediction

Yeah for a club that from the outside seem to have it all going on they don't seem to have it all going on

Hey Billy I have a forced break and you get on here and start potting the Sharks in my absence. How you can sit back and make stupid comments is beyound me, other than your jealous of them in some way. Yes Tulla are playing in finals "again" and that's a great effort I agree. But where are they heading? IF they were to win it and go up to premier, that would spell the end of Tulla. They would fold after a year in premier or try and stay down in div1 in 2017 which the league wouldn't allow to happen.

Back onto the Sharks and Obviously the club needs to have a plan for when they are ready to have a crack at winning promotion to premier. Can't be easy to operate a club with so many junior teams, but you wouldn't know that would you!
Sharks budget would be pretty low and much lower than the top 4 sides and Glenroy. They are probably a bit similar to when Greenvale came into the comp but they don't have a big money sponsor (or two) as what Greenvale was able to get, and of course the facilities at Greenvale were always going to be good in that area.
Give them a bit more time and when div1 spending comes back into line somewhat with other teams they will be a force, mostly on the back of there good junior program as there 18s are on top and there 16s just played off in the div1 GF competing with the "big" EDFL powerhouse clubs.
Also they seem to a attract a large supporter base which is another positive, but again it's partly to do with the junior numbers and the willingness to engage them into the club.

Yes Billy the Sharks do have the benefit of a large area with new families but it does take hard work. I don't want to see any club struggle, but ultimately you can't drop the ball (even for a short time) in these difficult times, as it's to hard to pick up and go again. A club like Glenroy is a good example of a traditional club that is still doing well in a tough area with other clubs close by. But they seem to find juniors every year and appear to be doing well in some divisions. I guess it's partly due to some older heads still working hard and if the new generation are coming through the club will continue to prosper. Tulla have great history (I remember the days of the great man Dean Hartigan) but just can't seem to build a junior program.

Hey where is my mate JACK HARRIS gone? Was hoping he would at least post a thank you to the Hillside FC and player for helping get a certain player off a striking charge. That's what players do most of the time. Old school stuff..

Unlike a certain premier club in Keilor who likes to operate differently..

Yes by all means don't put up with unsavoury acts behind play or coward hits as these should be dealt with and stopped asap.

Cmon JACK man up.. Haha

Remove this Banner Ad

Back