EDFL Division 1 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

I wasnt there but if true the league needs to take action on this type of behaviour. But be lets be neutral here some other clubs are not much better when they lose.
We have some great players in our league and it's only getting better, but I'm not sure the umpiring or the league administration is moving as fast.
The league would have seen it if it was that bad as you say, so let's see how they react.

Personally I'm over all these idiot, often gutless people yelling abuse in groups. Start warning clubs and kick them out if needed and make this league the best in metro footy.

That's my say!!

Hopefully Billy will reply as he was there I would assume..
Like you said you weren't there so why would you comment

Mus
All for friendly banter but the constant C bombs coming from the crowd today and drunken behavior was disgraceful. To lean over the fence at the end of the game and carry on after your team gets smashed just doesn't sit well with me. Felt sorry for the tullamarine players I'm sure they were embarrassed not only on the field but off the field today
Must of been the same group of Tullamarine supporters I seen @ the Airport West tram stop @ 12:30 yesterday. On the cans hassling teenage girls.

Oak park hit form at the right part of the year smashing westy. Are they a chance to knock tulla off? Based on yesterday's performance they might go in to this weeks game as favourites

Oak park hit form at the right part of the year smashing westy. Are they a chance to knock tulla off? Based on yesterday's performance they might go in to this weeks game as favourites
Fair call Willow. I am interested in the fall out at WM. This margin was a huge surprise i understand WM have been hit hard by injury but still... word on the street is WM have imploded and it all blew up during the week perhaps you r better positioned to comment Willow?

Fair call Willow. I am interested in the fall out at WM. This margin was a huge surprise i understand WM have been hit hard by injury but still... word on the street is WM have imploded and it all blew up during the week perhaps you r better positioned to comment Willow?
Not sure mate there twos had a good win perhaps they just had a bad day.

Pretty enjoyable day. Ressies game was good with two great marks in the last minutes the highlight, plus the last shot on goal while the Eagles 18s look full of running.

OP were terrific winning the game in the middle of the ground. If they can get over Tulla then the ruck battle in the GF will be worth the price of admission.

DC gone , hasn't delivered, getting smashed today last straw. Min 6 players that played today won't be there next year////Mark my words
Fair post Bang. Reiterate the word minimum mate could be catastrophic for a club who have come a fair way over the past few years

Fair post Bang. Reiterate the word minimum mate could be catastrophic for a club who have come a fair way over the past few years
Really interesting regarding mullen. Always regarded him as a jet and could get a bit of cash somewhere if he wanted. Its always been westys issue though, has never wanted to take itself above minimal professionalism.

Not gunna name names at this stage, 2's are still in it.
Westy like a lot of other clubs have so many fantastic volunteers who create a really good vibe down there, no doubt its a great place to spend an afternoon of local footy. But as someone mentioned earlier, they are stuck being a mediocre OK B grade club and although DC has done his best that's about where he sits on the coaching scale. So WM can either take the easy way out and stay with him(they won't) or they can make a stand and get in a coach who is capable of taking them to success and maintain their spot in A Grade if that was to happen....

Not gunna name names at this stage, 2's are still in it.
Westy like a lot of other clubs have so many fantastic volunteers who create a really good vibe down there, no doubt its a great place to spend an afternoon of local footy. But as someone mentioned earlier, they are stuck being a mediocre OK B grade club and although DC has done his best that's about where he sits on the coaching scale. So WM can either take the easy way out and stay with him(they won't) or they can make a stand and get in a coach who is capable of taking them to success and maintain their spot in A Grade if that was to happen....

WM went about recruiting over the last 2 years like a B grade outfit, getting blokes like Trewin who were well past there best and came with big reputations on big $. The teams that get it right recruit young players 20-25 with leg speed and class.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WM went about recruiting over the last 2 years like a B grade outfit, getting blokes like Trewin who were well past there best and came with big reputations on big $. The teams that get it right recruit young players 20-25 with leg speed and class.

Agree with your thoughts but Trewin has stuck around and is playing reserves at West so that's a good return for investment especially if his helping the younger guys and it's always good to have a competetive reserves side.

But totally agree they must get some more quality players like Church..

Agree with your thoughts but Trewin has stuck around and is playing reserves at West so that's a good return for investment especially if his helping the younger guys and it's always good to have a competetive reserves side.

But totally agree they must get some more quality players like Church..
Yes good on Trewin for hanging around and playing 2's , but he was well and truly passed it when he went there, from memory came back from Goulb Valley and couldn't crack it for a game at AH, unbelievable that WM would throw money at a player that couldn't get a game at an A Grade club! As I've mentioned earlier , I have nothing against DC and have no doubt he has worked his butt off to get the best results for WM , but results show just not up to it, maybe better suited to Div 2

Yes good on Trewin for hanging around and playing 2's , but he was well and truly passed it when he went there, from memory came back from Goulb Valley and couldn't crack it for a game at AH, unbelievable that WM would throw money at a player that couldn't get a game at an A Grade club! As I've mentioned earlier , I have nothing against DC and have no doubt he has worked his butt off to get the best results for WM , but results show just not up to it, maybe better suited to Div 2

Hey Bang, maybe the Reservoir job might suit him. What do you think., Lol.,

Absolute rubbish Bang.

First off, DC came to the club 3 years ago after the club finished on the bottom. Club has played finals 3 years in a row now and had 18s, reserves and seniors in finals past 2 years. (First time in clubs history)

Yes the result was not what we all wanted but in all honesty the club limped in. Injury to key players and the Club making some hard decisions on certain individuals 4 weeks ago made it difficult. But a club that makes hard decisions is a strong club.

6 under 18/s have debuted this year with 4 playing in a senior final yesterday. Also feilding 2 X 18s this year , id say the club is in a terrific position moving fwd.

And that will be with DC, as the club has resigned him for a further 2 seasons, with majority of the playing group already recommitted. FACT.

On Trewin, terrific footy person to have around the club. Everyone knew when he came last year his best playing days were over, came more in a coaching role. The fact he has played in the twos all year this year shows the character of the guy.

So get back in your box and stop hanging s**t on the same individuals. The Westmeadows FC is a stong one and it will be bum down head up to come back bigger and stronger next year.

Good luck to all remaining teams in finals over next fortnight

DC gone , hasn't delivered, getting smashed today last straw. Min 6 players that played today won't be there next year////Mark my words

"Min 6 players that played today won't be there next year"
Would seem logical after such a belting??

Absolute rubbish Bang.

First off, DC came to the club 3 years ago after the club finished on the bottom. Club has played finals 3 years in a row now and had 18s, reserves and seniors in finals past 2 years. (First time in clubs history)

Yes the result was not what we all wanted but in all honesty the club limped in. Injury to key players and the Club making some hard decisions on certain individuals 4 weeks ago made it difficult. But a club that makes hard decisions is a strong club.

6 under 18/s have debuted this year with 4 playing in a senior final yesterday. Also feilding 2 X 18s this year , id say the club is in a terrific position moving fwd.

And that will be with DC, as the club has resigned him for a further 2 seasons, with majority of the playing group already recommitted. FACT.

On Trewin, terrific footy person to have around the club. Everyone knew when he came last year his best playing days were over, came more in a coaching role. The fact he has played in the twos all year this year shows the character of the guy.

So get back in your box and stop hanging s**t on the same individuals. The Westmeadows FC is a stong one and it will be bum down head up to come back bigger and stronger next year.

Good luck to all remaining teams in finals over next fortnight
Good on you for sticking up for your club. I like WM but making decisions on individuals not towing the line is not hard, that's run of the mill stuff at strong clubs. Pretty much sums up why WM will only ever be a better than average B Grade club like they've always been! If they really want to be the best they can, then its time to pull their heads out and stop accepting playing finals in B Grade is good enough... Banngg - You know it's true

Good on you for sticking up for your club. I like WM but making decisions on individuals not towing the line is not hard, that's run of the mill stuff at strong clubs. Pretty much sums up why WM will only ever be a better than average B Grade club like they've always been! If they really want to be the best they can, then its time to pull their heads out and stop accepting playing finals in B Grade is good enough... Banngg - You know it's true

Your right, playing finals is not good enough. No one including DC will be accepting it. Which is why the club will continue to development the juniors we have coming through and recruit the gaps and come back next year and work harder than ever to get success

Yes Bang spot on. Trewin was cooked when he left Tatura in the GV and returned to Avondale Heights (I think it was) a couple of years back. Had been a quality player in a strong Tatura side for a few years but I wouldn't have been throwing $$ at that point in his career either.

Yes Bang spot on. Trewin was cooked when he left Tatura in the GV and returned to Avondale Heights (I think it was) a couple of years back. Had been a quality player in a strong Tatura side for a few years but I wouldn't have been throwig $$ either.

The dollars are irrelevant if he's playing 2's all year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back