EDFL Division 1 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Your right, playing finals is not good enough. No one including DC will be accepting it. Which is why the club will continue to development the juniors we have coming through and recruit the gaps and come back next year and work harder than ever to get success
If WM are going full tilt in 2017 to get promotion into Premier who of the current playing group in your opinion would be solid contributors in Premier? Remembering clubs that get promoted need to match up on midfields with names like McLean, Lynch, Cubillo, Harris, Urchart and forwards like Rose, Galea, Johns, the Caruso's a frightening predicament for Premier Div aspirants i would have thought. Church is a superstar and would more than handle the step up in grade

If WM are going full tilt in 2017 to get promotion into Premier who of the current playing group in your opinion would be solid contributors in Premier? Remembering clubs that get promoted need to match up on midfields with names like McLean, Lynch, Cubillo, Harris, Urchart and forwards like Rose, Galea, Johns, the Caruso's a frightening predicament for Premier Div aspirants i would have thought. Church is a superstar and would more than handle the step up in grade

Westmeadows is not in a class to take any club on in senior atm besides maybe airport west. Also on church i think he has the potential to be a very very serviceable player but is very much a confidence player and needs a level head. Next year could be seriously interesting though if c'burn win it. Would allow 4/5 clubs a shot at promotion to premier. These teams include oak park, tullamarine and even hillside and taylors lakes if they can get there act together. If i was westy or even tulla id throw a bit of money at a few players from g'vale or even cragieburn who aren't getting consistent senior gigs but are more than talented to get in the role.

Absolute rubbish Bang.

First off, DC came to the club 3 years ago after the club finished on the bottom. Club has played finals 3 years in a row now and had 18s, reserves and seniors in finals past 2 years. (First time in clubs history)

Yes the result was not what we all wanted but in all honesty the club limped in. Injury to key players and the Club making some hard decisions on certain individuals 4 weeks ago made it difficult. But a club that makes hard decisions is a strong club.

6 under 18/s have debuted this year with 4 playing in a senior final yesterday. Also feilding 2 X 18s this year , id say the club is in a terrific position moving fwd.

And that will be with DC, as the club has resigned him for a further 2 seasons, with majority of the playing group already recommitted. FACT.

On Trewin, terrific footy person to have around the club. Everyone knew when he came last year his best playing days were over, came more in a coaching role. The fact he has played in the twos all year this year shows the character of the guy.

So get back in your box and stop hanging s**t on the same individuals. The Westmeadows FC is a stong one and it will be bum down head up to come back bigger and stronger next year.

Good luck to all remaining teams in finals over next fortnight

Well written, i wonder if there will be similair comments this time next week if tulla go out in straight sets

That's a moot point. The actuality is WM chased him with offers of $$$ when he was past it, which brings to question their long term recruiting strategy. (Others have used the word professionalism)

WM didn't chase him at all with $. He is a good friend of the coach and came as an assistant coach. He played a few games to help out and has done the same this year in the twos. Doesn't even get paid as an assistant

6 players they want there next year won't be there

Personally think everyone who played would be reviewed as part of the 2017 readiness activities which take place before the beginning of every pre-season for the last 3 years at least.

Club has signed as many players as possible however as you would agree the entire list would be reviewed as part of the due diligence needed to move forward from the previous season.

Would any club want players who don't want to be at their club? Seems oxymoronic to suggest that a club would want to retain the services of players who would rather be somewhere else. Signed or not, shake hands, part ways and move on.

Some general information for you:
U18's played 54 players this year across 2 U18 divisions
6 U18's played 1's footy over the year
2 U18's played the majority of the season in the 1's (1 playing every game)
U19's being introduced means we will retain the majority of these players
2nds have played through to the GF with an average age of ~24

We're not there yet. However your most significant victories are born from your great adversities.

If your team is playing this week. Good Luck.

I'm on record as giving you all the early mail on;
Cloke's to Hurstbridge
Young to Jacana

Possible move;
Kite back to Glenroy or the country with his good mate Knox, but his contracted to CB so that's going to be interesting.

Anyone else got any mail this early in the season.

Btw- CB to play Oak Park in the granny and CB will win by 60+ points..

Cloke's to Hurstbridge
Young to Jacana

Possible move;
Kite back to Glenroy or the country with his good mate Knox, but his contracted to CB so that's going to be interesting.

Well your mail is wrong.... Yet again. Young is not going to jacana

Cloke's to Hurstbridge
Young to Jacana

Possible move;

Gee you have gone out on a limb with the CB v OP prediction Turbo!! And Black Caviar will never lose a race!!

No disrespect to the hardworking folk at Jacana but why on earth would Young want to go to Jacana? He would still hold down a spot in any premier division side and would be getting unbelievable coin wherever he goes.

Ill give you some early season mail "Ease up on the cones"!

Kite back to Glenroy well possibly but they would have to pay out CB who inturn had to pay out EDS who inturn had to payout Glenroy!! So the poor old Roys miss out twice.... A Merry go round that would be

I can't see CB loosing to many players if they do go to premier but like all lists they will have a turnover I'd expect young n kite both to stay from all reports but i guess only time will tell still gotta get over that final hurdle in a fortnights time before then even Becomes an issue . Cb didn't pay doutta stars a cent kite wasn't contracted to them so it was douttas who lost out which is never a good thing . Hopefully his learnt his lesson an gives premier a go next season

No disrespect to the hardworking folk at Jacana but why on earth would Young want to go to Jacana? He would still hold down a spot in any premier division side and would be getting unbelievable coin wherever he goes.

Precisely

Heard jacana have come into some big money

Little bit short sighted to spend big trying to win a div 3 flag

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I too have heard that jacana are working with Chris Johnson who works for the afl now to become the majority based indigenous club of edfl (Fitzroy stars of NFL)
Have heard it's a grant around 350,000 a year?
But not sure how that works with the salary cap coming into play next season..

I too have heard that jacana are working with Chris Johnson who works for the afl now to become the majority based indigenous club of edfl (Fitzroy stars of NFL)
Have heard it's a grant around 350,000 a year?
But not sure how that works with the salary cap coming into play next season..

Not a bad idea from Jacana, but would have thought given its demographic it should be working with the local Arabic communities.

Where do these rumours come from?

Young to Jacana you have got to be kidding yourself y would a quality player like him drop down to a 2nd Division team?

Young to Jacana you have got to be kidding yourself y would a quality player like him drop down to a 2nd Division team?

Could say the same thing about the clokes at craigieburn as they are quality premier players that have played AFL

$$$$

He will go with the coach and to play with mates, and don't think his to keen to play premier, hence the reason he left AH for CB. Starting to make sense boys.
Anyway enough from me on CB.

He will go with the coach and to play with mates, and don't think his to keen to play premier, hence the reason he left AH for CB. Starting to make sense boys.

Lol I'd love to know who you get your "mail" from. He will play in premier again.

Reckon there could be a few edfl clubs chasing the 4 north delisted players. Personally wouldn't mind seeing boomer and petrie running around for craigieburn
Boomer will play with his brother at North Heidelberg, it's on record they want to play a year together at North.

I heard he left Avondale because of a fallout with the coach and that he and 3 other players from A.H were looking to play together somewhere else.
I believe he will stay put ad play premier next year and do quite well.

Tips for the weekend??
Tulla by a couple for me

Remove this Banner Ad

Back