EDFL Division 1 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Im tipping oak park ive talked them up all year backing them to get through this week in a tight one. Reckon they'll be harder at the footy and thats what wins football games

OP to win by 3-4 goals. There midfield will be far to strong on the back of Bloomfield in the ruck. Not sure Tulla can kick a big score so they are going to have to stop OP kicking more than 10 goals. Which will be hard to do with the supply the midfield will give the likes of Clare, Anderson and co

If the same tulla turn up as last week oak park will win easy, if tulla can get their running game back up and going they should open it up and cut oak park up.
Time will tell

Tomorrows game looks like it will be a ripper.

Oak Park are lucky to have crept into the four but they have good form coming into this game and would be confident of making it through to the grand final.
Tullamarine have won both their contests against Oak Park this year and apart from last weeks game have also had solid form coming into this final.
Tullamarine would consider the year a wasted one if they go out in straight sets after a consistent season.
I think the game will be won and lost in the midfield.
Rajab, Hare, Campbell, Pascu, Mcconnell, Cronin etc. V Marcy, Burns, Sims, Liberatore, Devine, etc.
I think Oak Park have a deeper midfield but IMO Tullas defence is the best in the comp even though last week's performance wasn't great.

Clare and the other Oak Park forwards will not have it as easy as they did last week and will need an even spread of goal kickers to stretch Tulla's defence.
Will Bloomfield play ruck/fwd and will he stay a kick behind the play? His influence will be huge for the Oakers considering their overall lack of height and he will need to stand up, but his fitness may be questioned on the large City Oval Ground.

Colin Laurie not playing is a huge out for Tulla and he was the difference between the two sides when they played against each other last time in a dominant display.

This game will go down to the wire and it will come down to who wants it more and disposal esp in front of goal.

PREDICTION - Tullamarine by 4 points.

Agree if Tulla can keep this to a low scoring game they will win , there backline is very good , they need Doyle and Russ Laurie back as Becker needs help forward .
Oak Park mids are better footballers but Tulla are fitter so it will come down to the wire , a lot depends on the who plays for Tulla .
Tulla by a point .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The reason why neutral supporters will stay away is because Crazyburn will win by 90+ . If it was going to be a good contest there would be be a big crowd!!!
Not sure I agree i will be there as i follow craigieburn was i a neutral supporter the whinging from mrs would make it hard.

The reason why neutral supporters will stay away is because Crazyburn will win by 90+ . If it was going to be a good contest there would be be a big crowd!!!
I'm a neutral supporter and a dad and I'll work my day around being at windy hill at 2pm but that's just me...
I will agree Bang after watching the game last week with almost no crowd and atmosphere, and the fashion in which craigieburn dismantled tulla maybe the crowd will suffer due to people already sending the premiership cup up the Hume... Amongst the other above mentioned reasons... I hope the game finishes alot closer than expected...

Rumours gathering momentum:

What's the lastest at Craigieburn. Big word around town there coach has got a job in the NFL. Apparently was waiting for the club to offer him the job for next season and in the meantime got an offer so decided to accept it. Taking a few players as well.. Big news "if true" leading into GF week. Can someone from CB confirm?

Also hearing ex Eltham coach Bandero heading to Oak Park with some handy recruits. Could they start favorites in 2017?

Hillside re-signing most of there current players so not expected to lose any. But will need to recruit 3-4 regular senior players to bridge the gap!!

Good luck to both teams for Sunday but Craigieburn to win by between 90-120pts. Not sure I would waste $15 to see a one sided game which will be over by 1/2 time.

OP to win by 3-4 goals. There midfield will be far to strong on the back of Bloomfield in the ruck. Not sure Tulla can kick a big score so they are going to have to stop OP kicking more than 10 goals. Which will be hard to do with the supply the midfield will give the likes of Clare, Anderson and co

Clare couldnt get a kick playing on a proper defender

Remove this Banner Ad

Back