EDFL Division 1 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hearing big concerns at Westy from last night. 3 serious injuries to key players during a tackling drill at training last night ? along with 3 players that wont get up from last Saturday game, with Dimech one of them.

Anyone have any info ? Backtothefuture ?

Westy have good depth so should be able to cover these outs, if true....

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Did you forget that HS now have Matty Patane which is the reason why Hadfield would have been close to them last year, im thinking that HS will smash them. You are right, this year every game is gold to win, so it comes down to who will be able to scrap across the line most weeks and create a winning culture... Interesting year ahead.
I think HS will win and Patane will kick a couple but his kicking was deplorable apparently last year. I think hillside will have the ball
Movement to trouble sides.

Sportsbet have set a market for the premiership
TM $1.85
HS $4
WM $7
I'd back WM at that price

Sportsbet have set a market for the premiership
TM $1.85
HS $4
WM $7
I'd back WM at that price
Oak park at $11 I'd have $10 on them.
Still 3-4 to come back in. Only lost by 3 goals to a full strength Westy team. Tulla are very short at 1.85. That's craigieburns price from last year

Still 3-4 to come back in. Only lost by 3 goals to a full strength Westy team. Tulla are very short at 1.85. That's craigieburns price from last year

SportsBet trying to undo all down playing Billy has done over the summer ?
Classic coaching 101 from Leydin - Lower expectations as much as possible, then overachieve on expectations making him look like a good coach. Wasn't fooling anyone. Tulla will be one of the better teams as they always are and should play finals. Not sure about $1.85 though ??
OP & Westy great value

SportsBet trying to undo all down playing Billy has done over the summer ?
Classic coaching 101 from Leydin - Lower expectations as much as possible, then overachieve on expectations making him look like a good coach. Wasn't fooling anyone. Tulla will be one of the better teams as they always are and should play finals. Not sure about $1.85 though ??
OP & Westy great value
I don't think anyone's down played TM chances, of course they would be going into this year hopeful it's good for the comp that there isn't a stand out and you'd think 4-5 clubs would think there a serious chance $1.85 is way to short
I'd have TM and WM equal 3.50

I don't think anyone's down played TM chances, of course they would be going into this year hopeful it's good for the comp that there isn't a stand out and you'd think 4-5 clubs would think there a serious chance $1.85 is way to short
I'd have TM and WM equal 3.50
$5 the field

Westy weren't at full strength. Probably 3 to come in including captain Adam Turner.
Apart from Gleeson who was missing from Oak Park ?

Cox, Peart, Howard, Bloomfield(maybe)

Who were the other 2. From the team sheet looked very much full strength

Turner, Keenan and Newton (new recruit who will be a top 10 player )
I believe all are back in this week but unfortunately we be replacing some big name outs!

Tips this week everyone?

Oak Park v Glenroy
What a game this should be, too much at stake for OP to go 0-2 and showed last week they will be there about. OP is a close one to get over the line at home by 11 points

TL v APW
Another tight one, TL with some new recruits by 20 points

Haddy V Hillside
Haddy the big unknown and Hillside to make a statement after last year. Hillside by 68 points

TM V Westy
Local rivals always a good game. Hurts me to say but have heard who is out for westy and its not great. Will really test the depth early in year but have some good ins. This game could really go ether way .
DRAW

Turner, Keenan and Newton (new recruit who will be a top 10 player )
I believe all are back in this week but unfortunately we be replacing some big name outs!

Tips this week everyone?

Oak Park v Glenroy
What a game this should be, too much at stake for OP to go 0-2 and showed last week they will be there about. OP is a close one to get over the line at home by 11 points

TL v APW
Another tight one, TL with some new recruits by 20 points

Haddy V Hillside
Haddy the big unknown and Hillside to make a statement after last year. Hillside by 68 points

TM V Westy
Local rivals always a good game. Hurts me to say but have heard who is out for westy and its not great. Will really test the depth early in year but have some good ins. This game could really go ether way .
DRAW
who are the 'big name' outs? other then dimech who i wouldnt classify as a big name just yet

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Went to watch 3 quarters of the OP v Glenroy game. I must say OP looked very impressive. If they find a genuine key fwd they will win the comp this year.
Tough and talented midfield, great backline just lack a big key fwd.
Harris clearly beat winter not sure how he was best for Glenroy.
Lang destroyed J Walker actually not sure he got a kick.
Capuano found it very tough to get a kick. The standard might be 2 much as he panicked abit.
Tanner Nilsson and Ferraro were very impressive in the midfield for Glenroy.
Down back Dicecco did a good job on Clare.
OP mids are very strong with Sciberras, Ryan, Harris, Rajab, Cronin and Hare all going through there. There best mid in the past years Pascu controlled the half back line.
OP controlled much of the game for the first 3 quarters just silly turnovers and frees kept Glenroy in the game.
OP clearly deserved the win in my opinion and will only get stronger when Peart and Bloomfield start playing

Good to hear the blokes on the radio show once again think Tullamarine will struggle to make finals in 2017. They said the same thing in 2016 (made GF) and again in 2015 (made prelim). To be fair one of them had them scraping in for 4th this year.

I'll give you a tip- hype in football counts for nothing but past results do. It's only been two rounds but they will be fighting it out once again at the pointy end of the season.

Tullamarine historically haven't had much depth but their top tier of players ensure a competitive senior outfit week in and week out. Well done deez.

Good to hear the blokes on the radio show once again think Tullamarine will struggle to make finals in 2017. They said the same thing in 2016 (made GF) and again in 2015 (made prelim). To be fair one of them had them scraping in for 4th this year.

I'll give you a tip- hype in football counts for nothing but past results do. It's only been two rounds but they will be fighting it out once again at the pointy end of the season.

Tullamarine historically haven't had much depth but their top tier of players ensure a competitive senior outfit week in and week out. Well done deez.
100% OaS the EDFL media lads have no idea. Even money favs the Dees load up Billy or did u get on at Turbos juicy 15's? What happened with Westy? Do they have a few out?

On SM-G935F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back