EDFL Division 1 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
100% OaS the EDFL media lads have no idea. Even money favs the Dees load up Billy or did u get on at Turbos juicy 15's? What happened with Westy? Do they have a few out?

On SM-G935F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Long way to go yet, Westy just didn't seem up for the battle
Not sure about there outs but tulla had outs as well TM have improved this year by having a better bottom 6 and 10/12 quality players capable of going through the middle I really believe at this leval your bottom 6 players are the diferance

Not sure about there outs but tulla had outs as well TM have improved this year by having a better bottom 6 and 10/12 quality players capable of going through the middle I really believe at this leval your bottom 6 players are the diferance
Agree totally Bill anyway only 2 games in long way to go but s**t its good to have the local footy back up and running

Congrats on the win Billy, just a pity the weather was so bad which probably turned away some people from watching.

Westy were missing 3 of their top recruits with Sutcliffe, Flower and Dimech. The weather probably didn't help as well as I think Westy could have stretched Tulla for height with Church etc on a dry day. All credit to TM though, they were terrific over 4 quarters and once again have shown they will be a top 4 side.

2 rounds in and some really good close games which is great to see. A long way to go so anything can happen, but already looking forward to Anzac day against Glenroy. With both sides 1-1 there will be a lot at stake.

Happy Easter to everyone, enjoy the festive break

Congrats on the win Billy, just a pity the weather was so bad which probably turned away some people from watching.

Westy were missing 3 of their top recruits with Sutcliffe, Flower and Dimech. The weather probably didn't help as well as I think Westy could have stretched Tulla for height with Church etc on a dry day. All credit to TM though, they were terrific over 4 quarters and once again have shown they will be a top 4 side.

2 rounds in and some really good close games which is great to see. A long way to go so anything can happen, but already looking forward to Anzac day against Glenroy. With both sides 1-1 there will be a lot at stake.

Happy Easter to everyone, enjoy the festive break

Agree with all of the above....but how long can this In vs Out discussion be relevant or of any interest at all....the best 22 is not based on availability of key resources...but dependent on opposition, conditions, team structures....etc.... it's a mute point...

Agree with all of the above....but how long can this In vs Out discussion be relevant or of any interest at all....the best 22 is not based on availability of key resources...but dependent on opposition, conditions, team structures....etc.... it's a mute point...

Spot on Mindbender, was just asked the question who was missing from Saturday night. No excuses from our end, TM were the better side on the night. Very hard to beat at their ground. Look forward to the return game.

Spot on Mindbender, was just asked the question who was missing from Saturday night. No excuses from our end, TM were the better side on the night. Very hard to beat at their ground. Look forward to the return game.
What were the lights like Saturday night. I know from past years they weren't the greatest. Did that have a factor??
I think the EDFL is diluted if they think the lights around grounds are up to senior night footy. I watched Greenvale play juniors under lights on a Friday night and it wasn't up to standard and I believe they have the best lights in the comp by a long way.

What were the lights like Saturday night. I know from past years they weren't the greatest. Did that have a factor??
I think the EDFL is diluted if they think the lights around grounds are up to senior night footy. I watched Greenvale play juniors under lights on a Friday night and it wasn't up to standard and I believe they have the best lights in the comp by a long way.

I don't believe the lights were good enough for a night game, it was very dark in the pockets and from a viewing perspective was very difficult to see over the far side of the ground, more so with rain mixed in.

Agree Greenvale have good lights and and a decent set up overall with scoreboard, social rooms etc, but think Keilors lights are the best for footy. Mainly due to the ground size being smaller and the surrounds, and your closer to the action. I know they have had those lights for many years. Hillside have great lights but the ground is the size of the MCG and the it's very open similar to Greenvale.
Keilor Park has new lights and it's not bad for spectators but once again it's a big wide ground.
How about Airport West's lights??

Think the night games are a good idea at the start of the season but maybe should start at 5:30 - 6pm rather than 7pm.
Why did the EDFL change the schedule for good Friday as I used to think the Keilor v Strathmore game followed by the Hillside v Taylor's Lakes night game was a great idea. Think the Hillside game started at 5:30 once so great for those after a footy fix and the clubs draw bigger crowds/atmosphere..

Thoughts??

K
Agree Greenvale have good lights and and a decent set up overall with scoreboard, social rooms etc, but think Keilors lights are the best for footy. Mainly due to the ground size being smaller and the surrounds, and your closer to the action. I know they have had those lights for many years. Hillside have great lights but the ground is the size of the MCG and the it's very open similar to Greenvale.
Keilor Park has new lights and it's not bad for spectators but once again it's a big wide ground.
How about Airport West's lights??

Think the night games are a good idea at the start of the season but maybe should start at 5:30 - 6pm rather than 7pm.
Why did the EDFL change the schedule for good Friday as I used to think the Keilor v Strathmore game followed by the Hillside v Taylor's Lakes night game was a great idea. Think the Hillside game started at 5:30 once so great for those after a footy fix and the clubs draw bigger crowds/atmosphere..

Thoughts??
keilors were terrible when I played under them so unless they had an upgrade in the past 4 years then you are smoking something.
Ground size is Irrelvant when it comes to lights, it's all about the number of lights and how much the delivery. As I said Greenvale is the best on last count they had about 40 lights about 10 per tower. That's a lot but would struggle to light the whole ground. The sooner the EDFL stop this night footy the better

Taylor's v hillside today.... who takes the home the choccys and why?
Lakes for mine Foss hard to get a read on HS they only played poor Haddy so far and not sure about their pre season form. Lakes form okay against APW last week only 2 goal loss APW who look okay wont be a blow but lakes especially at home. Got reception up here on the river so i will be checking in on both games between a beer and ski Happy Easter BF people

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lakes for mine Foss hard to get a read on HS they only played poor Haddy so far and not sure about their pre season form. Lakes form okay against APW last week only 2 goal loss APW who look okay wont be a blow but lakes especially at home. Got reception up here on the river so i will be checking in on both games between a beer and ski Happy Easter BF people

Seems to be a good game judging by scores obh, interesting to hear people thoughts later on both sides.

Patane didn't touch it. Was well beaten.

Hillside play Hadfeild , Lakes and East Keilor first 3 rounds pretty sweet draw. Prob the bottom 3 sides.

Spec savers have 2 for 1 deal make an appointment you need both pairs kicked 1.3 few assists had his nose broken in second half and played on very handy pickup for hillside kicking is letting him down though but then again viewed heaps of kicking errors from both sides

Did you see the game turbo?? How did patane go?

Hey Foss, yes mate I was there. Good crowd and the 1st half was pretty close but I'm the end it was Hillsides fitness that won out. They also lost there main ruckman to injury during the warm up so overall a good win.

I thought Patane did well early and was a physical presence up forward. Copped a knock during the 2nd quarter and left the ground not looking well. Returned later on and copped another knock from behind after a mark and had to leave the ground again. Showed courage to return with strapping around his head to stop the blood. Overall he played his part I thought and will only get better and has fitted in well by all reports.

Rocky Ferraro was moving well in the resssies and will one back in so it's a strong forward line for div1.

Those Micallef boys played well. Any footy person would just go along to watch these 2 play. Tough, hard at it and very courageous. They seem to lift a notch when needed.

Hey Foss, yes mate I was there. Good crowd and the 1st half was pretty close but I'm the end it was Hillsides fitness that won out. They also lost there main ruckman to injury during the warm up so overall a good win.

I thought Patane did well early and was a physical presence up forward. Copped a knock during the 2nd quarter and left the ground not looking well. Returned later on and copped another knock from behind after a mark and had to leave the ground again. Showed courage to return with strapping around his head to stop the blood. Overall he played his part I thought and will only get better and has fitted in well by all reports.

Rocky Ferraro was moving well in the resssies and will one back in so it's a strong forward line for div1.

Those Micallef boys played well. Any footy person would just go along to watch these 2 play. Tough, hard at it and very courageous. They seem to lift a notch when needed.
Thanks turbo! A lot to like about them this year, seems they were challenged early but were up for it and did the job well

Pencil them in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back