EDFL Division 1 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you'll find you referring to the wrong Aloi.
There were 2 Anthony Aloi's that played at Greenvale. They were cousins and the one playing at Hillside is only in his 20's played at APW for a few seasons until he returned to Greenvale last season. Solid player but wouldn't say his a smart footballer

Mullen confirmed is back playing at Westmeadows next year. Should be strengthened also by the return of Church , Avery and Aldridge from long term injures.
Mullens is a good player and Westy would be glad to have him stay Church is an out and out gun i am thinking Westy should start as pre season favs if bachtothefuture is on the money here Go Westy Lol

On GT-I9505 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Agreed no real stand outs at this time of year with big name recruits etc
Westy will have to be there abouts again, had some big injuries last year, Mullins apparently made up with the coach and is staying although not confirmed yet

Tulla have 5 retirements but not willing to say they'll drop off as they just seem to get the job done

APW are pretty unknown, weren't to competitive in premier so reckon they'll be mid way

Hillside, signed a few Haddy blokes then did the backflip, aloi is getting on but is still smart enough to be a great pick up

Roy's, I thought were going to be the big movers last year and made a fool of me, again a couple young blokes, capuano should be a good offset to winter but not convinced on him yet, ferrero will be handy

Cracker even year I reckon
You may want to check the clearances think one haddy guy going to hillside

Heard a rumour that hillside claim they have recruited too well and that they may have to rotate players via the reserves due to the points system and not being able to fit them on in the seniors and if the EDFL accept the recommended 48 points per side by AFL Victoria this will make it even harder to fit players in

Heard a rumour that hillside claim they have recruited too well and that they may have to rotate players via the reserves due to the points system and not being able to fit them on in the seniors and if the EDFL accept the recommended 48 points per side by AFL Victoria this will make it even harder to fit players in

Cmon not true. They have plenty of homegrown 1 pointers and to my knowledge haven't recruited any 4-5 pointers. They were low in points last season so will be fine.

48? I thought the new quota was 45?

You may want to check the clearances think one haddy guy going to hillside
Raff clearance to Sth Morang
48? I thought the new quota was 45?
AFL Vic have mandated 48. EDFL want 50. All clubs will want 50 clearly. All clubs will be on or above the points limit when they are injury free and are totally full strength. The clubs that arent wont be playing finals due to the fact they havent strengthened their list from the previous season. Unless recruits going to a new club are homegrowns most recruits will come with 2-6 points. If clubs arent across this points system and think they can cheat a little they will come unstuck big time. Clubs will do what Deer Park had to do in the GF last year. Drop El Houli for Fev... Clubs with a strong junior program will prosper under this system which IMO is why it has been introduced. I dont care for any club but if I was an administrator and coaches wanted to recruit a heap of players you have to say no due to points. Perhaps Glenroy will be on the limit they have recruited 2 A grade ammo players, A grade reserves player, and div 1 & div 2 players so all these guys will come with points. Having said that Flavel and a few others have left so that frees up room bloody nightmare thank god i aint doing this s**t Lol

Drove past Overland Reserve last night.....it shocked me to see the Karma bus in the carpark!! Could it all be coming back to bite the Cougars? Contracts are contracts it seems but not when they want our players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So I heard that a Cougar player tried to leave last year but was knocked back due to him having signed a contract....is Arrowsmith contracted at Strathmore?
AFL clubs can't hold players to contracts these days.

Maybe EDFL needs to bring in a trade period. lol

Let players go where they want.

Turbo, from what I'm told they were talking to Marwan but as you said asking a high price so went after JT instead who also had Sutcliffe going with him.
Both are only late 20s and have also picked up flower who is only 19 , Sharman who is 18 and Drummond who is maybe 22-23. So I would say they also have a focus on youth. With the 5-6 under 18 kids that played seniors this year I'd say the balance is pretty good
Marwan can play but does not get himself fit enough to play consistently in premier and has put a high price on his head - heard $700 to $800 a game and for someone who has never played in a higher comp than EDFL never won or finished in the top 3 of the comp B&F this is well and truely overs

So I heard that a Cougar player tried to leave last year but was knocked back due to him having signed a contract....is Arrowsmith contracted at Strathmore?
The difference is Arrowsmith is going from Premier to Div to coach / play. EDFL cannot restrict a player moving up in the player/coaching ranks, neither can the club.

No issue, move on.

The difference is Arrowsmith is going from Premier to Div to coach / play. EDFL cannot restrict a player moving up in the player/coaching ranks, neither can the club.

No issue, move on.

But is he contracted to SM. That will be the sticking point however his been a very loyal servant at SM so I would be surprised if they stopped him however clubs can't be pushed around..

Marwan can play but does not get himself fit enough to play consistently in premier and has put a high price on his head - heard $700 to $800 a game and for someone who has never played in a higher comp than EDFL never won or finished in the top 3 of the comp B&F this is well and truely overs
You may want to increase the 700-800 to more like 1K plus sign on according to an old mate of mine who enquired about 6 weeks ago massive overs

You may want to increase the 700-800 to more like 1K plus sign on according to an old mate of mine who enquired about 6 weeks ago massive overs

Either price mentioned above is double his true honest value IMO. This is a great example of why the salary cap and points system was brought it..Yes Marwan can play but his value is around 400 plus maybe some incentives..And I only say 400 as his a midfielder.. His not a matchwinner but good on the inside..Probably suited at West Coburg due to there small ground..

early predictions for the up coming season:
1st- Westmedows- time to cement themselves as the powerhouse of this division and make that next step into premier, think 2017 is the year for westy
2nd- Glenroy- good signings, core group still together from 2016 season, think 2017 they prove a lot of people wrong and play finals football
3rd- Airport West- despite relegation from a tough premier division 2016 and losing a few players, think they still the quality of both youth and experience to be a finals contender, if they can push teams like tulla, hillside and oak park out of the top 4, the eagles could be dangerous in 2017.
4th- East Keilor- the surprise packet of 2017 in my opinion, arrowsmith/grigg great in's, core group have stuck together for a while now, think they can surprise many teams in 2017, will need some underdog wins if they want to play finals. but i can also see them finishing as low as 7th.

5th- Hillside- despite some good signings this off-season, could easily finish in a top 4 spot but will need to be consistent and need to win the games they need to, but a team to certainly watch out for if they preform in 2017. have the youth to blood as well and should so if points cap is an issue.
6th- Tullamarine- this is the year tulla slip down, been up for a while but i think other teams in this league have a edge/x factor that differs from tulla
7th- Oak Park- lost a few key players, think they will be exposed due teams like apw and EK coming in, and teams like hillside and glenroy strengthening from 2016, but with the league being quite even from 3rd to 7th could finish higher if 2017 goes right for them.
8th- Taylors Lakes- think they survive season 2017, but will need to sign a few quality players if they want to be anywhere near finals contention.
9th- Hadfield- at this stage the early favorite to be relegated with a few key players leaving, believe a re-build at haddy seems to be direction they're heading, hopefully some youth players wanting senior footy can be blooded throughout 2017 and hopefully sneak in 2 or 3 wins.

GF- Westmedows vs Glenroy
relegated- Hadfield

still very, very early stages, once the feb transfer window opens, could easily see a better picture of what to expect, feel free to comment your opinions.

early predictions for the up coming season:
1st- Westmedows- time to cement themselves as the powerhouse of this division and make that next step into premier, think 2017 is the year for westy
2nd- Glenroy- good signings, core group still together from 2016 season, think 2017 they prove a lot of people wrong and play finals football
3rd- Airport West- despite relegation from a tough premier division 2016 and losing a few players, think they still the quality of both youth and experience to be a finals contender, if they can push teams like tulla, hillside and oak park out of the top 4, the eagles could be dangerous in 2017.
4th- East Keilor- the surprise packet of 2017 in my opinion, arrowsmith/grigg great in's, core group have stuck together for a while now, think they can surprise many teams in 2017, will need some underdog wins if they want to play finals. but i can also see them finishing as low as 7th.

5th- Hillside- despite some good signings this off-season, could easily finish in a top 4 spot but will need to be consistent and need to win the games they need to, but a team to certainly watch out for if they preform in 2017. have the youth to blood as well and should so if points cap is an issue.
6th- Tullamarine- this is the year tulla slip down, been up for a while but i think other teams in this league have a edge/x factor that differs from tulla
7th- Oak Park- lost a few key players, think they will be exposed due teams like apw and EK coming in, and teams like hillside and glenroy strengthening from 2016, but with the league being quite even from 3rd to 7th could finish higher if 2017 goes right for them.
8th- Taylors Lakes- think they survive season 2017, but will need to sign a few quality players if they want to be anywhere near finals contention.
9th- Hadfield- at this stage the early favorite to be relegated with a few key players leaving, believe a re-build at haddy seems to be direction they're heading, hopefully some youth players wanting senior footy can be blooded throughout 2017 and hopefully sneak in 2 or 3 wins.

GF- Westmedows vs Glenroy
relegated- Hadfield

still very, very early stages, once the feb transfer window opens, could easily see a better picture of what to expect, feel free to comment your opinions.
Don't know what you've been smoking but I think you should stop because it's effecting your mind.
How can you have a team the lost by 96 points making the finals and tulla, OP NS Hillside all missing.
OP and Hillside will play finals that's a fact. Both teams have improved on their list from this season.
OP - have Recruited Gleeson, Lang so far and will have the services of Pascu and Harris for the whole season. Lost Smith, Campbell and McConnell who only played 4 games.
Hillside - picked up top 5 goal kicker in Patane, quality running defender in Aloi and the quality under 18 kids making the step up.
Top 4
Hillside
Oak Park
Glenroy
Westmeadows

Tulla
East Keilor
APW
Taylor's Lakes
Hadfield

Don't know what you've been smoking but I think you should stop because it's effecting your mind.
How can you have a team the lost by 96 points making the finals and tulla, OP NS Hillside all missing.
OP and Hillside will play finals that's a fact. Both teams have improved on their list from this season.
OP - have Recruited Gleeson, Lang so far and will have the services of Pascu and Harris for the whole season. Lost Smith, Campbell and McConnell who only played 4 games.
Hillside - picked up top 5 goal kicker in Patane, quality running defender in Aloi and the quality under 18 kids making the step up.
Top 4
Hillside
Oak Park
Glenroy
Westmeadows

Tulla
East Keilor
APW
Taylor's Lakes
Hadfield
Cmon EDFL NFA how can that be a fact get off the hooch it's a prediction yes but a fact pfffft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back