EDFL Division 1 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
you play footy to play at the highest level you can don't you ? if your the best team in a division you go up, that's the whole point in relegation and promotion, otherwise what's the point in recruiting ? just to consolidate? you wanna be there best you can be

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I dont disagree with you bomber my point is as a club who would want to or be ready to go up a division. IMO the gap is actually widening between the 3 divisions. And you know what if players and clubs decide they are happy to play at a certain level being Premier, Div1 or Div2 that suits there abilities, location, financial stability, etc then thats actually okay. Not all clubs can play in Premier in 2018. From a player perspective if a div 2 player really wants to challenge themselves and play at a higher then yes go and challenge yourself at the highest level. I think it poses a great question. At what point do clubs recruit enough to stay competitive in their division but not go into the danger zone of relegation? Interested in Turbos Mails thoughts on this. Good topic i reckon. No wonder clubs are employing foory managers!

On SM-G935F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Tullamarine are the new favourites for 2018.
Good solid recruits to go with last years list with the only departure being Sims.
Ins
Franchina
A Scott
Vocale
Prestia
Doyle
Maric
Just to name a few

You were always talking about Douttas despite not being “involved” and it was always your “friend” giving you the info!
I get the feeling that your “friend” might be talking a bit about APW this year.
I don't see why, he or she has nothing to do with APW.

I hope you have Premier division written into year 2 of your plan Lol

Really? Well funny that as we are just pleased to make finals then anything from there is a massive bonus. Not bad for a club who were in bottom divvy for years on end. Can't see us headed to that divvy in a long long time though. Tullamarine & Airport West have both recruited unbelievably well. It will be a great season 2018

Will be an even come except the Jaguars could be in for a hadfield type of season unless they start recruiting more. Tulla recruits thus far has been amazing from players and coaching staff. Some quality from other clubs and also couple have come back. Airport west would have beaten anyone else on GF day soul they will be up there. But footy is a funny thing. Not always does it go to plan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Give it a rest mate no one is buying it.
I am assuming you think my friend was a coach at EDS and is now a coach at APW. The only coach I am aware of that has made that change is Maddern and he was there last year so your comment is off base.

Cheers Jet from Strathmore?

I think he only managed a couple of senior games at Melton mainly played 2's and same at Strathmore. Is he a genuine 1's player at Tulla?

Outback, big Maric played all seniors at Melton in 2016 and this year I think played 6-7 games in the seniors and then broke his arm and missed 8 weeks. Played 3/4 games in the twos coming back from that.

Has only been playing footy about 5 years and at over 200cm coming off the back of 2 years in the Ballarat Comp should be pretty dominant at this level. I have watched abit of Ballarat footy and would think its a stronger comp than b grade

Cheers Jet from Strathmore?

I think he only managed a couple of senior games at Melton mainly played 2's and same at Strathmore. Is he a genuine 1's player at Tulla?

He was previously at Strathmore, yes.
He'll play 1s when fit,
he was handy for Melton when available and if nothing else it'll allow them some positional flexibility with Adam Scott.

He was previously at Strathmore, yes.
He'll play 1s when fit,
he was handy for Melton when available and if nothing else it'll allow them some positional flexibility with Adam Scott.
Scott will play fwd all year.
Only issue is will Tulla be too tall.
Remember they picked up a ruckman in Hampshire from Hadfield.
So they will have
Scott x 2
Maric
Pretty
Hampshire
Laurie
Doyle
That’s a tall side. Can they all play together or will 1-2 play seconds footy

Outback, big Maric played all seniors at Melton in 2016 and this year I think played 6-7 games in the seniors and then broke his arm and missed 8 weeks. Played 3/4 games in the twos coming back from that.

Has only been playing footy about 5 years and at over 200cm coming off the back of 2 years in the Ballarat Comp should be pretty dominant at this level. I have watched abit of Ballarat footy and would think its a stronger comp than b grade
Fair enough Fan thanks for the input in that case he will go very well in Div 1

He should be ok in div1 but is no star. But agree a good pick up for b grade. Last time I seen him he was getting to most contests but does go one paced and not many tricks.

What is this I hear 2 A-grade premiership players to APW to be announced in the next few weeks?

Plenty jumping off of the Jacana bus

Surely the jump up in standard isn't so bad that guys won't challenge themselves? Seems to happen every year in this comp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back