EDFL Division 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty
Pretty sure your the only person going around that thinks page was not the best ruckman this year. Page absolutely embarassed bloomfield at highgate this year the only time they played on eachother. How bloomfield got that many votes ill never no he's getting to big to be playing footy
Pretty hard to embarass someone when you don't play on them. Bloomfield played loose many and full forward that day. But you got your opinion. You didn't see the game at oak park where page got moved to full forward in the 3rd quarter cause he got smashed in the first half. Mind you it was bloomfields first game back. I'll back Bloomfield every day off the week.
But that's my opinion

Good you have a couple of young blokes in there Aussie. How did Dulic go?

And fill us in on your coaching appointment I've heard about.
Dulic came 4th i think.
Yes i just seen on the EDFL facebook page that they signed Ross Terranova. Been coaching in the NFL, and past Pacco player & coach apparently. Dont know much about him really

could a case be made for young to be a starting mid? or would you rather him coming off a back flank. Can quite easily start in either position IMO would like to get some thoughts from other people.
I would rather see in mid. His clearances were brilliant!! But also very good running off the backline. How he didn't pile more in count is beyond me!! I thought he had a brilliant year & thought it would've been out of him & Shylo for best. I'm pretty sure they got him & Gorgon mixed up as I thought Gordon was ordinary. No where near deserving of 3rd. Both Young & Paige were hard done by in count IMO!!

Anyone else heard the rumour of Kyle Reimers to Craigieburn?
Also have heard this rumour. However also heard only if the clokes decide not to re sign they will approach Riemers but hearing both Clokes have resigned so not to sure where the matter stands.

No
Also have heard this rumour. However also heard only if the clokes decide not to re sign they will approach Riemers but hearing both Clokes have resigned so not to sure where the matter stands.
not after riemers but they will announce some big recruits very soon and everyone has resigned I really think they r starting to get there stuff right

For anyone interested, Results for the Glenroy Football Club 2015 Vote Count.

Winner: Joe Sayers 53 Votes.
Runner Up: Steve Golding 46 Votes.
Third: Tanner Nilsson 34 Votes.

What's your thoughts on the placings Aussie was Dulic stiff cause he was the only Roy to make team of year or were these guys better and they were the stiff ones as these blokes didn't get a look in for the team of year!

What's your thoughts on the placings Aussie was Dulic stiff cause he was the only Roy to make team of year or were these guys better and they were the stiff ones as these blokes didn't get a look in for the team of year!
Dulic always polls well in the EDFL B&F because of his size and long kick. Sayers would have to be the most underestimated player going around in DIV 1. From the few games i seen, he held Glenroys backline together time & time again IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They'd need to recruit some speed or quite frankly they won't win it. Plain and simple.

After watching the u/18.5 Grand Final I think you'll find the answer there. Although they lost there was plenty of talent and more importantly speed. If CB keep the majority of the team from this year, especially Clokes x2 and Page and add 3-4 u/18s with speed then they are odds on favourites. Don't worry about a couple of late season losses, top 2 was sealed up along way out so went through the motions towards the end of the H&A.

Tulla, Westy and OP would all need to improve by at least 5-6 goals. Obviously there will be no EDS and I doubt the side coming down, NS, will be as dominant as previous relegated sides.

Good luck with him. I know the natives were getting restless at Reservoir the last couple of years. Won the flag this year, but should have won it last year. If you have a "boys club" issue there, it will only get worse.

He will probably bring a few blokes because he pillaged Paco a few years back, a lot of those guys are old though. As a bloke, well...

Good player in his day though, soft as butter but knew how to find the footy.
You've got to be kidding " soft " 5 stone ringing wet and put he's head over the ball all day every day. The rest of the stuff you say is your opinion but to say he was soft is just plain wrong.

Good luck with him. I know the natives were getting restless at Reservoir the last couple of years. Won the flag this year, but should have won it last year. If you have a "boys club" issue there, it will only get worse.

He will probably bring a few blokes because he pillaged Paco a few years back, a lot of those guys are old though. As a bloke, well...

Good player in his day though, soft as butter but knew how to find the footy.
What do you mean by 'boys club' ? And as a bloke, well...?

You've got to be kidding " soft " 5 stone ringing wet and put he's head over the ball all day every day. The rest of the stuff you say is your opinion but to say he was soft is just plain wrong.
Yeah fair enough, soft was probably the wrong way of putting it. He wasn't soft, but flung his head back anytime anyone went near him to win a too high free kick. Won more too highs than Selwood and Puopolo combined.

Aussie to answer you, from what I hear from blokes I know at Resa, if you're in with him you're fine, boys club mentality. Having said that, half the coaches you get seem to be like that. Paco stripped him of life membership apparently (anyone confirm?). That's bloody harsh, regardless of what he did.

Yeah fair enough, soft was probably the wrong way of putting it. He wasn't soft, but flung his head back anytime anyone went near him to win a too high free kick. Won more too highs than Selwood and Puopolo combined.

Aussie to answer you, from what I hear from blokes I know at Resa, if you're in with him you're fine, boys club mentality. Having said that, half the coaches you get seem to be like that. Paco stripped him of life membership apparently (anyone confirm?). That's bloody harsh, regardless of what he did.

So what did he apparently do to lose his life membership?

After watching the u/18.5 Grand Final I think you'll find the answer there. Although they lost there was plenty of talent and more importantly speed. If CB keep the majority of the team from this year, especially Clokes x2 and Page and add 3-4 u/18s with speed then they are odds on favourites. Don't worry about a couple of late season losses, top 2 was sealed up along way out so went through the motions towards the end of the H&A.

Tulla, Westy and OP would all need to improve by at least 5-6 goals. Obviously there will be no EDS and I doubt the side coming down, NS, will be as dominant as previous relegated sides.
Actually agree 100%

Actually agree 100%

Just spoke to a "Saints" person and says Caruso's are definitely gone along with the President who happens to be their dad. Didn't say where the Caruso's were off to. They are waiting to announce coaches. Says they have had good interest from lots of players with a brand new committee coming on board for 2016. Said all the talk about them folding is bullshit rumours being spread by people who may not who have an interest in them failing. Big changes planned looking forward to life without Caruso's giving others chance to step up. Hoping to build the club back up rather than getting back into Premier from the looks of it. Looks like the new committee will be addressing their onfield disciplinary issues in a big way. I am glad for them that they are, probably should have been done sooner, can't understand why it wasn't. Offield still have the best tasting barby I've been to.

On Ross T, I think its a good get by Glenroy, he is a decent bloke, and was a really good player for Pacco.
Glenroy will be stronger but both Westy and CB will be the teams to beat in '16

Just spoke to a "Saints" person and says Caruso's are definitely gone along with the President who happens to be their dad. Didn't say where the Caruso's were off to. They are waiting to announce coaches. Says they have had good interest from lots of players with a brand new committee coming on board for 2016. Said all the talk about them folding is bullshit rumours being spread by people who may not who have an interest in them failing. Big changes planned looking forward to life without Caruso's giving others chance to step up. Hoping to build the club back up rather than getting back into Premier from the looks of it. Looks like the new committee will be addressing their onfield disciplinary issues in a big way. I am glad for them that they are, probably should have been done sooner, can't understand why it wasn't. Offield still have the best tasting barby I've been to.

On Ross T, I think its a good get by Glenroy, he is a decent bloke, and was a really good player for Pacco.
Glenroy will be stronger but both Westy and CB will be the teams to beat in '16

How will the Northern Saints go in 2016 in Divison 1?

How will the Northern Saints go in 2016 in Divison 1?

It depends on how they recruit and how many of their current players buy into their changes they want to ring in. I'd say middle of the road as they have lot's of young players, so possibly may miss finals but I don't think that is on their radar, just want to build a good reputation as they are sick of the brush their players tarnish the club with. They are pretty strong on this. Let's see what happens.

both Westy and CB will be the teams to beat in '16

Westy who everyone talked up to challenge for the flag leading into the finals but laid an egg? Tulla will be strong with a second year under their coach.

As for Dulic, can you be named as CHB in the team of the year when you play in the guts for the most part? Let Aussieone elaborate on this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back