Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Round 2 Tips

Hillside by a cricket score 40 goals +
East Keilor by a kick very close game 1 goal
Roxy Park by 8 goals
Moonee Valley by 6 goals

Also good coup by Hillside on another former AFL star joinging the ranks, Chris Tarrant to play in Round 4. Not sure if a one off game or not? nice coup for EDFL Divvy 2 regardless :thumbsu:

Round 2 Tips

Hillside by a cricket score 40 goals +
East Keilor by a kick very close game 1 goal
Roxy Park by 8 goals
Moonee Valley by 6 goals

Also good coup by Hillside on another former AFL star joinging the ranks, Chris Tarrant to play in Round 4. Not sure if a one off game or not? nice coup for EDFL Divvy 2 regardless :thumbsu:
I eat humble pie. Tarrant signed for 7 games + finals.

Watched the Roxy v KP game today. KP looked to have the game wrapped up at 3/4 time before a 7 goal to nil last Q saw Roxy storm home & pinch it late. Great quality game & if Roxy can get their act together consistently, may surprise a few this year.

EDFL Division 2 Round 4 Tips

Hillside v Keilor Park - KP are a much more competitive outfit this year compared to the KP we saw last year.....having said that, Hillside are the Premiership Favourites by a long shot and having Chris Tarrant play a one off game for them tomorrow will prove an almost impossible task for KP to overcome. Even though we are only 3 rounds in, from what we have seen so far, it is there Premiership to lose. Hillside by 25 goals.

Jacana v East Sunbury - Hats off to the Jacana Football Club, what they have shown in the first 3 rounds as a club deserves nothing but praise, Yes, they haven't won a game, but they have been competitive in all games they have played in so far from what I have heard and seen which is very positive signs for the club in moving forward. Well done to the whole committee down there in turning the club around. East Sunbury are the new team on the block but it will take them 2-3 years until they start competing. Jacana by 15 goals.

Roxburgh Park v Coburg Districts - Roxy have shown the competition promising signs and will be premiership contenders in the near future, they are a young team with some excellent talent. Coburg Districts have also showed some positive signs but it is clear that they are still trying to find there feet in the EDFL. Roxy by 5 goals

Moonee Valley v East Keilor - This for me will be the match of the day, The Div 2 Premiership replay, Moonee Valley have started the season off well and are currently undefeated, but tomorrow will face there first real test of the season when they come up against East Keilor in there 80th Anniversary game. The difference between the two teams from that Grand Final last year is that MV have kept all its players aswell as adding on and even though East Keilor have added on aswell, they have lost a fair few quality players. Both teams will go far into Finals this year and this game looks to be an absolute 'Andrew Krakouer'. MV by 2 goals

EDFL Division 2 Round 4 Tips

Hillside v Keilor Park - KP are a much more competitive outfit this year compared to the KP we saw last year.....having said that, Hillside are the Premiership Favourites by a long shot and having Chris Tarrant play a one off game for them tomorrow will prove an almost impossible task for KP to overcome. Even though we are only 3 rounds in, from what we have seen so far, it is there Premiership to lose. Hillside by 25 goals.

Jacana v East Sunbury - Hats off to the Jacana Football Club, what they have shown in the first 3 rounds as a club deserves nothing but praise, Yes, they haven't won a game, but they have been competitive in all games they have played in so far from what I have heard and seen which is very positive signs for the club in moving forward. Well done to the whole committee down there in turning the club around. East Sunbury are the new team on the block but it will take them 2-3 years until they start competing. Jacana by 15 goals.

Roxburgh Park v Coburg Districts - Roxy have shown the competition promising signs and will be premiership contenders in the near future, they are a young team with some excellent talent. Coburg Districts have also showed some positive signs but it is clear that they are still trying to find there feet in the EDFL. Roxy by 5 goals

Moonee Valley v East Keilor - This for me will be the match of the day, The Div 2 Premiership replay, Moonee Valley have started the season off well and are currently undefeated, but tomorrow will face there first real test of the season when they come up against East Keilor in there 80th Anniversary game. The difference between the two teams from that Grand Final last year is that MV have kept all its players aswell as adding on and even though East Keilor have added on aswell, they have lost a fair few quality players. Both teams will go far into Finals this year and this game looks to be an absolute 'Andrew Krakouer'. MV by 2 goals

anyone else find the results from the weekend quite interesting??? moonee valley far to good for EK winning by 90 points. a far bigger margin than i think anyone would have expected....
also hillside only winning by 30 points with tarrant playing. a lot closer than was expected i think... possibly hillside aren't heads above the rest of the competition like everyone has expected them to be???
also good to see jacana getting there first win in years with a massive margin

anyone else find the results from the weekend quite interesting??? moonee valley far to good for EK winning by 90 points. a far bigger margin than i think anyone would have expected....
also hillside only winning by 30 points with tarrant playing. a lot closer than was expected i think... possibly hillside aren't heads above the rest of the competition like everyone has expected them to be???
also good to see jacana getting there first win in years with a massive margin

Too much hipe is placed on AFL stars (especially if they are over 30 + years old) as their best is behind them. I am not saying in any way that they are no good but a AFL NAME does not win you the game alone and teamates play a vital role also. Well done for lifting the club profile and hopefully spreading AFL culture to the homegrowns but remenber the homegrowns will hopefully support the club long after the AFL players have moved on or retire. Hillside need as much culture as they can get as they have not had the luxuary of having past senior players mentoring the youg list as they are a new club by senior standards. Good luck in the future.:)

Too much hipe is placed on AFL stars (especially if they are over 30 + years old) as their best is behind them. I am not saying in any way that they are no good but a AFL NAME does not win you the game alone and teamates play a vital role also. Well done for lifting the club profile and hopefully spreading AFL culture to the homegrowns but remenber the homegrowns will hopefully support the club long after the AFL players have moved on or retire. Hillside need as much culture as they can get as they have not had the luxuary of having past senior players mentoring the youg list as they are a new club by senior standards. Good luck in the future.:)

Well said and i agree with "SOME" of your thought process - The crowd was well over 1500 on the day, AUSKICK kids played during half time, parents were there all day to watch the game, 100+ must have circled Chris after the game for photos/signatures - We shouldn't really lose sight that the cameo games are around to draw crowds and bring attention to LOACL FOOTY CLUBS... Building a culture is a bit of a stretch however, those kids will remember that and the kouta game for many years. They'll be proud to say their club was involved - A culture takes generations to build so that will come when the AUSKICK kids start playing seniors. HATS OFF THE HILLSIDE FOR PUTTING ON A GREAT DAY.

Too much hipe is placed on AFL stars (especially if they are over 30 + years old) as their best is behind them. – This comment astounds me…?!? The guys was playing on Buddy Franklin 9 months ago…?!?!?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well said and i agree with "SOME" of your thought process - The crowd was well over 1500 on the day, AUSKICK kids played during half time, parents were there all day to watch the game, 100+ must have circled Chris after the game for photos/signatures - We shouldn't really lose sight that the cameo games are around to draw crowds and bring attention to LOACL FOOTY CLUBS... Building a culture is a bit of a stretch however, those kids will remember that and the kouta game for many years. They'll be proud to say their club was involved - A culture takes generations to build so that will come when the AUSKICK kids start playing seniors. HATS OFF THE HILLSIDE FOR PUTTING ON A GREAT DAY.

Too much hipe is placed on AFL stars (especially if they are over 30 + years old) as their best is behind them. – This comment astounds me…?!? The guys was playing on Buddy Franklin 9 months ago…?!?!?

Just a small matter to comment on,
I agree with all you said EXEPT YOUR COMMENT OF "ASTOUNDS ME" I was not talking about Chris Tarrent as a player or a person I was just stating my thoudghts in general of ALL EX AFL PLAYERS and not any specific player.

Seems like the hillside forum again!
On that, they certainly look like the odds on favourites but if they remain undisciplined and keep getting suspensions it could all unravel. Especially with the Senior coach getting reported also! Great leadership up there.
Someone mentioned culture? bit hard when you have a club seven or so years old and continually turning over coaches and players, no stability.

Can I have some feed back on how Alex Farrar is playing this year at Hillside, new him in his junior days with the jets.

Is the 16 year old kid playing at Jacana Seniors as good as they say? Talk out of Jacana is he is their best player and gets Tagged most weeks.

Is the 16 year old kid playing at Jacana Seniors as good as they say? Talk out of Jacana is he is their best player and gets Tagged most weeks.

Got a name? Is he an EDFL junior? I know a few of them, but could have slipped through the radar.

Got a name? Is he an EDFL junior? I know a few of them, but could have slipped through the radar.
His name is Beau Naim. Would be leading Jacana's BnF. Yeah a lot of teams have tried to tag him & rough him up but it doesn't bother him. Only small but I would be shocked if Cannons overlooked him next year.

His name is Beau Naim. Would be leading Jacana's BnF. Yeah a lot of teams have tried to tag him & rough him up but it doesn't bother him. Only small but I would be shocked if Cannons overlooked him next year.

Know of Beau. Very good player and would certainly be one young player who would excel at that level.

You can expect to see some great young kids enter the senior ranks next year in the EDFL who will leave their mark.

Hi All...

Some photos of the Hillside v Coburg Districts game last Saturday. Good to see footy played in the wet and mud again :)
http://www.pbase.com/mattyjsmith/hillcob
http://www.pbase.com/mattyjsmith/hillcob

Cheers :)
150593676.jpg

150554505.jpg

150550702.jpg

What the happening down at Hillside u/12's Sunday? A Hillside official rec'd a 2 year ban at the tribunal last night. Anyone know what occurred?

I don't know, but 4 suspensions for abusive language and manner in juniors for goodness sake?

Dunno if it's of interest to anyone down that way but the RDFL has a night game this Friday (7.30pm) at Romsey with the Redbacks taking on Broadford. Barry Hall will be at one end and century goalkicker of the past two years Matt Davidson at the other

Quite a number of clearances into Broadford FC this past week, including a few with previous ties to EDFL clubs, should be an interesting contest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back