EDFL Division 2 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Innovativefwd

Senior List
Dec 3, 2013
St Kilda
AFL Club
Geelong
What sort of impact is everyone expecting Mango going to have on Tulla coming from Avers last year? He was solid at stages last year, however mind you him and Patak where the only shinning light for Abers in the granny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlueJet

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
North Ballarat
What sort of impact is everyone expecting Mango going to have on Tulla coming from Avers last year? He was solid at stages last year, however mind you him and Patak where the only shinning light for Abers in the granny.

Wrong thread.
He was quality in the top grade so you'd imagine he'd do well at a lower standard. He and JK will give Tulla probably the most potent forward line in the division.

poojabber

Rookie
Apr 24, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Any news at all from any clubs? This thread looks dead.

I know Moonee Valley have a praccy match in 2 weeks or so.

Grassbag

Team Captain
Oct 28, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Any news at all from any clubs? This thread looks dead.

I know Moonee Valley have a praccy match in 2 weeks or so.
Jacana picked up a few so I hear... Not sure who they've lost though

Caton from diggers rest will be extremely handy

poojabber

Rookie
Apr 24, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
any signings worth noting from the top teams? MV, coburg the keilors?

Edit seen the clearances looks like Jacana coburg and roxy picked up a few

Last edited:

PenAndPaper

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 17, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Apparently East Sunbury will be playing the new guys on the block in the WRFL of Tarneit on Friday night. Wonder how that one will go

oneday

Draftee
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
Jacana has been active in the of season signing 4 from diggers rest a couple back from longwood and i hear now that Chris Johnson has signed to help his former club and a few more to come as well ,things are looking up for jacana boys..

NorthWest

Draftee
Feb 15, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Div 2 has been very quiet from all teams. EK have just made an official announcement on two losses (expected to be big ones).
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...6.318713814858558&type=1&theater&notif_t=like
Its great news for the kids but it doesnt mean that is a loss.
Many young players get signed to VFL clubs but done always play. When they dont play they can play with their own clubs. The experience can only benefit them as players and if they do then play with their club its a bonus for that club.
One for example last year was Jake Layley from Craigieburn. Played more at his own club than at Coburg.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BlueJet

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
North Ballarat
Its great news for the kids but it doesnt mean that is a loss.
Many young players get signed to VFL clubs but done always play. When they dont play they can play with their own clubs. The experience can only benefit them as players and if they do then play with their club its a bonus for that club.
One for example last year was Jake Layley from Craigieburn. Played more at his own club than at Coburg.
Zumbo was similarly a handy member of the Greenvale premiership side when not required down at Werribee.
Also if the club manages the situation well they'll be more than happy to return there once their time at the higher level is over.

THRU DA LINES

Senior List
Sep 21, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
Zumbo was similarly a handy member of the Greenvale premiership side when not required down at Werribee.
Also if the club manages the situation well they'll be more than happy to return there once their time at the higher level is over.
The main concern is that if these players are wanting to advance, they may be wanting to seek a home club playing at a higher level than Division 2 as EK do

edflfootyfans

Draftee
Feb 12, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
I completely agree with you all. In EK's defense, 18yo Hill has played the past 2 or 3 seasons at senior level and has proved to be the best on their list and one of the best in the Div 2 comp. And your correct that being from a C grade club there is a higher chance they won't stand out as much. Only time will tell how the season pans out as Jacana have been most active with good signings, Ek haven't recruited (there recruits are apparent no shows to training) and MV have some major loses.

Commando

Club Legend
Apr 6, 2010
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Man Utd, AC Milan, Wolfsburg,
Any word on how burnside heights are going?
Also noticed Anzac Day footy fri 25th April on the fixture

poojabber

Rookie
Apr 24, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
getting close to practice matches now, who is vsing who and when? wouldn't mind watching a couple preseason games to see what the comp is like.

NorthWest

Draftee
Feb 15, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
I completely agree with you all. In EK's defense, 18yo Hill has played the past 2 or 3 seasons at senior level and has proved to be the best on their list and one of the best in the Div 2 comp. And your correct that being from a C grade club there is a higher chance they won't stand out as much. Only time will tell how the season pans out as Jacana have been most active with good signings, Ek haven't recruited (there recruits are apparent no shows to training) and MV have some major loses.
Not sure where you got your info but the new recruits have been at training. I do know some can't train Wednesday nights and the club and the players know that. Work and family commitments on Wednesday nights arranged so that when footy season comes into line for Tuesday and Thursday night training all will be good.

oldfella

Rookie
Mar 3, 2014
Seen burnside play yesterday there was a couple of good players but can't see them being to competitive. Always hard as a start up club attracting players and tall players they just don't have. Lost to sanctuary lakes by 5 goals but should have been a lot more.

poojabber

Rookie
Apr 24, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
I'm told that Jacana looked good in their praccy match against Braybrook. Hopefully they'll be able to take a step forward this season.

Guessing a Jacana person told you that. They looked very ordinary compared to Mooney valley and east Kiel or. Catton must be on big coin to leave diggers for Jacana. Anyone know why jacanas best player didn't play? (Kid that won league bnf) was really looking forward to seeing him running around

Remove this Banner Ad

Back