EDFL Division 2 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

$700 waste of money

In a s**t side Definitely but in a good side still expensive but kid can play...

He tried to go back to moonee valley and they low balled him for leaving so he didn't turn up to a practice match

In a s**t side Definitely but in a good side still expensive but kid can play...

He tried to go back to moonee valley and they low balled him for leaving so he didn't turn up to a practice match

So they should! That's the risk you take when you leave a club. If you don't like your new destination you surely can't expect to just walk straight back into your old club on the same terms... Especially if the club has spent the freed up match payments on new recruits. Tough luck!

Not true.
Burnside said they wouldn't clear him back unless Valley paid $9k (value of his contract for the season)

Fair point to make a high unrealistic demand as if you sign and agree stick to your word "unless" the actual club has done something wrong by the player. It's great to sign early to get a good deal but if the club doesn't recruit around you "maybe" as promised then that's not keeping your word also. Don't like the fact his moving back & forth in the same division either which makes it difficult but think the club is within there rights to hold him to his contract.

Btw- Burnside don't spend much so if his getting the rumoured $700 there wouldn't be much $$ left for a quality mid to get the ball forward..

Jacana over districts with an effigy of cam Cloke to get burnt

Valley in a tight one against Roxy Loui to get smashed in the first centre clearance

Saints over kp by 5 goals- kp the windiest place on earth

Sunbury to hammer burnside covelli's 700 a game to lessen some of the pain of getting smacked by 30 goals
no chance Loui even cops a bump in the first clearance no one at Roxy would have it in them all talk

This is an interesting comment but worth mentioning. It's going to be interesting to see the mindset of Roxy towards players towards those that have moved to other clubs. If they go the man it will mean they haven't moved forward at all and stuck in the past. The ball and the 4 points must be the no1 objective. I think Trav will point this out and make a statement to play the ball.
Also will be interesting to see how the crowd react. Once again the focus will be on seeing change in the culture towards moving forward and growing as a club. Can they rise up??? Huge area out there (plenty of business out there with a hotel & car dealership to attract sponsors) and I would have expected Roxy to be a regular part of the div1 scene by now.. To me it's taken far to long.. Thoughts!!

They spun alot of s**t to get him down there.
Said 4 were coming across from WRFL team of the year, 2 A-Grade EDFL Mids and Leading goal scorer in the Riddle League
Message read "we are hellbent on being promoted in the next 2 seasons"
hellbent on being promoted?? How about they concentrate on trying to win a game first lol

This is an interesting comment but worth mentioning. It's going to be interesting to see the mindset of Roxy towards players towards those that have moved to other clubs. If they go the man it will mean they haven't moved forward at all and stuck in the past. The ball and the 4 points must be the no1 objective. I think Trav will point this out and make a statement to play the ball.

I didn't mean that they would go the man but I'm sure when he gets the footy they will be tackling to hurt

His a scoop hot off the press boys!

A former Nth Saints ruckman could further bolster the Saints chances of promotion in 2017 possibly a great recruit just prior to the season kicking off. Watch this space!!

Said 4 were coming across from WRFL team of the year, 2 A-Grade EDFL Mids and Leading goal scorer in the Riddle League

Well said mate..
Unfortunately they might have spoken to players, but just don't have the money. They need time and even then will be hard for them in that area I reckon. Plenty of kids but not sure it's an attraction for getting senior players in. Only my thoughts..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well said mate..
Unfortunately they might have spoken to players, but just don't have the money. They need time and even then will be hard for them in that area I reckon. Plenty of kids but not sure it's an attraction for getting senior players in. Not a lot of atmosphere down there and open windy ground. Only my thoughts..

Well said mate..
Unfortunately they might have spoken to players, but just don't have the money. They need time and even then will be hard for them in that area I reckon. Plenty of kids but not sure it's an attraction for getting senior players in. Not a lot of atmosphere down there and open windy ground. Only my thoughts..
Totally right with the atmosphere.
Not really there fault but with classroom like social rooms, can't say it's a place you want to stick around in.

Totally right with the atmosphere.
Not really there fault but with classroom like social rooms, can't say it's a place you want to stick around in.

New rooms being built starting late this year I'm led to believe from a mate involved with the cricket club

Also will be interesting to see how the crowd react. Once again the focus will be on seeing change in the culture towards moving forward and growing as a club. Can they rise up??? Huge area out there (plenty of business out there with a hotel & car dealership to attract sponsors) and I would have expected Roxy to be a regular part of the div1 scene by now.. To me it's taken far to long.. Thoughts!!
To many guys at the club that play for them self's rather then the team all about showing off to them do not think the club will ever go up Loui has never been that bad at all in fact the club needed more guys like him to toughen the group up there all soft

To many guys at the club that play for them self's rather then the team all about showing off to them do not think the club will ever go up Loui has never been that bad at all in fact the club needed more guys like him to toughen the group up there all soft

Soft? Sound like another disgruntled person that has left?

Soft? Sound like another disgruntled person that has left?
No mate just stating facts there is no dedication in the senior group if you are a senior playing signing up to play for Roxy be prepared to not know 50%(maybe even more) of your senior team mates untill the season starts or practice matches come along you will train with more 19s and ressies players then you will senior payed players because in some of there own words "they do not have to train" "we don't not do pre season" now i know its only div 2 but still the attitude is s**t

No mate just stating facts there is no dedication in the senior group if you are a senior playing signing up to play for Roxy be prepared to not know 50%(maybe even more) of your senior team mates untill the season starts or practice matches come along you will train with more 19s and ressies players then you will senior payed players because in some of there own words "they do not have to train" "we don't not do pre season" now i know its only div 2 but still the attitude is s**t

Fair call

If they weren't out coached in the grand final last year things could've been different in terms of commitment? Just an observation.

And unfortunately sometimes this division ain't all about commitment.

Must have been pretty close to have known that?
Sure you aren't an ex coach down there?

If they weren't out coached in the grand final last year things could've been different in terms of commitment? Just an observation.

And unfortunately sometimes this division ain't all about commitment.
For some it would of but the usuals would of been the same like i said if there was more guys like Loui at the club they would of been in a better position its just the way he said things rubbed people up wrong they could not take it hurt there feelings a bit everyone wanted to have a laugh muck around show off ect which in some ways is fair enough if you don't enjoy your football why bother?? but there is a time for that and there is a time to be serious it does not help when the former captain was also one of those who did not give a s**t and would rather put down those he thought were below him for a laugh with his mates

Remove this Banner Ad

Back