EDFL Division 2 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

If they weren't out coached in the grand final last year things could've been different in terms of commitment? Just an observation.

And unfortunately sometimes this division ain't all about commitment.
What a cop out mate . You must be a player . Blaming the coaching is typical of a playing group who let their coaches and club down and are too weak to admit it was their own fault. No one was blaming the coach when you finished 3 games clear on top and then won the second semi by 9 goals. Should have a good look in the mirror some people

Harley Short new captain at Roxy Park
Thats the mail! Great choice in short as captian , is a great leader. Unfortunately he will always be a div 2 player. Tried his luck over at craigieburn preseason last year and relized he wouldn't get many senior games so went back to Roxy. Thats what i heard on the grape vine.

No mate just stating facts there is no dedication in the senior group if you are a senior playing signing up to play for Roxy be prepared to not know 50%(maybe even more) of your senior team mates untill the season starts or practice matches come along you will train with more 19s and ressies players then you will senior payed players because in some of there own words "they do not have to train" "we don't not do pre season" now i know its only div 2 but still the attitude is s**t
Exactly the problem and it's not just C grade. I think players who can't train more than once a week should be going to a gym or something and making effort elsewhere. I admit it's hard to have full time footy when you aren't getting paid a lot as a player and the world require 24/7 type work shifts. However I still think players have to stop being lazy and blaming the coaches all the time. It's hard for any coach to give his or her all when players aren't doing putting in enough effort

Thats the mail! Great choice in short as captian , is a great leader. Unfortunately he will always be a div 2 player. Tried his luck over at craigieburn preseason last year and relized he wouldn't get many senior games so went back to Roxy. Thats what i heard on the grape vine.

Heard he played seniors at Northcote Park (Div 1). Pretty sure he could have a run at Craigieburn quite easily, the choice to head back to roxy was due to personal reasons outside of footy. To stay and captain a club is a great achievement in any division so i say good luck to him.

Actually the coach at Roxy last year seemed like a decent coach. Spoke well but keep in mind it's div3 footy really. Not the easiest of jobs either I think looking in as an outsider.. That club had big expectations many years ago but appears to have gone off the rails somewhat. Why blame the coach?? Was he supported by the head chiefs up there? I'm not sure the previous captain was the best person to take them forward from what I've seen of Roxy over the years. Why wasn't McGill captain last season??

Actually the coach at Roxy last year seemed like a decent coach. Spoke well but keep in mind it's div3 footy really. Not the easiest of jobs either I think looking in as an outsider.. That club had big expectations many years ago but appears to have gone off the rails somewhat. Why blame the coach?? Was he supported by the head chiefs up there? I'm not sure the previous captain was the best person to take them forward from what I've seen of Roxy over the years. Why wasn't McGill captain last season??
He was the obvious choice last year its a shame he was not picked not sure how that all happened

Actually turbo I know president quite well many people pleaded around club asked him to take job on which he really didn't want Jason is a awesome bloke and it's very difficult at times to make right decision at the end of the day there a people who give up lots of time to help clubs run I was at last years grand final think the pressure got to the coaching staff only simply from my view was a couple of players who most selflisly gave away unnecessary 50 penaltys think a kid by name af Aaron cost them at least couple goels guess coach should of dragged him earlier his behavior on the fence behind coached boxes was ordinary simply some poor decisions at critical times had roxy won think things would have been very different and players and coaches would still be around and those knockers at the club would have settled

His a scoop hot off the press boys!

A former Nth Saints ruckman could further bolster the Saints chances of promotion in 2017 possibly a great recruit just prior to the season kicking off. Watch this space!!

With all the changes taking place at the club over the last year, i'd be surprised if they entertain that. from what I know they said thanks but no thanks to another former son Loui. I think they have their types already at the club so they seem to know what they want and what they don't.

With all the changes taking place at the club over the last year, i'd be surprised if they entertain that. from what I know they said thanks but no thanks to another former son Loui. I think they have their types already at the club so they seem to know what they want and what they don't.
Actually the club didn't want to lose moody when he went to hillside

As long as he doesn't want ridiculous money I think they'll be keen to have him

I think it's completely different situation with both players. One has coaching aspirations and the other just wants to play footy. They will undoubtedly welcome him back with open arms.

And don't believe all this sh@@ talk of what the player was asking etc. Its rubbish.. If anyone believes that they have little clue and don't know the guy.. But anyone involved with footy will tell you big ruckman don't fall off trees and they do demand some coin. They are one of the most important players in any side, and in a physical position..

What's the latest with the Cloke to Hurtsbridge situation? Just read this on the Ballarat FL thread regarding a player trying to re-neg on a commitment....

"In limbo footballer Matthew Notman has had his appeal to override his contract with Melton Football Club, in order to play with Melton South, rejected.

Notman signed a contract to play with Melton in the 2017 season, but has since made a bid to return to his original club – but the appeal submission was turned down by football development managers who liaise with AFL Victoria.

Despite the initial rejection, Melton South co-coach Sean Triplett confirmed the club would take the appeal one step further and seek the input of AFL Victoria.

Ballarat Football League commercial and regional operations manager Aaron Nunn said the decision was a simple one given the signed contract.

“Matthew either plays football for the Melton Football Club or he sits out the length of the contract he’s got with the footy club,” Nunn said.

Nunn said it provided a reminder to players to be diligent with their contract negotiations and understand the long-term commitment.

“It just goes to show that players need to be mindful of what they’re signing and the commitment they’re making to footy clubs and honour those agreements.”

Melton South expects to have an answer from AFL Victoria by mid-week.

Melton coach Brad Murphy said Notman would be welcome back at the club despite the drawn out conflict."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's the latest with the Cloke to Hurtsbridge situation? Just read this on the Ballarat FL thread regarding a player trying to re-neg on a commitment....

"In limbo footballer Matthew Notman has had his appeal to override his contract with Melton Football Club, in order to play with Melton South, rejected.

Notman signed a contract to play with Melton in the 2017 season, but has since made a bid to return to his original club – but the appeal submission was turned down by football development managers who liaise with AFL Victoria.

Despite the initial rejection, Melton South co-coach Sean Triplett confirmed the club would take the appeal one step further and seek the input of AFL Victoria.

Ballarat Football League commercial and regional operations manager Aaron Nunn said the decision was a simple one given the signed contract.

“Matthew either plays football for the Melton Football Club or he sits out the length of the contract he’s got with the footy club,” Nunn said.

Nunn said it provided a reminder to players to be diligent with their contract negotiations and understand the long-term commitment.

“It just goes to show that players need to be mindful of what they’re signing and the commitment they’re making to footy clubs and honour those agreements.”

Melton South expects to have an answer from AFL Victoria by mid-week.

Melton coach Brad Murphy said Notman would be welcome back at the club despite the drawn out conflict."
I've heard 2 conflicting stories doona, 1 that a certain x afl player from jacana went to afl vic and they said jacana have every right not to clear him, and this would make cam sit out as he and coach fletcher have had a falling out over the situation and cam won't play at jacanaat all and another story saying that jacana asked hurstbridge for some money (the sign on fee) and hurstbridge agreed.
Can anyone else back these stories up?

I've heard 2 conflicting stories doona, 1 that a certain x afl player from jacana went to afl vic and they said jacana have every right not to clear him, and this would make cam sit out as he and coach fletcher have had a falling out over the situation and cam won't play at jacanaat all and another story saying that jacana asked hurstbridge for some money (the sign on fee) and hurstbridge agreed.
Can anyone else back these stories up?

Pretty close . But I've been told Hurstbridge offered to pay back the $ sign on cloke received , but Jacana has said 'No' , he's a required player.

So Foss this falling out? Was it before Hurstbridge came into the equation, or was the fallout a result of it?

So Foss this falling out? Was it before Hurstbridge came into the equation, or was the fallout a result of it?

Hey Doona, Hurstbridge were chasing Cloke prior to Xmas with a good offer, but at the time he didnt want to play in the same division as his old club Bundoora out of respect for them.

I think jacana is very disappointed in the way the whole matter was approached, no transparency, maybe a fib or two, and end result him wanting out....

Big, big coin offered from hurstbridge is the rumour.

I think jacana is very disappointed in the way the whole matter was approached, no transparency, maybe a fib or two, and end result him wanting out....

Big, big coin offered from hurstbridge is the rumour.
Also hearing he is now reconsidering staying and playing. As the mates that made the trip with him to the purple and gold have had a chat to him. And my be a change of heart. Guess no one will know until we see either a clearance or a name on a team sheet.

Also hearing he is now reconsidering staying and playing. As the mates that made the trip with him to the purple and gold have had a chat to him. And my be a change of heart. Guess no one will know until we see either a clearance or a name on a team sheet.

Staying put is my mail !
But will the commitment be there ??
If not it may just be 110 goals instead of 140

This week could be seen as only certain winner and the others toss of the coin. But I see it as

Jacana with Cloke by 12 goals + with out a kick either way
Northern 8 goals +
MV 17points
East by more then the Aussies 2nd in innings 150+

Moe Taleb from HS back to NS great get for NS
Moudy Taleb from HS to WC

Both late outs for HS might hurt them a tad.

Also heard NS have made a late chase on a EFL star mid

Remove this Banner Ad

Back