EDFL Division 2 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Sunbury over roxy
Saints over MV
Cd and jacana winners against kp and burnside...
is roxys season officially over and will sunbury now go on to make finals??

Sunbury over roxy
Saints over MV
Cd and jacana winners against kp and burnside...
is roxys season officially over and will sunbury now go on to make finals??
Roxy season was over before the start of the season. With all the players that departed and then player choosing to go on holidays mid season ! East Sunbury def contenders for 4 th spot.

Who is everyone's top four to play finals?
Jacana
CD
NS
MV

Or do Sunbury get a look in?
Does anyone come out of that top 4?

Jacana seem to be at full strength
CD have a few out
NS seem to have plenty out
MV have a few out

I hope Sunbury sneak into the top four to replace NS or MV

Coburg , jacana - then its open..
N/S - up & down form, could grad a spot , but not a lock in. Still have a few tough games ahead & im not sure they'll be deserving in the end.
E/S - starting to deserve a finals birth , tricky draw a head , but form ATM gives them every opportunity.
M/V - toughest draw of all , and their form , while competitive, isn't good enough ATM. Would have to knock off a couple of the big boys to grab a birth & after seeing them a few times this season , don't think they can.
Roxy - soft draw after this week , get some quality back from holidays , so while they'll look gone after this week (Coburg) , don't think they'll lose many games in the run home. As strange as it seems now , may actually hit the finals series (if they sneak in) with some real momentum behind them.
So I'll go
Coburg
Jacana
Sunbury
Roxy

Coburg , jacana - then its open..
N/S - up & down form, could grad a spot , but not a lock in. Still have a few tough games ahead & im not sure they'll be deserving in the end.
E/S - starting to deserve a finals birth , tricky draw a head , but form ATM gives them every opportunity.
M/V - toughest draw of all , and their form , while competitive, isn't good enough ATM. Would have to knock off a couple of the big boys to grab a birth & after seeing them a few times this season , don't think they can.
Roxy - soft draw after this week , get some quality back from holidays , so while they'll look gone after this week (Coburg) , don't think they'll lose many games in the run home. As strange as it seems now , may actually hit the finals series (if they sneak in) with some real momentum behind them.
So I'll go
Coburg
Jacana
Sunbury
Roxy

After next week roxy will be 2 games out of the four assuming they lose to coburg which is likely and NS beat burnside which is likely

Roxy and saints play each other twice before the end of the season which will probably determine which of them miss out

Genuine 8 point games but 50-50 games as to who wins

Will be crackers

Who is everyone's top four to play finals?
Jacana
CD
NS
MV

Or do Sunbury get a look in?
Does anyone come out of that top 4?

Jacana seem to be at full strength
CD have a few out
NS seem to have plenty out
MV have a few out

I hope Sunbury sneak into the top four to replace NS or MV
Jacana no where near full strength ,Bennett ,B.Mall ,J.Mall , Cleary ,Roach ,Johnson,Davies,Keenan ,Wolfgram ,R.Evans ,Racovalis,Cluney , Edis,Arnold all due to come back in over the next 4 weeks

Not quite true when you look at the fixture;

• E/S - Jacana, C/Districts and N/Saints twice and only Burnside once, do not play K/Park again (Reckon that's pretty tough)
  • M/V - Jacana twice, do not play C/Districts, K/Park twice and Burnside
  • R/P - Jacana and C/Districts once each and Keilor Park twice with Burnside once
Cant see how that makes M/V have the toughest draw, East have an extremely young list and hopefully can run out the season and cause a couple of upsets. One thing is for sure, if they can keep putting experience into the young blokes, things look good in the future for the club. It could come down to the last round when M/V play Roxy and east take on Burnside. Great to see a couple of new teams in conversations about finals, doesn't that make the whole league more interesting, instead of the same thing year in and year out like some of the other competitions. You don't always have to spend big to improve, if you build from the bottom it may take a little longer and is a lot harder because of the commitment needed but will be worth it in the end.

Jacana no where near full strength ,Bennett ,B.Mall ,J.Mall , Cleary ,Roach ,Johnson,Davies,Keenan ,Wolfgram ,R.Evans ,Racovalis,Cluney , Edis,Arnold all due to come back in over the next 4 weeks

Geez gotta feel for the dozen or so guys who look like getting the lemondade and Sarss in the run to finals

I seen a person name Danny Campbell in coburg districts reserves side is this the one that played for Glenroy /Oak park looking for another premiership medal ? good pick up but worth a few points if it is him .

I seen a person name Danny Campbell in coburg districts reserves side is this the one that played for Glenroy /Oak park looking for another premiership medal ? good pick up but worth a few points if it is him .

Think it's another Campbell as Danny is playing in the Riddel league this season. Couldn't imagine Danny playing EDFL div3 reserves!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Burnside looked ordinary against the saints. Covelli was there only hope up forward again and the bears ruckman seemed to be another stand out. The club will need to win this weekend against keilor if they want to finish the season off stronger then previous years or things could get ugly.

Jacana showed why they are a serious flag contender. Came out of the blocks with the wind and dominated the first quarter. To ES credit, they fought it out and turned it into a real battle. Jacana went after the younger opponents with Cree copping some attention and Evans dropping knees into blokes behind play. Morrison was taking crucial contested marks all game and Tom Burnside was very lively in front of goal. One thing I found interesting was seeing Kamen Ogilvie warming up with ES before the game. I had to check the clearances before the game haha. Must still have a close connection down there.

Jacana showed why they are a serious flag contender. Came out of the blocks with the wind and dominated the first quarter. To ES credit, they fought it out and turned it into a real battle. Jacana went after the younger opponents with Cree copping some attention and Evans dropping knees into blokes behind play. Morrison was taking crucial contested marks all game and Tom Burnside was very lively in front of goal. One thing I found interesting was seeing Kamen Ogilvie warming up with ES before the game. I had to check the clearances before the game haha. Must still have a close connection down there.
so footyfanaticc are you the player that got kneed in the back behind play ? as he is a gun player and putting his name on here is crap !

Burnside looked ordinary against the saints. Covelli was there only hope up forward again and the bears ruckman seemed to be another stand out. The club will need to win this weekend against keilor if they want to finish the season off stronger then previous years or things could get ugly.

Meaning ?

This year compared to the last few has been an improvement. Still a lot of work to do, but its not all doom and gloom.

do you think Roxy will play all the players coming back from holidays in the 2s and qualify them to make finals and maybe back to back premiers ?

Pretty fair summary of the game Footyfanatic. Jacana did go hard at the young kids but that is just expected these days, Jacana were slower and older but had the experience by plenty. In relation to the scores you should remember that it was about 40 to zip at quarter time, East outscored jacana for the remaining three (3) quarters which was a fantastic effort to lose by 3 in the end. I reckon Jacana had slightly better luck with the wind as well.
On reflection I wondered what it would be like to have a football budget worth the amount of money Jacana's senior team spent on tatts, East could probably afford 3 or 4 ex AFL players who are looking for a way out of Melton South............................... would be nice, lol.

2 main things I learnt from the game;
  1. Chris Johnson does not need to be challenging young blokes to fights in the car park after the game, he is above that type of behaviour you would think
2.Cameron Cloke is to be commended for his attitude towards the kids during the game, for a bloke that gets sprayed every game he plays by both teams supporters, he was a credit to the jumper on Saturday with how he spoke to the young kids during and after the game.

so footyfanaticc are you the player that got kneed in the back behind play ? as he is a gun player and putting his name on here is crap !

Hahaha Nah mate, I wish I was still able to pull on the boots. Don't know who it was who copped the knee but he definitely got up looking sore. Just thought it was a very average act from a bloke who I thought played the game the right way.

Pretty fair summary of the game Footyfanatic. Jacana did go hard at the young kids but that is just expected these days, Jacana were slower and older but had the experience by plenty. In relation to the scores you should remember that it was about 40 to zip at quarter time, East outscored jacana for the remaining three (3) quarters which was a fantastic effort to lose by 3 in the end. I reckon Jacana had slightly better luck with the wind as well.
On reflection I wondered what it would be like to have a football budget worth the amount of money Jacana's senior team spent on tatts, East could probably afford 3 or 4 ex AFL players who are looking for a way out of Melton South............................... would be nice, lol.

1. Chris Johnson does not need to be challenging young blokes to fights in the car park after the game, he is above that type of behaviour you would think
2.Cameron Cloke is to be commended for his attitude towards the kids during the game, for a bloke that gets sprayed every game he plays by both teams supporters, he was a credit to the jumper on Saturday with how he spoke to the young kids during and after the game.

I'm not sure anyone in local footy can dispute the way both Cam & Jason Cloke go about their footy. From what I've seen both Always seem to give their all and play in the right spirit. With there size they could knock blokes over everywhere and do it fairly but they just go about there business without going out of there way to hurt anyone. Got to admire that!!

I'm not sure anyone in local footy can dispute the way both Cam & Jason Cloke go about their footy. From what I've seen both Always seem to give their all and play in the right spirit. With there size they could knock blokes over everywhere and do it fairly but they just go about there business without going out of there way to hurt anyone. Got to admire that!!

Got to agree with you Turbo about the Clokes saw Jason play with Parkside in the WRFL against Laverton the other week and he just played the ball the whole day and i must admit i was impressed about that because he could have cause some damage out there

Answer 1 . chris gets whacked a lot on the field by young blokes wanting to make a name for themselves and Chris doesn't retaliate so he probably offered the young bloke in the car park after the game to see how tuff he really is !

Answer 1 . chris gets whacked a lot on the field by young blokes wanting to make a name for themselves and Chris doesn't retaliate so he probably offered the young bloke in the car park after the game to see how tuff he really is !

Agreed anytime I've ever played against him never seen him do anything dirty

Remove this Banner Ad

Back