EDFL Division 2 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Coburg , jacana - then its open..
N/S - up & down form, could grad a spot , but not a lock in. Still have a few tough games ahead & im not sure they'll be deserving in the end.
E/S - starting to deserve a finals birth , tricky draw a head , but form ATM gives them every opportunity.
M/V - toughest draw of all , and their form , while competitive, isn't good enough ATM. Would have to knock off a couple of the big boys to grab a birth & after seeing them a few times this season , don't think they can.
Roxy - soft draw after this week , get some quality back from holidays , so while they'll look gone after this week (Coburg) , don't think they'll lose many games in the run home. As strange as it seems now , may actually hit the finals series (if they sneak in) with some real momentum behind them.
So I'll go
Coburg
Jacana
Sunbury
Roxy
You still standing by you're prediction ? Surely not

Coburg , jacana - then its open..
N/S - up & down form, could grad a spot , but not a lock in. Still have a few tough games ahead & im not sure they'll be deserving in the end.
E/S - starting to deserve a finals birth , tricky draw a head , but form ATM gives them every opportunity.
M/V - toughest draw of all , and their form , while competitive, isn't good enough ATM. Would have to knock off a couple of the big boys to grab a birth & after seeing them a few times this season , don't think they can.
Roxy - soft draw after this week , get some quality back from holidays , so while they'll look gone after this week (Coburg) , don't think they'll lose many games in the run home. As strange as it seems now , may actually hit the finals series (if they sneak in) with some real momentum behind them.
So I'll go
Coburg
Jacana
Sunbury
Roxy[/QUOTE

Surely it's time to get your Roxy hat off . Don't think they've got the easy run you predicted mainly because you showed no faith in Nth saints which is strange considering your Mutton Reserve connection .

Lol gave up on saints after losing young Gray to a knee & witnessing their terrible performance vs Roxy in the earlier rd.
Yep they'll play finals now , but that 4th spot is still up for grabs.
What I've seen lately , Jacana look really good , a big ground will test tho , but they'd be odds on ATM..
Coburg only danger for mine.
I could be wrong..

Northern too good today
Short, Elliot and Mackninnon were good but overall Northern were better, led by kako, Clayton and The kid with the Helmet
Could be interesting an finals series

Kid with the
Northern too good today
Short, Elliot and Mackninnon were good but overall Northern were better, led by kako, Clayton and The kid with the Helmet
Could be interesting an finals series
kid with the helmet ( Pete ) is a really good young kid on and off the field. And thanks to greenvale not having 19's northern get the reward. But also with matty gray going down has given him that time on the midfield. So now when matty returns some adds that bit more.

Kid with the

kid with the helmet ( Pete ) is a really good young kid on and off the field. And thanks to greenvale not having 19's northern get the reward. But also with matty gray going down has given him that time on the midfield. So now when matty returns some adds that bit more.

Yeah the greenvale kids that come cross re enjoying at the moment. Big crowd yesterday, Roxy did bring a crowd, but northern is alwYs big for the bigger games. I could see the BBQ was flat out all day and the ladies behind the canteen were exhausted! It did help that both teams have thirds, so that would have added, lucky with two grounds...a few players still to come back, shame one of the younger kids may not be back in Silvio, shoulder injury, just adds to the midfield. At least 3 to come back from what I see.

Any idea of when Hayden Ferrally will return? I'm hearing that Roxy are really missing some of that grunt work...

Cracking game at cole reserve

Saints 6 goals up at three quarter time districts mounted a huge challenge

Saints hang in for the win

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saints fell well short today. Deserve the 3rd place only so far....two teams above them are simply better all round at the moment.
Hope they can turn it round..

Saints still third but now travelling just nicely. Seem to have weathered the storm during the season so far and with players trickling back in seem to have a sense of belief and game plan. Although a couple of injuries during the game with no bench in the last took its toll in the last quarter. Can only dream now if they did have a bench what the Margin could have been from 3/4 time but all credit to both the Saints and the more experienced Districts. The saints have been great in giving their young blokes a go over the last 3 odd years.

The final 4 is set Jacana ,Coburg ,northern , valley .
Northern to end east sunbury this week Jacana to end Roxy also and mooney valley should go another game clearer , and big one is will cloke kick his hundred this week ?

Keilor Park on its knees ? Will forfeit reserves games for balance of season commencing with tomorrows game against Districts

[QClub I="FromTheBar, post: 51420767, member: 172022"]Keilor Park on its knees ? Will forfeit reserves games for balance of season commencing with tomorrows game against Districts[/QUOTE]

Club is not on it's knees. It's ONE WEEK of 20 players unavailable for reasons you have no idea. Injuries unfortunate as well. No juniors YET to fill in like most other clubs but will get there.
Disappointing statement.

Keilor Park probably in a better position for 2018 than Burnside Heights at least. Many players on the move from what I've heard after a small mid season exodus this year. Half the list are training at other clubs already. Not enough juniors coming up so they won't have a 19s again.

Last edited:
[QClub I="FromTheBar, post: 51420767, member: 172022"]Keilor Park on its knees ? Will forfeit reserves games for balance of season commencing with tomorrows game against Districts

Club is not on it's knees. It's ONE WEEK of 20 players unavailable for reasons you have no idea. Injuries unfortunate as well. No juniors YET to fill in like most other clubs but will get there.
Disappointing statement.[/QUOTE]

KP do struggle a bit but are a good club who have fought against the odds for years and still stay above water. I very believe any true footy follower would want to see them do well and be competitive.. I hear they are doing better than previous years off field and will bounce back next year.. Good on them I say..

I invite anyone to head up to KP for a beer and see for yourselves.

Keilor Park probably in a better position for 2018 than Burnside Heights at least. Many players on the move from what I've heard aftershocks small mid season exodus this year. Half the list are training at other clubs already. Not enough juniors coming up so they won't have a 19s again.
I'll bite mate
Why they leave ?
It can only be a few things - getting smacked most weeks, coaching direction , or 2 nds players cracking the shits not playing ones
Spill it mate , you know something

Disappointing statement.

KP do struggle a bit but are a good club who have fought against the odds for years and still stay above water. I very believe any true footy follower would want to see them do well and be competitive.. I hear they are doing better than previous years off field and will bounce back next year.. Good on them I say..

I invite anyone to head up to KP for a beer and see for yourselves.[/QUOTE]
Couldn't agree more
Problem is the same blokes propping up the bar as 15 years ago
Really not to sure what they do in the future god knows they have tried it

I invite anyone to head up to KP for a beer and see for yourselves.
Couldn't agree more
Problem is the same blokes propping up the bar as 15 years ago
Really not to sure what they do in the future god knows they have tried it[/QUOTE]

Yes that's % correct. Not sure as it's an ageing area and really need a smart businessman to run footy clubs these days and they are a sporting club which probably had kept it alive somewhat..

I'll bite mate
Why they leave ?
It can only be a few things - getting smacked most weeks, coaching direction , or 2 nds players cracking the shits not playing ones
Spill it mate , you know something

2nds players have no desire to plays ones. Probably part of the reason why they struggle so much. Zero depth. Gone backwards since year one imo. Keep losing junior players to clubs like Keilor and Hillside because they have no faith in the seniors ever coming good.

Will struggle for a side next year.

2nds players have no desire to plays ones. Probably part of the reason why they struggle so much. Zero depth. Gone backwards since year one imo. Keep losing junior players to clubs like Keilor and Hillside because they have no faith in the seniors ever coming good.

Will struggle for a side next year.
Had enough players to fill 3 seniors sides last week. Can't be that bad.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back