EDFL Division 2 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

There was a whisper around on the weekend that Roxy Park would be on the hunt for a new coach. I heard that the ex President of Yarraville that lives across the road would be getting involved and the club have put the feelers out to WM coach DC to coach. This person was at Yarraville at the same time as DC.
DC to Tulla in 2018

On SM-G935F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Keilor Park probably in a better position for 2018 than Burnside Heights at least. Many players on the move from what I've heard after a small mid season exodus this year. Half the list are training at other clubs already. Not enough juniors coming up so they won't have a 19s again.

I heard that the players who left were ex seniors who couldn't handle the truth that they are only ressies standard and the club was happy to move on the negativity they were causing. Off field the club is flying and juniors keep coming. They have just advertised for an Under 19 coach and have already signed senior recruits for next year. Watch this space I've been told.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm hearing the Roxy coach is a no show tonight

Seriously I can't believe all this negativity regarding the Roxy coach by some posters (not necessarily you) on here. Coaching in any league at this level can't be an easy task. You don't have coaches lining up to apply for these positions mate. With no disrespect, it's more difficult taking on a job like Roxy where historically they are known to have off field issues. This level of footy is nowadays is more for the younger types mixed in with some experienced leaders that set standards and can guide the group through the journey. Yes they do have a decent junior program but the senior group must have a good strong coach as well as on field leaders. Can't have one without the other.

I heard that the players who left were ex seniors who couldn't handle the truth that they are only ressies standard and the club was happy to move on the negativity they were causing. Off field the club is flying and juniors keep coming. They have just advertised for an Under 19 coach and have already signed senior recruits for next year. Watch this space I've been told.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Seniors/reserves regardless, losing a number of players mid season isn't a good look. Add to that the players training at other clubs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What are people thoughts about umpires deciding pre game to change the written rules because of the conditions. Scrapping the nominated ruck contests and allowing 3rd man up because of strong winds.
To clarify the umpires werent specifically allowing the 3rd man up as in a clean jump at the ball. The interpretation was that in the event of a wind effected ball up or throw in allowance would be made to allow a player not nominated in the ruck to take posession. Certainly different from the pre set rule however considering the horrendous conditions the edfl umpiring dept. got this right. I think common sense prevailed on this occasion. Lets be honest it was a tough day for all players and officials yesterday I cant remember a day like it.

To clarify the umpires werent specifically allowing the 3rd man up as in a clean jump at the ball. The interpretation was that in the event of a wind effected ball up or throw in allowance would be made to allow a player not nominated in the ruck to take posession. Certainly different from the pre set rule however considering the horrendous conditions the edfl umpiring dept. got this right. I think common sense prevailed on this occasion. Lets be honest it was a tough day for all players and officials yesterday I cant remember a day like it.

That's Smart umpiring. The worse conditions I have seen in 20 yrs of senior football. Playing and watching

Week 1 of division 2 finals are locked in.
Jac v cd
Ns v mv
Where to from there who knows.

Would anyone of the top 4 coaches in this div entertain the Roxy job? Tulla job? Westy job?
Any of them up to it??

Week 1 of division 2 finals are locked in.
Jac v cd
Ns v mv
Where to from there who knows.

Would anyone of the top 4 coaches in this div entertain the Roxy job? Tulla job? Westy job?
Any of them up to it??

If I'm correct all bar Tankard at CD are in their first year at those clubs so probably not. Also none have achieved anything of note to impress clubs in the higher division. Roxy in the same division so why go there. If Roxy are looking for another coach then that club is going backwards at a fast rate. They need stability amongst other things..

If I'm correct all bar Tankard at CD are in their first year at those clubs so probably not. Also none have achieved anything of note to impress clubs in the higher division. Roxy in the same division so why go there. If Roxy are looking for another coach then that club is going backwards at a fast rate. They need stability amongst other things..
Looks like roxy are looking for another senior coach as they are advertising it . 2 coaches in one season , who is going to want to coach there . From what I hear the players want to tell the coach how to do his job. The noise coming out of the club is the president will also step down at end of season. Not a good feel down there . Maybe they should merge with Hadfield 2 struggling clubs .

Looks like roxy are looking for another senior coach as they are advertising it . 2 coaches in one season , who is going to want to coach there . From what I hear the players want to tell the coach how to do his job. The noise coming out of the club is the president will also step down at end of season. Not a good feel down there . Maybe they should merge with Hadfield 2 struggling clubs .

Any players on the outer?

That x coach was spotted on Saturday at the roxy game with an x player now at mooney valley standing with a young roxy kids father having a good look....

A merge lol you muppet! They have had one bad year. People come and go from footy clubs all the time, sometimes you have to take 2 steps back to go 1 step forward. I think there are worse clubs out there struggling at the moment

Remove this Banner Ad

Back