EDFL Division 2 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Why would a side avg 25-30 shots at goal a game , recruit another 4-5 point fwd?
I've seen Coburg a couple of times this season & like the footy they are playing , but imo have a couple of weaknesses.. a small 'pressure' fwd capable of a goal or 2 a game but more about defensive work than attacking.
2nd a big defender , to take on the bigger power Fwds of comp. a weakness they've had for a while now , not easy to come by I know , but if you have the $$ (which they seem to) & the room in your points & the premiership window is open (which it seems to be) then I'd go all out to lure these two types of players.
I rate McGill very highly but to use him in a key position defence roll , which he can handle , seems to lose his real strength - his run & create from h/b.
Just my opinion.

Why would a side avg 25-30 shots at goal a game , recruit another 4-5 point fwd?
I've seen Coburg a couple of times this season & like the footy they are playing , but imo have a couple of weaknesses.. a small 'pressure' fwd capable of a goal or 2 a game but more about defensive work than attacking.
2nd a big defender , to take on the bigger power Fwds of comp. a weakness they've had for a while now , not easy to come by I know , but if you have the $$ (which they seem to) & the room in your points & the premiership window is open (which it seems to be) then I'd go all out to lure these two types of players.
I rate McGill very highly but to use him in a key position defence roll , which he can handle , seems to lose his real strength - his run & create from h/b.
Just my opinion.

Maybe they plan to use Vesnaver back and then slot Flavel in up forward? I guess the need a plan to combat Cloke if they happen to meet in the GF as Cloke will win the GF on his own with enough forward entries. Vesnaver has the strength to match him and will try and get into his mind but he obviously doesn't have the ability of Cloke. Interesting finals series if sides at full strength. Don't discount NS either..

Maybe they plan to use Vesnaver back and then slot Flavel in up forward? I guess the need a plan to combat Cloke if they happen to meet in the GF as Cloke will win the GF on his own with enough forward entries. Vesnaver has the strength to match him and will try and get into his mind but he obviously doesn't have the ability of Cloke. Interesting finals series if sides at full strength. Don't discount NS either..
Wouldn't discount MV or RP on there Day either

Surely with Brown and Flavel heading into districts side that it would push Vesnaver back as early as this week!

Surely with Brown and Flavel heading into districts side that it would push Vesnaver back as early as this week!
Some serious competition for spots down at cd then, which star recruits may find themselves playing 2's?
Surely the points become a factor of flavel and brown get there

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty sure there might be two of the same surname, 1 plays half fwd and one plays key possition?
Correct me if I am wrong here?
Not wrong just went the wrong taleb still think the comments of Luke going back are ridiculous offers to much up front.
With cudmore I think it's lay and McGill they have height there

Not wrong just went the wrong taleb still think the comments of Luke going back are ridiculous offers to much up front.
With cudmore I think it's lay and McGill they have height there

Cracking game of footy. Big boisterous crowd. Saints have unearthed a new rocky Ferraro, no 20 6 goals. Kid can kick a ball, remember him in the 16's. good game of footy!

Cracking game of footy. Big boisterous crowd. Saints have unearthed a new rocky Ferraro, no 20 6 goals. Kid can kick a ball, remember him in the 16's. good game of footy!

I wouldn't say that. He is still young, long way to go. Heard the saints had plenty out and played a number of kids. If true great effort, couldn't get down. Can someone confirm.

I wouldn't say that. He is still young, long way to go. Heard the saints had plenty out and played a number of kids. If true great effort, couldn't get down. Can someone confirm.

Always had a booming kick did young Bruno and can play. I see another old Auskicker played today too. I bet his dad was very proud.

Districts v Saints was a beauty that kid Clayton is lightning and deadly around the goals, Districts class was the difference in the end
Hopefully jacana v Roxy will be similar this week some very good footballers on both sides

Districts v Saints was a beauty that kid Clayton is lightning and deadly around the goals, Districts class was the difference in the end

Good kid too Kelsey

I thought districts were a little underwhelming to be truthful

Number of players out for the saints plus two injuries in the first quarter to key players

Thought districts should have won comfortably on paper being the in form team

Last edited:
I still think NS won't be good enough this year and they were a popular favourite. Unless Cloke goes down, the Jaguars will go up but only momentarily.

I still think NS won't be good enough this year and they were a popular favourite. Unless Cloke goes down, the Jaguars will go up but only momentarily.

Yeah, you are probably right. Midfield is where they (NS) lack, seem to have scoring power having most points for so far, but of all the top teams seem to have a a lot points kicked against. I don't think it's entirely a back line problem.

Yeah, you are probably right. Midfield is where they (NS) lack, seem to have scoring power having most points for so far, but of all the top teams seem to have a a lot points kicked against. I don't think it's entirely a back line problem.
What's happening @ NS with all the suspensions they are receiving this year. Seemed to have got rid of all the trouble makers last year.

What's happening @ NS with all the suspensions they are receiving this year. Seemed to have got rid of all the trouble makers last year.

Think we've had two suspensions in the 1's for the year

Not ideal but hardly excessive

Did have an incident in the 19's game on the weekend doubt the guy involved will ever play for the club again

Remove this Banner Ad

Back