EDFL Division 2 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Completely understand Turbo, just stating the fact as to why no one from Roxy went into the rooms after the game. A very bitter pill sits in their mouth after the episode in last year's Anzac Day match (if that's Tippety's club anyway. I have many friends at Roxy and they are a very hard working and family orientated club, just don't understand why people from the outside, or bitter ones which have left, continually pot the club. What happened to their coach pre-season was an unfortunate episode and if you speak to that coach he still has a great love for the club and its people and is at most of their games. Maybe they have missed their window of opportunity in the last three years, so maybe need to take a few steps back to go forward again.

As for treading water & showing little improvement at all......that is a very uneducated comment from Tippety.
CouldNotPlay, I guess the whole point of Tippety's post is clubs setting standards and looking forward, not backwards. I hear your point but sooner or later clubs like Roxy must be bigger than that and look to the future IF they wish to move forward in any possible way. New players, coaches etc wouldn't need to hear negative stuff but rather focus on moving forward together. It's a bit like some clubs who review their list at season's end and have courage to move on players that do not want to adhere to club standards.

Just on opposition players coming into rooms post game I think is becoming something that happens at a lot of clubs nowadays. Why? Not sure but think the clubs should ALL get together and come up with a plan to improve this. Things like
-president/coaches post game speeches at a certain time!
-visiting side best player award!
-maybe a few plates of party pies on tables or a sausage in bread for each opposition player post game?

Btw- this is for all grades of footy.
Thoughts??

The issue with club supporters is not good and really needs to be stamped out from the presidents & committee. I know previous committees there tried very hard to eliminate this behaviour but couldn't and ended up giving up.. These were good people trying to steer them in the right direction. Just because people come and watch footy doesn't give them the right to abuse people or do other things. Would they do these things at home in front of family? Would they say things to people in the street one on one? Most likely not..
Football clubs should engage people and be family clubs in this day and age.

Cheers

Spot on Turbo.

Yes KP is the club I follow most closely in Div 2 Couldnotplay. It seems as though Roxy really are struggling to move on from what happened last year on Anzac day. This is my point....accusations of cheating etc etc etc when in actual fact if you step back and look, what happened is the umpires had a discrepancy in scores, the score was changed, match result finalised. Roxy were on the rough end of the deal but if you try and tell me that if the sides were switched and Roxy were handed the result that they would have surrendered the win to KP then I think you're delusional. After an investigation was held by the league, the result stood. What more is there to say? There was no cheating as the umpires are independent. Roxy still made the GF in 2016. Move on. By the way, I'd love it if this thread wasn't overrun by talk about anzac day last year because its been well and truly covered.

What I was saying in my post was that, as an outsider looking in at the clubs we have played this year, some seem to be really striving forward in a positive way, there are peanuts at every club who ruin it for everyone but the majority of supporters at clubs like NS, Jacana, CD seem to be really changing for the better, which is great for those clubs and the league as a whole.

Completely understand Turbo, just stating the fact as to why no one from Roxy went into the rooms after the game. A very bitter pill sits in their mouth after the episode in last year's Anzac Day match (if that's Tippety's club anyway. I have many friends at Roxy and they are a very hard working and family orientated club, just don't understand why people from the outside, or bitter ones which have left, continually pot the club. What happened to their coach pre-season was an unfortunate episode and if you speak to that coach he still has a great love for the club and its people and is at most of their games. Maybe they have missed their window of opportunity in the last three years, so maybe need to take a few steps back to go forward again.

As for treading water & showing little improvement at all......that is a very uneducated comment from Tippety.
And there is the answer about why people bag roxy

Still whinging about something from last year
People who bag the club must be ex roxy and bitter(just so you know not everyone likes roxy)
An unfortunate episode with regards to the coach mate everyone knows last years captain and some other players knifed him and the
allowed it.
Just so you know we played you two weeks and the amount of people from roxy bagging the club and the committee was in double figures
From whats been said the new coach might pull the pin as well

Wouldn't read too much into todays results or live scores between Jacana & east sunbury. Heard at the ground, Jacana have 16 out. Public holiday weekend football does not work.

And there is the answer about why people bag roxy

Still whinging about something from last year
People who bag the club must be ex roxy and bitter(just so you know not everyone likes roxy)
An unfortunate episode with regards to the coach mate everyone knows last years captain and some other players knifed him and the
allowed it.

Just so you know we played you two weeks and the amount of people from roxy bagging the club and the committee was in double figures
From whats been said the new coach might pull the pin as well

Not only did the club allow it they stood by these players rather then the coach instead of kicking them out because of that alot of good footballers have left along with any hope of Roxy going up a div

Wouldn't read too much into todays results or live scores between Jacana & east sunbury. Heard at the ground, Jacana have 16 out. Public holiday weekend football does not work.
Still see mall, cloke,Bennett, Roach, Morrison, Coliss, scarpini, Evans, fletcher, Davies, kimo, cluney......
So obviously not 16 out..... give east some credit,

Not only did the club allow it they stood by these players rather then the coach instead of kicking them out because of that alot of good footballers have left along with any hope of Roxy going up a div
Not the only side with a number quality players out. They beat the top side easily the week before. And got beaten by a better side today. East Sunbury where good inside and outside the contest and just had to much leg speed. They played a good all round game.

Watch the game today (with no connection to any club) , I went down to watch the Cloke show!
Gee full credit to E/S after 10min mark of first qtr they were by far the better side. Matched jacanas physical game , then the spread & ball use was a sight to see. Tall kid at full forward was a handful all day , kicked 4-5 I think & no5 dominated clearance work ,z
Evans busted his ass all day & Morrison looked dangerous when near the footy. But gee a lot of passengers out there for jacana.
Cloke a key target , but I've seen jacana 3 times now & it amazes me blokes from 30mtrs out don't have a shot , but will kick to cloke on 3 blokes. No quality small in their fwd line , Magic - (I guess he's called that cause he disappears) had no input what so ever, & with no defensive side to jacanas fwd line , as soon as it hit the ground Sunbury we're off & running.
A great effort by them in a game no one gave them a chance of winning.
The clash with Roxy in 2 weeks , becomes a big game now!
Unless jacana were missing 5-6 speedsters (cause if you match their physical attack on footy - then you're a big chance to knock em off) , I'd say this premiership race is wide open. Big grounds don't suit them & think finals venues are all big grounds.

For you sit on here constantly bagging Roxy with every single post you make it's easy to know who you are when everyone knows the Desi is WastinTime.., you joined up at the time all the drama unfolded at Roxy and you're constantly always updated on what's going on apparently..,

Roxy will be fine, they started behind the 8 ball and the Europe trip obviously won't help. But with the talent they still have in that playing group anything is possible when they are on. They're hunting everyone else rather then being hunted and that might just work well for them young guys come the pointy end of the year..,

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree killed them all day. Do u know anything about him? Age? Is this his first year @ east sunbury?

Played juniors at the club and won the u/18.5 EDFL Bnf last year. Kids a gun. Hard at it. I think he's only 18.

Still think saturdays win shows the future of ES is bright with the development of this young group. This may be the win they need to get their season on track.

Played juniors at the club and won the u/18.5 EDFL Bnf last year. Kids a gun. Hard at it. I think he's only 18.

Still think saturdays win shows the future of ES is bright with the development of this young group. This may be the win they need to get their season on track.

Some very good young players in this Comp and he just about tops the list!
Agree with you that ES have a bright future and now are a big chance to make the 4

For you sit on here constantly bagging Roxy with every single post you make it's easy to know who you are when everyone knows the Desi is WastinTime.., you joined up at the time all the drama unfolded at Roxy and you're constantly always updated on what's going on apparently..,

Roxy will be fine, they started behind the 8 ball and the Europe trip obviously won't help. But with the talent they still have in that playing group anything is possible when they are on. They're hunting everyone else rather then being hunted and that might just work well for them young guys come the pointy end of the year..,
So who is he?

Agreed mate full credit to ES they're on the rise!!
Spot ON. I watched the game also with the expectation Jacana would cream them. Looked that way early, but ES weathered it and the kids showed poise to convert the chances they had on goals. Keep in mind I think ES have 2 or 3 of their top 22 out injured? IMO look out when the young kids in that side have played a full season at senior speed.. the only thing slowing them down is the mental speed to make decisions in play - too often the spread was slowed by young fellas pushing behind the mark and kicking down the line.
Would be a different story on a smaller ground I think Jacana would've won by 4-5 goals, but East have a side built for their ground so credit to them.

Key now is to keep the Kids in years to come.

Any reason Rhys Anderson-brown was in the 2's?

From what I saw he's comfortably in their 1's side at the moment

Jacana lacked forward pressure which he provides has a bit of x factor about him as well

Spot ON. I watched the game also with the expectation Jacana would cream them. Looked that way early, but ES weathered it and the kids showed poise to convert the chances they had on goals. Keep in mind I think ES have 2 or 3 of their top 22 out injured? IMO look out when the young kids in that side have played a full season at senior speed.. the only thing slowing them down is the mental speed to make decisions in play - too often the spread was slowed by young fellas pushing behind the mark and kicking down the line.
Would be a different story on a smaller ground I think Jacana would've won by 4-5 goals, but East have a side built for their ground so credit to them.

Key now is to keep the Kids in years to come.

Yeah, I noticed Tom Galea and Jordan Braddy were missing. Was told that a few others were missing also... Saw Dylan Tarczon around the bench during the game. Would be interesting to see if he returns from injury and plays. Would be a handy inclusion if they are pushing for finals

Any reason Rhys Anderson-brown was in the 2's?

From what I saw he's comfortably in their 1's side at the moment

Jacana lacked forward pressure which he provides has a bit of x factor about him as well

If Shane Barry doesn't play Jacana can't win. That man is a freak

Remove this Banner Ad

Back