EDFL Division 2

Remove this Banner Ad

So with Haddy beating Jacana, will they move back up to Div 1? Someone was telling me East Keilor won't come back down in order to keep Div 1 with an even amount of sides so they don't have a bye in 2016? However Div 2 will only have 7 sides if this is the case.

Pretty much a two horse race if this is the case, Roxy and Jacana. Might be the only way we can win a flag (Roxy that is). I haven't played there since my last year of 18's 5 years ago, but I still follow them. Jacana and Haddy just bullied the young Roxy kids into submission really. Found another gear come finals.

Shouldn't have happened... Roxy just stopped running

Game was won in the midfield/forward half for coburg in the last quarter so Roxy losing their FF wasn't the turning point
That's been the mentality of that club for years mate, I grew up in Roxy and for as long as I can remember, that's been the attitude. Shattered for those boys, but they started thinking about the celebrations at 3/4 time, and in typical fashion when the momentum was against them, heads dropped and you could just tell they weren't going to get home despite being well and truly in the game. No voices, no one was willing to lead and they turned into a bunch of 22 individuals for the most important quarter of the season.

So with Haddy beating Jacana, will they move back up to Div 1? Someone was telling me East Keilor won't come back down in order to keep Div 1 with an even amount of sides so they don't have a bye in 2016? However Div 2 will only have 7 sides if this is the case.

Pretty much a two horse race if this is the case, Roxy and Jacana. Might be the only way we can win a flag (Roxy that is). I haven't played there since my last year of 18's 5 years ago, but I still follow them. Jacana and Haddy just bullied the young Roxy kids into submission really. Found another gear come finals.
Been hearing the same rumours about evening the Div 1 comp up however the EDFL are non committal and wont announce anything. Makes it hard for clubs to do budgets as a further 2 rounds adds significant costs in terms of player payments. You would think a new side would need to come into div 2 to enable this to all happen. Parkside have been touted as a likely entrant in 2016 but its all rumour at this stage

Been hearing the same rumours about evening the Div 1 comp up however the EDFL are non committal and wont announce anything. Makes it hard for clubs to do budgets as a further 2 rounds adds significant costs in terms of player payments. You would think a new side would need to come into div 2 to enable this to all happen. Parkside have been touted as a likely entrant in 2016 but its all rumour at this stage
Parkside will not be going the Edfl in 2016 , staying in WRFL

Div 1 will stay the same next season with 9 teams & 8 in Div 2

That sucks.

I notice the NFL have all the B & Fs up, teams of the year and the likes before their div 1 GF, while the EDFL is still deciding when to have the award night.

Is this fact aussieone or just your opinion? Beyond ridiculous if the edfl allow another season with a bye in div 1!!
I don't mind the bye... Last year I went and watched mates that play at other clubs when we weren't playing

I just heard that East Sunbury had their BnF.

1 - Kamen Ogilvie
2 - Jason King
3 - Ash Fleming

As can be seen, their recruits really excelled this year.

I just heard that East Sunbury had their BnF.

1 - Kamen Ogilvie
2 - Jason King
3 - Ash Fleming

As can be seen, their recruits really excelled this year.

Congrats to Jason King on getting second, a role model and the face of East Sunbury where he grew up in beautiful Goonawarra. Congrats mate :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lot of recruits signed up for keilor park so far most of them ex KP players

Club is pretty confident of a far better 2016

Lot of recruits signed up for keilor park so far most of them ex KP players

Club is pretty confident of a far better 2016
Is this another off-season of people saying keilor park is going to be looking good keilor park has alot of ex players coming back because they made a lot of people look silly this past season
They will need alot of work to get close to beating any side other then burnside

Is this another off-season of people saying keilor park is going to be looking good keilor park has alot of ex players coming back because they made a lot of people look silly this past season
They will need alot of work to get close to beating any side other then burnside

Roughly 12 new players signed so far with discussions still continuing

Not talking flags but will be greatly improved

Roughly 12 new players signed so far with discussions still continuing

Not talking flags but will be greatly improved

At what point does KP stop worrying about buying 'recruits' and start worrying about developing talent? It appears that the club is run with a player in/player out concept.

Can see the young teams in Burnside and ES leap frogging them in the future. Don't forget the importance of 18's.

At what point does KP stop worrying about buying 'recruits' and start worrying about developing talent? It appears that the club is run with a player in/player out concept.

Can see the young teams in Burnside and ES leap frogging them in the future. Don't forget the importance of 18's.

Easier said than done considering the demographics of the area.

Club is in the process of working extremely hard in rebuilding the juniors but it will take a number of years for that to flow through to seniors not something that happens overnight and to suggest the club isn't focused on that is ridiculous

Maybe Scott's kempster and Christian gaylard dean Rioli are pulling the boots back on

KP have a number of junior sides coming through which is a credit to the hard working people in the junior committee, due to the area. But it will take time to see the results. They do seem to be fighting back in small steps.

KP have a number of junior sides coming through which is a credit to the hard working people in the junior committee, due to the area. But it will take time to see the results. They do seem to be fighting back in small steps.
So turbo what about the current coach? Did they sack him ? I keep hearing a ex coach has come back Marcus Barclay. As far as I knew the current coach had been offered the job after all he did was sacrifice. So did Keilor park do what they do best and burn the young bloke that helped the club. Shed some light on the situation turbo ????

Steven vocale won Hadfield best and fairest
with Heath Mckerchar 2nd
and Matt patane 3rd

I also heard that matt walker from Roxy was invited to the league best and fairest which would mean he come first or second as only the winners get an invite I've heard

So turbo what about the current coach? Did they sack him ? I keep hearing a ex coach has come back Marcus Barclay. As far as I knew the current coach had been offered the job after all he did was sacrifice. So did Keilor park do what they do best and burn the young bloke that helped the club. Shed some light on the situation turbo ????

I haven't heard anything yet, and I was hoping to get the job. Thought I interviewed well! The ex coach had agreed to be my assistant to, so I thought I was a certainty.. Haha.

I haven't heard anything yet, and I was hoping to get the job. Thought I interviewed well! The ex coach had agreed to be my assistant to, so I thought I was a certainty.. Haha.

Keilor Park announce Marcus Barclay as their new coach for season 2016. Great news for KP moving forward.

Appears the outgoing KP coach is headed for Roxburg Park, possibly as assistant coach. His brother also going with him.
Probably best for all involved to make a fresh start.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back