EDFL Division 2

Remove this Banner Ad

That's the word they've both signed there. 4 clubs in 4 years not a good look for someone is it.

Not really, but as I stated in previous posts, he did stick out the year though. Maybe lovelocalfooty can add something as he seems to be a bit closer to it than me..

Not really, but as I stated in previous posts, he did stick out the year though. Maybe lovelocalfooty can add something as he seems to be a bit closer to it than me..
I thought you were closer to it turbo you seem to know a lot about Keilor park. What do u mean by your earlier post regarding needing a fresh start? He was only there for a year. Surely you don't need a fresh start after a year. I think u know something more then your not telling? Come on turbo. I did some research and yeah I don't know what has happened at Kp but I did hear he left NS for a fresh start after being at northern for quite a few years so that's y the move to tulla. Then he obviously wanted to coach so that's the reason for the move there. But don't know y Roxy. Anyone know y Roxy? Yeah might be 4 clubs in 4 years but pretty good reason y tho. How much would Roxy improve with him and he's brother in there team? Could that be the missing piece in the puzzle to get them over the c grade hump? Thoughts everyone? So turbo make sure you share the info between Kp n the previous coach?

I thought you were closer to it turbo you seem to know a lot about Keilor park. What do u mean by your earlier post regarding needing a fresh start? He was only there for a year. Surely you don't need a fresh start after a year. I think u know something more then your not telling? Come on turbo. I did some research and yeah I don't know what has happened at Kp but I did hear he left NS for a fresh start after being at northern for quite a few years so that's y the move to tulla. Then he obviously wanted to coach so that's the reason for the move there. But don't know y Roxy. Anyone know y Roxy? Yeah might be 4 clubs in 4 years but pretty good reason y tho. How much would Roxy improve with him and he's brother in there team? Could that be the missing piece in the puzzle to get them over the c grade hump? Thoughts everyone? So turbo make sure you share the info between Kp n the previous coach?

I heard the ex coach wore a moon boot to a game to try and trick the opposition, took it off, played then gave himself 3 votes. Clubs captian walked out because of him, with 10-15 players set to follow if he continued as coach. Prob play twos at Roxy from what i hear. Sounds like KP is making a lot of good decisions at the minute. Time will tell i guess.

I heard the ex coach wore a moon boot to a game to try and trick the opposition, took it off, played then gave himself 3 votes. Clubs captian walked out because of him, with 10-15 players set to follow if he continued as coach. Prob play twos at Roxy from what i hear. Sounds like KP is making a lot of good decisions at the minute. Time will tell i guess.
I really don't want to burst anyone's bubble here, but it really doesn't matter what any team do for 2016. If any club get within 10 goals of East Keilor, it will only be because they were on the grog the night before or they are simply not trying that day, and even then, they would still win. But a team might have a chance of getting closer than 10 goals. Sorry to say it, but the flag is already won and its not even Christmas

I really don't want to burst anyone's bubble here, but it really doesn't matter what any team do for 2016. If any club get within 10 goals of East Keilor, it will only be because they were on the grog the night before or they are simply not trying that day, and even then, they would still win. But a team might have a chance of getting closer than 10 goals. Sorry to say it, but the flag is already won and its not even Christmas

Dont be sorry.

Dont be sorry.
Do you disagree BigShips. Because goin off what I seen last year, from both EK and div 2 games, there really isnt much of a comparison. They are streets ahead and will remain that way throughout the season. The league should have made div 1 a team comp and left div 2 with some competetiveness. Now it is goin to be a landslide, and that is not good for anyone involved, nor is it a good look for the EDFL, I wouldnt have thought

Do you disagree BigShips. Because goin off what I seen last year, from both EK and div 2 games, there really isnt much of a comparison. They are streets ahead and will remain that way throughout the season. The league should have made div 1 a team comp and left div 2 with some competetiveness. Now it is goin to be a landslide, and that is not good for anyone involved, nor is it a good look for the EDFL, I wouldnt have thought

Xsandos, I'm not convinced East Keilor already have the premiership cup at this time of the year. Why do you think this?
I'm sure a lot of other div2 clubs have intentions of going up to div1 and will challenge. Usually it's pretty competitive in div2 with the exception of Hillsides gun team a few years back.
Not sure how Burnside are travelling but most other clubs seem to have improved from what I'm hearing.
Do agree East Keilor "should" be up there but not sure going up & then back down is a good thing for any club. Best to build a plan and try and stabilise a bit. Having said this it's a challenge for clubs like East Keilor & Keilor Park due to the ageing area. Need a good culture to keep things interesting for keeping supporters coming to games in div2.
Good luck to all clubs..

Xsandos, I'm not convinced East Keilor already have the premiership cup at this time of the year. Why do you think this?
I'm sure a lot of other div2 clubs have intentions of going up to div1 and will challenge. Usually it's pretty competitive in div2 with the exception of Hillsides gun team a few years back.
Not sure how Burnside are travelling but most other clubs seem to have improved from what I'm hearing.
Do agree East Keilor "should" be up there but not sure going up & then back down is a good thing for any club. Best to build a plan and try and stabilise a bit. Having said this it's a challenge for clubs like East Keilor & Keilor Park due to the ageing area. Need a good culture to keep things interesting for keeping supporters coming to games in div2.
Good luck to all clubs..
Watching them last year year, and watching some (limited) div 2 games, I think they are on another level. I thought they were unlicky to be relegated as it is.
For a more detailed answer, it is:
There backline will be far to quick for div 2 forward lines. And they carry the ball out of there as a real unit. They work hard for each other and all seem to be on the same page, led by there skipper(Roberts), they will clean up any ball that gets down there and just keep pushing it forward
Their midfield will have, in my opinion, the best stoppage player in the comp (Curtis), the best player in the comp (Madden) and the best ruckman in the comp (Carrey). These three alone will tear div 2 apart. Then throw the other mids in to the mix and it will be a brutal task for teams to win clearances against this lot.
Big targets seemed to be a big issue up forward from what I seen. But if my mail is correct this has being rectified already in recruiting.
Also I think they will be overall too strong and quick for div 2 teams to match.
Hope this answers your question Turbo.

Well BigShips you must be involved at Kp you must know him or of him. How do u know he gave himself 3 votes? I heard they didn't even do a vote count at all so how would you know that? If that is true wearing a moon boots to trick opposition that's abit stupid. Taking it to a new level there if true. You should also ask reserves_dud he played at Kp. I looked at the league voting funny enough the coach was the highest voting so you saying he will play 2s at Roxy is a bit stupid to say. Don't you think? I was there at the league presso night and in one of the last 4 games with they got smashed in every single game he was the only one to poll a vote so your comment was abit silly. I know they won two games he didn't play in one of the wins so he must be OK to even get a vote. He didn't get the 3 when they won cos I know the umpire that umpired them. Do u know what happened between the captain n coach? I heard the captain was a good bloke so something must of ticked him off.

Well BigShips you must be involved at Kp you must know him or of him. How do u know he gave himself 3 votes? I heard they didn't even do a vote count at all so how would you know that? If that is true wearing a moon boots to trick opposition that's abit stupid. Taking it to a new level there if true. You should also ask reserves_dud he played at Kp. I looked at the league voting funny enough the coach was the highest voting so you saying he will play 2s at Roxy is a bit stupid to say. Don't you think? I was there at the league presso night and in one of the last 4 games with they got smashed in every single game he was the only one to poll a vote so your comment was abit silly. I know they won two games he didn't play in one of the wins so he must be OK to even get a vote. He didn't get the 3 when they won cos I know the umpire that umpired them. Do u know what happened between the captain n coach? I heard the captain was a good bloke so something must of ticked him off.

I know people that where there thats all. Yeah captian is a great bloke. Hopefully they can improve now anyway. not sure about the massive signings but they will improve, good structure starts off the field with strong committee and coaching group. Baby steps.. Looks like EK by the length of the straight apparently followed by Jacana and Roxy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

haha i went and watched keilor park this year and it's fair to say that the coach was terrible had no idea what he was doing and he can not play himself...lol good luck roxy with there big recruits...his brother can play but lacks the skills to be a force in the comp..and for the record keilor park played some ok games against hadfield this year....only a 40 point loss! Seriously they had a 2s side in, there were about 4 senior players...east keilor will be cocky but seriously they don't have an easy flag haha

Xsandos you sound confident? when east keilor come out at 2-1 you should put your house on themgood luck
Not a betting man, thanks anyway bullwinkle. I don't think they will do it easily, I think the players will work extremely hard. All I'm saying is that the results will be very lopsided. Flags aren't won easily. It will take hard work. And from what I seen last year, they are a hard working unit who, in my opinion will only get better. And again if my mail is correct, they will be doing a massive pre season which will put them in very good shape to be successful in 2016 and beyond. They will only build from here. I know there will be doubters, and so be it, every one has an opinion. But at least people cant say they weren't pre warned.
But I guess we will know more in a couple of months!!

Not a betting man, thanks anyway bullwinkle. I don't think they will do it easily, I think the players will work extremely hard. All I'm saying is that the results will be very lopsided. Flags aren't won easily. It will take hard work. And from what I seen last year, they are a hard working unit who, in my opinion will only get better. And again if my mail is correct, they will be doing a massive pre season which will put them in very good shape to be successful in 2016 and beyond. They will only build from here. I know there will be doubters, and so be it, every one has an opinion. But at least people cant say they weren't pre warned.
But I guess we will know more in a couple of months!!
Everyone has a big pre season, so that argument is invalid. I think it's time for Roxy to make a serious charge at a flag otherwise they will be the next Tullamarine. Win everything during the year, but go missing in the big moments. Just because you drop a division doesn't necessarily make you a super power the following season.

Everyone has a big pre season, so that argument is invalid. I think it's time for Roxy to make a serious charge at a flag otherwise they will be the next Tullamarine. Win everything during the year, but go missing in the big moments. Just because you drop a division doesn't necessarily make you a super power the following season.
Probably wouldn't compare Roxy to Tullamarine

But do agree that's it's make or break for Roxy in 2016

Probably wouldn't compare Roxy to Tullamarine

But do agree that's it's make or break for Roxy in 2016
Why though reserve? They were pretty much odds on last year and fell at the final hurdle. And they were the only side to worry Haddy this year but got spooked on the big stage. Tulla have had plenty of opportunities in the last decade but have done the same thing as Roxy.

Why though reserve? They were pretty much odds on last year and fell at the final hurdle. And they were the only side to worry Haddy this year but got spooked on the big stage. Tulla have had plenty of opportunities in the last decade but have done the same thing as Roxy.
Tulla weren't really ever a realistic chance to win it all this year. was a two horse race with Douttas and craigieburn

Roxy did under achieve by not making it to the gf this year in my opinion where as if tulla had made it would have surprised everyone

Not taking anything away from either club great effort from Roxy not so long ago they finished winless on the bottom of b grade

But I can see tulla falling off a cliff at some stage with the lack of juniors and 18's coming through for a number of years it has to catch up with them at some point, just the demographics of the area

Not really, they lacked depth and were relying on older bodies.. not a good combination.
If anything, that Tulla remains in contention year in, year out is overachieving rather than underachieving, especially if you factor in the decent turnover most years.

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

Fair enough oddball.
As I said in the post, we will see in a couple of months.

Heard a whisper that Aaron Kite is playing cricket with East Sunbury this year and is a possibility to sign on for the football season. Would be a massive get for East if true. Will definitely get myself down to a few more senior games in 2016. Could potentially have the best forward and mid (Ogilvie) in the division.

Heard a whisper that Aaron Kite is playing cricket with East Sunbury this year and is a possibility to sign on for the football season. Would be a massive get for East if true. Will definitely get myself down to a few more senior games in 2016. Could potentially have the best forward and mid (Ogilvie) in the division.

Surely not Fanaticc. Kite would kick 150 in that division "but" he does like good delivery as his not so much a physical intimidating player for his size. Sooner or later players need to settle at clubs and Kite needs to understand his talent. He should be playing premier or top level footy somewhere. Nothing worse than seeing people not fulfill there talent IMO.

Already signed, definitely not in Div 2 let alone East Sunbury

Remove this Banner Ad

Back